Reviews for Journey Home
Zipitupcowboy chapter 16 . 2/3/2021
This little review is to express my sincere thanks for your artistry in writing this story. It was absolutely heartwarming, and so exquisitely written! It gave me such joy, and was far better than any Gunsmoke "episode" ever televised. Thank you for your time and your talent. Sure do appreciate you!
52shari chapter 16 . 2/15/2019
Every time I go through and reread your creations about our favorite people I feel a deep delight. Thank you
52shari chapter 16 . 5/22/2018
I love your ability to tell a story. You are very talented. Loved the lines that if they time it just right they will be able to see doc blow coffee out his nose. My best friends uncle worked as crew on gunsmoke for 18 years and his wife was a wardrobe mistress for the men for all 20 years. Uncle Dubs says you have the characters perfect with some of the actors traits thrown in without you realizing it. Hence Matt and the coffee remark because Jim was a big kid at heart and loved to kid and joke on the set. Thank you for a wonderful story
Guest chapter 16 . 5/20/2018
This was very enjoyable. I can see this happening very easily. I am a little surprised that if they were going to change their names that they would keep it so close to the original. The name Dillon was pretty well known as was his relationship with a red haired woman. Favorite part...Kitty telling Matt what she wanted and didn't want and him, having had a taste of not having her around, being willing to go with it.
Guest chapter 15 . 5/20/2018
I've been many places in the west and wouldn't mind living in Laramie either. However, I do prefer up north around Sheridan. Love that Doc came with them. Not surprised Kitty opened a restaurant. She saw a need and filled it. Good business woman.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/20/2018
Sad about Buck. Love that Kitty found being a 'true' lady boring. She could read her own paper but sweet of Thad anyway. Interesting talk on where to live and name changes.
guest chapter 12 . 5/20/2018
Very enjoyable chapter. Love the references to the Earps and such, talks with Hannah, Hannah's version of bleeding heart and Judge Booker. Good memories.
guest chapter 10 . 5/20/2018
Love the writing in this chapter. I enjoyed the episode dealing with Thad and this story is a very nice addition.
tjp chapter 16 . 6/16/2016
Loved this story. Great ending for our Gunsmoke couple.

Janie
Guest chapter 16 . 6/15/2016
I have been a Gunsmoke fan for as long as I can remember. This story had everything in it that I think a Matt and Kitty fan could want! If only the show had really ended this way...that would be just about perfect!
gunsmokefan chapter 16 . 6/14/2016
As it began it ended - perfectly.
DodgeCityAngel chapter 16 . 6/13/2016
Well, Rose, even if you did leave the image of Doc snorting coffee through his nose to my imagination, I was awfully pleased with the way this terrific story came to a close. You brilliantly brought it full circle from the opening scene in chapter one to the closing scene in chapter 16, with Kitty sitting in a chair next to the fireplace with a baby in her arms. And although Matt and Kitty, aka Buck and Katy, had to leave Dodge, they managed to bring a little bit of Dodge with them, the parts that mattered the most to them. This journey home truly had a happily ever after ending!
Judy H chapter 16 . 6/13/2016
Thank you for this wonderful story. I like the way you weave the geography and the way people lived along with the excellent story about Matt and Kitty.
SuzyQ chapter 16 . 6/13/2016
What a fabulously awesome story. Great ending!
SuzyQ chapter 14 . 6/13/2016
That was a nice touch about the hanging. It seemed so real it made me cry.