Reviews for Chuck VS The Unknown
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 20 . 8/18/2017
I like how you bookended this story with the two beaches. "Grace" is a lovely name for their first child! And great idea, making the finale of this story be Morgan and Alex's wedding. This story suffers a bit from punctuation errors, redundant adverbs, and a lot of tell, but the images you evoked, the gentle humor, and the wonderful series of conversations made this a really enjoyable read. Thanks! I'm looking forward to what all these additional chapters have in them. :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 6 . 8/17/2017
I'm glad they're talking through this and you're taking us through the details with them. Nice job pressing Chuck on whether he trusts Sarah with the people he loves, particularly their unborn child. And nice job processing Sarah's experiences. I like how Chuck finally connected the Sarah-was-the-ninja dots. :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 5 . 8/17/2017
Wow, you resolved the central tension faster than I expected! Now I'm curious...where are you taking this next? :) I read the chapter twice and I'm a big Hamilton fan. The only allusion I can imagine is the husband discovering the wife is pregnant long after she knows she is, but that's a weak allusion at best... so what was the reference?
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 4 . 8/17/2017
Haha, I love the idea of Sarah being terrified of Ellie at first, that's so perfect. This is wonderful, getting a chance for Sarah and Ellie to connect like this. And that conversation between Beckman and Chuck was its own kind of wonderful. Wow, this story is so satisfying, and in a completely unexpected way: all the opportunities for characters to connect, especially ones who didn't say these things to each other in canon. I also like how plausible the pacing and plotting of this story are. Well done! Thoroughly enjoying this.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 3 . 8/17/2017
You have a fine touch with so many little details, like Chuck's back cracking when he stands up. Chuck giving Morgan 100K and then teasing that Morgan has to pay for dinner: that made me smile. You're so gentle with these characters, and you're providing a kind of sweet ache in the way you portray Chuck and Sarah being apart. So many nice moments and interactions with the wider circle of characters!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 2 . 8/17/2017
I really like the Chuck/Mary interactions—their tension feels real, and it's something the show never addressed—and nice development with Sarah's pregnancy and the uncertainty of the father. Great job keeping the pacing up!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 8/17/2017
A great start, and I loved the text messages! What a wonderful way of exposing Sarah to her past with Chuck, without actually letting them have a real conversation about it. The conversations and emojis made me smile. :)
jbear1974 chapter 20 . 7/7/2017
Awesome story. Could not stop until I finished the 20 chapters. Per your note on chapter 20, hope you can continue the story.
Chuckster2016 chapter 7 . 4/11/2017
love how you kept Casey character, teasingly supportive about them.
michaelfmx chapter 20 . 9/16/2016
Sorry that my review is so late. But I wanted to thank you for such a heartwarming story. This story started off with some angst, with both chuck and Sarah not really knowing where they stood and how to proceed. I loved your use of the therapy sessions. I think it was a great tool to show their progress. You had some great funny scenes and any story that ends with little Bartowskis running around it alright for me. Thank you for taking the time to tell this story.
guest chapter 20 . 9/6/2016
Thank you for finishing this beautiful story I'm so glad to hear that it won't be the end for this AU!
Deathzbreath chapter 20 . 9/7/2016
Awesome finish to a wonderful story. Thank you for writing!
sevenrez chapter 20 . 9/6/2016
Thank you for sharing! Im happy and sad to see it end. I really enjoyed reading their emotional journey through the memory loss and the pregnancy. Thank you!
tasteywheat chapter 20 . 9/5/2016
So glad you're going to write more, all your stuff is great, and I can't wait to read whatever else you've got coming next. Keep up the great work.
Sir Chucky chapter 20 . 9/5/2016
I'm going to miss this story. it was a fun journey. thanks for letting me tag along