Reviews for DUNE REVENANT: a seventh Dune novel
cal chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
all i can say is WHOA! this is one of the most complex stories i've seen here. frankly i need to read the entire dune series again because some of the concepts that you have written about i don't remember from the books. during jr hs, which is more than 10 years for me. thanks for writing. :)
About Dune chapter 1 . 9/10/2003
Dune is often said to be the sci fi version of fantasy Lord of the Rings. Both are masterworks, written by great writers, and have excellent main & minor characters.

Main difference: LOTR: 22 388 fics. Dune: 40. !

Even tiny LOTR characters like Grima or Ioreth (!) have their own fanfics, sometimes their own fanclub! Strangely, none cares to write about Dr Yueh, Piter de Vries or Hwi Noree. Why? Could it be because a Mary Sue would look kinda dumb in Dune universe (imagine the Sue flirting with a Guild agent because she can’t afford a space travel, or lost in the desert with Paul and Jessica… urgh)? Think about it! We need Dune fics! Fellow Dune lovers, do something!

pinapple-chi-chi chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
Wow, this is quite complex and well done. I've only read the first bit, about 3/4 of chapter 1. It would be easier to swallow if you'd divide it up and post it in chapters.

Having Duncan as the speaker gives interesting insight, though the time frame confuses me a little (I've only read one of the books). I would look over his thoughts in italics, though. Some of them sound "written", as opposed to "thought" (which, of course, they are). "Legend says recorded by the Tyrant God Guldur himself. Guldur must have cherished the design himself, the sweeping bow of the thousand meter outer wall leading to the "knife", a thousand-meter spire rising above.", for example. "says recorded", and the repeated "himself", but mostly the complexity and descriptive poetry ("sweeping bow") don't sound like a genuine thought process. Overall, it's exellent so far, and I'll try to come back and read more.

Keep writing,