Reviews for Journey Home
GSOBSESS chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Hannah offered words of wisdom and gave Kitty a bit of food for thought. Love the reunions, now waiting (Voyeuristically) for the REAL reunion!
gunsmokefan chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Beautiful ending to this chapter. Looking forward to seeing what plans Kitty and Matt make.
BigMommaT chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Right now, in the background, Emmylou Harris is singing, 'Together Again' on my playlist!:

Together again
My tears have stopped falling
The long, lonely nights/Are now at an end.
The grey skies are gone/You're back in my arms
Right where you belong.
The key to my heart/You hold in your hand
And nothing else matters/'Cause we're
Together again
The love that we knew/Is living again
And Nothing Else Matters/'Cause We're
Together Again. . .

Talk about perfect timing! (Sorry, I just had to share those spot-on lyrics. I certainly hope the next song's lyrics won't manifest in this story: 'Making Believe').

I truly love the way you've written the lawmen in this story. Was funny that Newly was afraid to meet Kitty's train. Guess he knew his redheaded friend well! Surprised M&K didn't jump each other's bones a lot sooner after being apart for so long. Poor Buck! Of course Kitty would be upset for all three of them; she loved the horse and understood the bond Matt had to him. Leaving the badge, having Kitty away (and in essence losing his 'home', as well as his longtime lodgings) then losing Buck must've left the big man feeling stripped to the bone!

This chapter made me realize that the journey home didn't end at the depot, or even in one another's arms. M&K both have a ways to go before they're finally home. . .

Can't wait to see where next you take us.
Emmint chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
That Judge Stark what an idiot to think that Matt wouldn't obey a subpoena Judge Brooker would've told him that Matt is as honest as the day is long. Good for the girls at the Lady Gay the idiot Stark sent deserved it,
lostcowgirl chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
I'm glad you turned the tables on Kitty by having Hannah remind her that it wasn't always Matt who left town & that when she did, he pined for her. Even so, it's good to see Matt courting his love of 20 years. Of course, those 20 years did provide a head start, making her Dodge House room the perfect place for them to wind up for the high point of their reunion.
SingerMe chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Sweet sweet chapter.
RBGirl chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
Your writing is beautiful as ever the reunion was just fantastic I'm curious is Solomon the policeman
NevadaRose chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
I don't usually comment on my own work, but I wanted to tell you all that I've been visualizing that last scene as part of a filmed TV episode for years. I think if TPTB had just included that one scene in a final season 20 episode (of almost any kind) that it would have brought cheering in every living room in America, and let women everywhere turn to their significant others and say, "I told you so!".
Nevada Rose
MaryRoseEllen chapter 11 . 6/9/2016
Loved how Kitty was portrayed in this chapter, and also how you bring in references to episodes such as the one with Hope Farmer. Was so looking forward to the reunion with Matt...now where is he...is he with Doc? Yet another cliffhanger...
GunShy1 chapter 11 . 6/9/2016
I quite enjoyed this chapter from start to finish. The image of Kitty humming and tripping lightly down the stairs was delightful. You could just imagine her excitement as she looked forward to arriving in Dodge. Also great interaction between her and the sheriff as he convinced her to back him if he needed to file assault charges against Solomon. Very much in character that she did it to protect his potential future victims. I was very amused that the final nail in his coffin was him having told the Sheriff she couldn't play poker. That was a laugh out loud moment. I thought it very appropriate that he had to spend the night in jail with not just one, but three drunks. I am a little worried that despicable liar may cause her and even Matt additional problems. Kitty was mighty impressed with the food she had while waiting for her late train. She has now showed interest in Dora's hotel and now this restaurant. I can't help, but think she might be thinking of these as potential new businesses she might start. You certainly left us very anxious with the chapter ending. Where the heck is Matt. He better have an awfully good reason for not being there. Kitty was so excited to see him. What a letdown. At least Hannah was there to reassure her he wasn't hurt or worse. Of course he might wish he was if he doesn't have an excuse she judges as valid. She might just get on the next train out of Dodge. Doc also appears to be missing.
SuzyQ chapter 11 . 6/8/2016
I can understand Kitty not wanting to ride a stagecoach...hot dang, this story is the bomb diggity! Can't wait for tomorrow.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/8/2016
Whaaaaat! Matts not there? Great chapter.
LadyofDodge chapter 9 . 6/8/2016
Oops, that was me with the comment about Solomon maligning Kitty's card playing skills. I was signed in earlier today. Thought I still was.
LoD
Guest chapter 11 . 6/8/2016
Love that Kitty was reluctant to prefer charges against Solomon until Pick mentioned that he had maligned her card-playing skills. She changed her tune mighty fast!
Guest chapter 11 . 6/8/2016
Oh no! All this way and HE'S NOT THERE!
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »