Reviews for False Gods
Melinique chapter 1 . 5/3
Overall, I like Chuck but it's like every time he shows up after significant absences they mess with his character. I can't wrap my head around God having an older sister capable of killing him, how Death could reap him... it's yeah...he might be A God but not THE God.
Jeanne chapter 1 . 5/29/2018
I like it!
Iuvsbruce chapter 1 . 10/9/2017
EXCELLENT! And totally TRUE!
Ginza chapter 1 . 7/25/2017
I have to agree with you, I hated the end of season 11 and how they showed Chuck as God. Terrible. It still bugs me to death. I pretty much try to ignore the entire Chuck and Amara story line. In general I loved the relationship between Sam and Dean in 11, but they really screwed up the end. IMO it's probably the worst thing this show has done. I like this though, this here will be my head canon from now on. Thank you!
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 7/12/2017
I LOVE
yes please, give these boys the real God to lean on
AllShallFade777 chapter 1 . 7/10/2017
If it were possible, I'd double favorite this, cuz yeah: one of the things that bugged me the most about season 11 was how unGod-like Chuck was, so I'd like to think he wasn't the real deal. Thanks for this!
general zargon chapter 1 . 5/22/2017
This is why fanfiction is here: for fix-its. :) I wish you the best of luck on your writing!
Dragonsrule18 chapter 1 . 2/7/2017
I had the same problem as you did with Season 11. Chuck being God was awful! God being an "insecure, two bit writer with family issues" and his insane behavior which made him have to be told off by Metatron! METATRON! A villian was better than he was when it came to humans! Love your logic that he was a god, like the gods in Greek Mythology, but not THE God. Much better than Season 11. I didn't mind Amara, but I couldn't stand Chuck.
jmr27 chapter 1 . 11/17/2016
Nice. I agree that to me, Chuck is the 'supernatural being' who created angels (who don't match with the Christian biblical kind) and demons (the Supernatural version are also totally not reflective of Christian beliefs) and set off the whole apocalypse thing (which had nothing to do with the book of Revelations), but he is not the God, just being another supernatural being like the pagan gods. Though, how Chuck is treated in season 11 is an interesting commentary on how many in our society view God, and the consistent idea that God is 'gone' is hugely important as well, in the sense that it demonstrates how a lot of non-religious people feel about God. Most portrayals of God in popular fiction are about society's perceptions and not about real theology.
J Lynn chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
Love this a lot.
That story arc about "god" was a startlingly moronic story arc in an otherwise good show.
Okay, yes, the show has done stupid things before (even though it is in general a great show) but it's hard to think of anything that has come close to the awfulness of that particular story arc.
This piece you've written certainly helps to start making a bit more sense of it -
I think many of us were having some kind of similar thoughts to this but you have made those thoughts into a very well written piece of fan fiction. Thank you.
ReaderCassiopeia chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
Thanks for this. I was behind and just finished season 11, but I certainly felt the same way that you did. Your story helped resolve a bit of that disappointment.
FutureLadyDoc chapter 1 . 9/6/2016
I love it! So awesome. I wish it had been in season 11, it would have definitely improved it.
BratFarrar chapter 1 . 8/13/2016
Okay, I NEVER leave reviews on FFnet-for some reason. Not sure why. But this fic deserves a bunch of thumbs up.
ccase1313 chapter 1 . 7/23/2016
Fantastic story! Much needed.
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
I finally watched the finale, so I got to read this! I was wondering how you were going to rectify all the bad theology in that episode, and I love how you did. Subtly, without messing with the plot much, just a quiet whisper of doubt. Awesome. And horray for a summer of KHK fiction!