Reviews for Journey Home
LadyofDodge chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
I can so *hear* Kitty's thoughts during the conversation with the minister's wife.
Ann Murry chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
I'm loving this story! Can't wait for more :)
BigMommaT chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
Wonderful chapter! It was so 'Kitty' to not be embarrassed, even tho' Thad was (especially after eating his foot). Thank goodness Kitty was able to pass her love and wisdom on to Alice.
mommoo chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
I am keeping up on a daily basis with each chapter. This is an awesome story, which is written very well. Such a new and fresh idea with Thad. I so thank you for sharing your talent. Now for some Kitty and Matt time, I hope!
Emmint chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
Yes Thad might have tried to stop Kitty but I think he'll realise that Kitty has to do what she feels is right and that means going home to Dodge, her friends especially and more important Matt.
SingerMe chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
I absolutely love the conversation with the ministers wife. I like this story quite a bit too.
RBGirl chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
Boy I sure wish you would write faster. I'm too old for this kind of suspense.
lostcowgirl chapter 5 . 6/2/2016
I never thought of Ellie being more than a close friend of Kitty. The 2 of them being cousins puts a whole new slant on things. Of course she would be there for Thad & his sheltered bride. A difficult, nearly fatal pregnancy would only add to her resolve, but also make her want to avoid a confrontation with Thad. Now that you've revealed what's been happening with Matt, it's only natural Kitty would want to come home. However, conflicts still abound & this story could go in many possible directions. As always, your stories are a treat.
MaryRoseEllen chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Wow, this is really thought-provoking. In some ways, I can see Kitty deciding not to stay in Dodge when she gets back, but I guess it all depends on Matt and what his plans are...Kitty obviously thinks he is about to retire, but is he? And what then?
I love the phrase "sealed with blood and gunpowder"...it surely was! Can't wait for the next chapter(s)
GunShy1 chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Another great chapter. Matt was right, Thad doesn't think much of him and it's because he blames Matt for the bad things that have happened to Kitty and his failure to do the right thing and marry her. I guess Matt has also always blamed himself for the harm that has come to Kitty. I think Kitty is a little disappointed in Thad's value system. Certainly she doesn't see herself fitting into that lifestyle. Being a lady and a teatotaler just don't fit who Kitty is. She must surely feel sad that Thad has so hautily repudiated her entire life. I adored Kitty's comment that the commitment between Matt and her had been sealed with blood and gunpowder. That was so true.

In the best of worlds Kitty could have Matt and be Grandmother to Thad's baby. She should not have to choose and Thad should learn to accept her for the strong woman she is. I am hoping Matt has the opportunity to prove to Thad that he is the right man for Kitty and I hope that Thad has some life experiences that allow him to grow into a man that Kitty could fully respect and who would respect Kitty and the life she lhas lived. Matt surely does.
patrice123 chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Thad doesn't understand the bond Matt and Kitty have had for such a long time. Maybe when he has been married 20 some odd years maybe he'll understand. Maybe not. Matt and Kitty are special. Great job.
SuzyQ chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Great chapter.
LadyofDodge chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
I sure would never have guessed that Thad Ferrin is the person in CA who is so very important to Kitty-important enough for her to leave Matt for an entire 8 months. Especially since he appeared in only one episode, never to be seen again until now. Really makes me wonder what took place during all those intervening summer vacations and Christmas holidays that has kept them so close. Also, knowing Kitty, I'm sure she carries some (unfounded) guilt for first not trying to talk Ellie out of marrying Ferrin and then for later killing him.
DodgeCityAngel chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
So, Thad does not approve of Kitty's relationship status with Matt, and he has his own particular ideas of how she should be living and acting. He certainly put restraints and conditions on her during her visit and then asks her isn't she happy there. I can see why she left, perhaps hurriedly while he wasn't home. We already know Kitty has always been her own woman, and that she will decide how she wants to live, and with - or without - whom. This is a good, thought-provoking story, Rose.
ladybrit chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
So Thad grew up to be a bit of a snob! At least Kitty has an understanding of where he's coming from , but he, sadly doesn't understand her situation. She'll have a lot to sort out in her head before arriving back in Dodge. I bet once she sees Matt it will be easy to make a decision. Great story.
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »