Reviews for Journey Home
ladybrit chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
So Thad grew up to be a bit of a snob! At least Kitty has an understanding of where he's coming from , but he, sadly doesn't understand her situation. She'll have a lot to sort out in her head before arriving back in Dodge. I bet once she sees Matt it will be easy to make a decision. Great story.
LadyKRedzz chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Navada Rose...Love this angle
and love the conversation between Thad and Kitty...
I always wondered... what happened to Thad... they let that ball drop... could have done so much with that story line...glad you decided to run with this ... looking forward to reading more
soon please

"D" Ladykredzz
lostcowgirl chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Perhaps if Kitty had remained in New Orleans she'd have no problem choosing the life Thad offered. However, she'd lose the independence she'd worked so hard to gain over the years by running the LB. Still, you make us think there's a real choice in her mind to be made - her old life with Matt or a new one with Thad, the boy she raised and his family. Of course Matt retiring could alter that old life.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Now, she's on the move. Free of anyone's wishes or desires for her. Alone, savoring her cab sav or merlot, free of noise, gunfights, or pinches to her a$$.

Though on the move, it's almost as if she's suspended in time/space. She can shake off one extreme and the other- -both ends bearing the desires and opinions of a man. And whether these men love her or not-and she knows they both do, I don't think either one is primarily considering what SHE feels and wants; rather, it's more what THEY feel and want for what they feel is, 'her own good'. More than that, she's put them both ahead of herself for so many years now, that even she's probably lost sight of what SHE truly wants and needs.

At any rate, trains are the perfect incubator for thought.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow. . .
Ann Murry chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Yes, indeed! A commitment can happen lots of ways :) a marriage license is only a piece of paper!
broncomap chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
It seems that earlier in the story, Alice might have been worried about what to say when Thad returned, because he didn't know Kitty had decided to leave. Re Kitty's drinking - I'd thought about it now and then when I watched the show. You used it in an interesting way. Matt was correct that Thad didn't think much of him. Thad's disdain doesn't seem tempered by respect or gratitude (you said earlier that Matt taught him things), but perhaps we don't know that. We're told that Matt will not be a marshal much longer, with the implication that he and Kitty would marry, but Kitty is thinking about Thad's words. She hadn't liked being a "lady" much and took note of Thad's "firm middle-class values," but does she want a big change in her life? I look forward to being taken further into Kitty's thoughts.
Emmint chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Thad should have known she'd go back to Matt. The bond between Matt and Kitty is absolutely unbreakable they might have their disagreements from time to time the same as any couple but nothing serious enough to course a major rift.
gunsmokefan chapter 4 . 6/1/2016
Loved how Kitty explained how their commitment was sealed with blood and gunpowder. Like how Thad wants to take care of her now - but I hardly can see her settling for a rocking chair, grandmother status - without Matt. Looking forward to the next chapter. Especially since the comment soon to be marshal no longer.
GunShy1 chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Finally some answers, but as some questions are answered, new questions proliferate. I racked my brain trying to think of someone who Kitty cared for enough to leave Dodge. Why oh why did I not think of Thad Ferrin. This Matt that nearly begged Kitty to not go is a different Matt than we usually saw, but I I always thought that the Matt that came back at the end of The Disciple was different. I have wondered if Kitty had been present for season 20, if we would have seen more of that Matt. It is also interesting that you have the characters seemingly pretty close to their actual ages. Age was a funny thing on Gunsmoke. Time passed, but history was frozen. Certainly the big question came in your final sentence: "It was what had happened in California that she wanted to weigh and consider. That was what was going to help her figure out what she wanted to do with the rest of her life."

I am certainly wondering what sort of man Thad grew up to be. He surely had a lot of things in his life to overcome, but he did have a support network. It appears that he is successful or at least that he has money as Kitty was not allowed to spend anything and the house seemed very fine. I wonder if he is going to be upset that Kitty has returned to Dodge. I found it interesting that Matt always felt Thad acted as if Matt somehow didn't measure up. This makes me wonder if Thad thinks Matt has not done right by Kitty and that Kitty should leave him, that she could do better. Well I will tune in tomorrow both for answers to current questions and for new questions on which to ruminate.
MMB chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Surprised completely by Thad Ferrin and " curiouser and curiouser!"
SuzyQ chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Answered one question and raised several more. Hmmmm, what happened and with whom?! Waiting for more.
gsobsess chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
You are leaving us guessing at every turn! Loving this so far!
patrice123 chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Never thought about Thad. Now what actually happened in California? Can't wait to find out.
DodgeCityAngel chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Well, I did say I love to be surprised! But you sure have the wheels in my head spinning, Rose. I've been weighing Kitty and Matt's conversation before she left against her thoughts of "what had happened in California," but all I can do is wonder...what happened in California?
RBGirl chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Season 20 always scares but you have got me hooked. Am on pins and needles waiting for the next chapter. You are a gifted writer
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »