Reviews for Journey Home
Emmint chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
What a nerve how'd rhey think Matt would react to such a proposal. They obviously got hold of the wtong end of the stick.
BigMommaT chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
What a sweet, sweet (slightly sad. . .) touching, lovely chapter. How DARE those idiots say such a thing, ABOUT Kitty, TO Matt! Bravo for him; and I love that he and Festus then proceeded to head for the sleaziest saloon. What a fine exclamation point to the GO TO HELL!

After all M&K both did to uplift Kansas and sacrificed personally, to be treated and/or thought of in such a way is plum disgusting. I wouldn't want to remain in Kansas either. Just hope they take Doc with them when and wherever they go.

I love Kitty's consideration that Matt had no one else to massage his cramps for him. I notice the idea of him allowing anyone else (i.e. another woman) never once crossed her mind. Without a doubt, she knew that wouldn't happen any more than a man would've been invited to her room in Pueblo (something everybody, except that jerk, Solomon knew).

I like how the last two sentences could have been asked/answered by either of them.

I'm happy that this wasn't the last chapter. Looking forward!
RBGirl chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
I will never try to second-guess where you're going this was excellent I love the way you have them together after a year
ladybrit chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
Sweet chapter - i am so glad that Mat decided to turn down the job of governor. He wouldn't have enjoyed it and looks like he wouldn't have had Kitty. Great story.
gunsmokefan chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
The last two sentences are the best ever. Can't wait for more.
Ladykredzz NJ chapter 13 . 6/11/2016
Enjoying this I hate the way people alway looked down on Kitty ,
MaryRoseEllen chapter 12 . 6/11/2016
This is such a lovely chapter. We have a typical Kitty reaction to Matt's absence at first, then some home truths from Hannah, the return to a somewhat changed Dodge, which I see as a kind of parallel for the changes in Kitty herself. And finally, the reunion we were all waiting for... I totally agree that this would have been a perfect scene in a Season 20 episode, and the way you write makes it so real that we can absolutely picture it. Now for decisions about our favourite couple's future...or will you throw a few more obstacles in their way, I wonder?
LeighAB14 chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Love it!
GunShy1 chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
You do put together a fine story. Hard to believe they sent a bailiff to enforce Matt's...and Festus' subpoena. I loved how they handled that and indirectly sent the judge a much needed message. This was a strange chapter because of the juxtaposition of great sadness and great happiness; and the end of one era and the possible beginning of another. I know it's silly, but I dearly loved Buck and the thought of him breaking his leg and Matt having to put him down was heart wrenching for me. I just loved watching Matt ride Buck across the plains and Buck's dark forelock gave him such an expressive countenance. I always knew that if Matt was riding a different horse, it was likely to have a bad end and now Buck has met a bad end. Hannah, speaking to Kitty of watching Matt's soul "bleed out from inside him" and letting her know that Matt doubted she would return certainly ratcheted up the angst. There were also so many indications of changing times including changes at the Dodge House, Newley's new look, the loss of Buck, a badge passed on, Doc's assistant, a new judge, and an ineffective bailiff with no gun. These changes made it clear that things are different now. One piece that I haven't quite figured is Matt's much improved arm. And then, as I am wrestling with sadness and change, we get a beautiful reunion. Matt is so happy to have Kitty back that he seems unwilling to lose contact with her. Then, after escorting her back to her room, he is so unsure of his place in her life that he waits for an invitation before entering. But perhaps the most beautiful moment is Matt noticing Kitty's dress, but not that she has lost weight. It would be easy to see this as him failing to pay attention, but what has really happened is that he loves her so much that he will always see her as perfect. I hope that they find their way in this new future they find themselves.
LadyofDodge chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
I love Matt's hesitation and lack of presumption at entering her room. So like him!

Also, I can't help but notice that he can't seem to keep his hands off her. It's as if when he took off the badge, his inhibitions came off, too.

And, yes, that last little scene would have satisfied viewers everywhere: Matt and Kitty in each other's arms. God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
ladybrit chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Its been a long journey - but Kitty and Matt finally got together again. Sad news about Buck. I just hope that things are going to work out for them but I am a little worried.
DodgeCityAngel chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Thank goodness Hannah was there to greet Kitty and make her understand why Matt was not there to meet her. I fear she really would have gotten back on the train! It sounded like Matt had a pretty hard time of it while she was gone. Poor Buck and poor Matt! That part made me so sad, and Kitty's reaction to it, as well.

I had a big grin on my face at the image of Kitty bouncing on the bed to make sure it was sturdy! I also noticed how Matt kept tucking her hand into the crook of his arm, as if to make sure she would not go away. I know that is going to be one sweet night for the two of them.
broncomap chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
So much to this chapter. Hannah talking to Kitty about Matt and the year he's had. She is a fresh set of eyes looking at their relationship. Matt having to put Buck down, a symbol of all the changes in his life and in life in general. We knew that Kitty liked being thinner than she'd been in years but had anticipated the reaction from Doc and others. It is sweet that Matt didn't notice. All he knows is that she's beautiful and sexy. We know that whatever her weight (or age for that matter) he will always see her that way. The mention of Matt's right hand having a strong grip is an interesting note made in passing. Lot's of small details. Going back to Kitty's weight I hate to think about what would be in Doc's tonic that would plump her out.

Now, hopefully, on to a serious Matt & Kitty conversation about the future.
patrice123 chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Yea! They are back together again. Can"t. Wait to find out what their plan is. Hope it's a happy one. Great job.
GSOBSESS chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Hannah offered words of wisdom and gave Kitty a bit of food for thought. Love the reunions, now waiting (Voyeuristically) for the REAL reunion!
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »