Reviews for Journey Home
BigMommaT chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Okay. Sounds as if time as the 'matriarch' of a different, but no less beloved, family group has our beautiful redhead in a limbo. Perhaps things as usual in Dodge no longer has the strongest pull, but maybe she needs to return there to make sure. Maybe Thad would be upset because he probably feels that Kitty should remain 'home' with his family and just forget Dodge. Kitty is feeling the swift passage of time-being called "ma'am"-and perhaps being 'grandma' will be the closest she can come to 'having' a baby, watching it grow and being an active part of his life. That train is almost symbolic of a balance beam scale, with Dodge on one end and Stockton on the other.

...Or not. I'm lovin' this, whatever it's about.
gunsmokefan chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
I'm now at the edge of my seat waiting to find out what happened in California that has Kitty trying to figure out what to do with the rest of her life. Please don't let me hang here for long. It was a fascinating chapter - bringing Thad into the story.
ladybrit chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Oh even better - I had forgotten about Thad Ferrin. So the baby is his kid. Now I need to worry about what Kitty has planned for the rest of her life. Intriguing.
Ann Murry chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Uh sounds like she might have met some one out there ;)
mommoo chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
WOW! What a surprise. And now for what happened in CA.
broncomap chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Several interesting things. Kitty talks about the baby being the closest thing to a grandchild she's likely to have. Again an indication that she is aware of her age and the passing of time. It seems the trip to California was arranged in a hurry, so there must have been more of a reason than simply being there for a pregnancy. It seems a bit odd that Matt wanted so desperately for her to change her mind and not go (8 months is a long time but it's not forever) unless he had some feeling she might not come back. Kitty mentions lonely nights so she must have missed Matt, yet how she feels about him right now seems a bit vague to me. Can't wait to find out what happened in California.
Emmint chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
I think Matt knew all along that Kitty would go to Thad and Alice despite everything. Kitty has always carried things through to the bitter end once she'd made her mind up;
lostcowgirl chapter 3 . 5/31/2016
Now why didn't I think of Thad Ferrin immediately. Of course she'd be there for his wife & son no matter what Matt thought. However, I'm not going to speculate on the competing emotional pulls on Kitty. I'll just read each chapter you post & revel in your depictions of them as your story unfolds.
patrice123 chapter 2 . 5/30/2016
Wherever you take me on this story I'll follow.
GunShy1 chapter 2 . 5/30/2016
The second chapter is even more intriguing than the first, fewer clues and more mysteries. The few clues given obfuscate more than elucidate the mysteries. We have a baby boy, a young woman named Alice, and a mysterious man who is coming home. The woman needs Kitty and will miss her and is worried about what to say when the man comes home. Kitty offers to take the blame and thinks the man will understand because he has known her for a long time. She is going to miss the fruit of the Central Valley among other THINGS. Iwonder if she ran into the Barkley's while she was in Stockton? I think she and Victoria would have gotten along fabulously, but I digress.

Kitty is definitely thinking about not having a wedding ring, but seemingly being too old to be addressed as miss. It seems to be a sore point. Perhaps she is married, but hiding her marital status by not wearing a band or perhaps she is a sad that the years have passed her by leaving her not a miss, but an old maid addressed as ma'am. The porter spoke to her about her destination and will probably remember her. She also made a definite impression on the young female attendant working in the Ladies Waiting Room. If some one comes a following, she will remember her. The final clue is that she is trying not to remember and anticipate. So enumerating the clues is not so difficult, but using them to do anything beyond fueling wild speculation seems beyond my poor mental capacity. I considered that the mystery man at the beginning was Matt and that for some reason Kitty was leaving without his knowledge, but that she was also inadvertently leaving breadcrumbs for him to follow. However, the line about rememberance and anticipation makes me thinking she is returning to Dodge and trying not to led anticipation gain control of her. And I can't really think of anything or anyone in Dodge, except maybe Doc, that she would have anticipation over except Matt. I also considered that she had some involvement with an old aquaintance in Stockton,but is now moving on. Well if I keep speculating, you would think I might get something right, but I suspect that has not yet happened. I should probably follow SingerMe's lead and just agree that having read the first two chapters, I am certain that this is going to be a darn good tale. You have a wonderful way with words that really bring your stories and characters to life. I am looking forward to tomorrow's chapter when I hope we get some answers although I won't be surprised if we still have more questions than answers.
RBHDPSMMK4EVER chapter 2 . 5/30/2016
I hope she is going home to Dodge. Interesting idea that she was in California if I am interpreting things right. Too bad they didn't think to really bring her back in season 20 the ratings would have gone crazy.
RBHDPSMMK4EVER chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
Okay you hooked me in three short paragraphs.
SuzyQ chapter 2 . 5/30/2016
Now I'm just downright intrigued! Can't wait for the next installment.
SuzyQ chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
You certainly have captured my attention. Not going to speculate just yet...gonna just join the ride.
guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
The he's known me for a long time line intrigues me and worries me. What if it's Matt's child but not hers? Still doesn't say Dodge is her destination.
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »