Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of the Gamer
Dorkchic chapter 8 . 8/1
This has such an interesting premise. Love that Harry is away from the Dursleys and that he is actually receiving support and training. Curious to see where this goes and what Harry's plan was. Really hope this story continues!
TheUnknowableOne chapter 8 . 7/25
Great story, would love to see where it goes. Please come back Author-nim.
You do a lot of telling, as opposed to showing. gamer fics tend to do this a lot, but interestingly enough the gamer side of your writing has less of an issue with this than the drama side. many writers have the HP world as a game that the player(harry) plays through. I think you have done well in making this not feel like that. This feels more like harry has gamer powers in a world that is not a game. part of that, I think, is in not exploring the reputation system. reputation, especially between individuals, is qualitative data (meaning it is more than just a number). What you did with showing what Dumbledore and mad eye went through was good, even if I thought there was too much tell, because it shows they have personality rather then just variables with numbers attached. note when they were talking about how leaking this to the press would increase tension b/w muggles and wizards you can't put a number to to how much. I someone asked "how much more tension?" you could say a little or a lot, but saying "6 more tension added" is nonsensical. So my advice is keep exploring non harry viewpoints, and if my show/tell comments didn't make sense or you couldn't see where I'm talking about, ignore it the other stuff is more important. gg wp
Why is his luck stat still hidden?
Thean Bitter Crowe chapter 1 . 7/14
Fear is a emotion, why can’t he feel that? I mean natural one if not the most natural one emotion.
TheOneYouDontSee1 chapter 8 . 7/14
Can't wait for the next chapter
Fanboy2000 chapter 8 . 7/12
wow Aunty Dorea is intense!
Blueowl chapter 8 . 7/11
Refreshingly different fic.
Glad Harry has a family now and is learning magic. Looking forward to more.
ZiggySmallz chapter 8 . 7/10
Such a wonderful story, i h hope its not dead.
Adran06 chapter 6 . 7/2
I knew Yennefer had to be a reference, so I googled it. I see the crossovers keep coming XD
stylo1 chapter 1 . 7/2
it is to long, almost half of it is irrelevant. meaning the story is only about 50k. it had potential but there are quite a few flaws, thing like lv1, next lv 37%/100% yea no shit its not like you need 150% to the next lv its just redundent.
maybe ill come back to it if you ever finish it
stylo1 chapter 1 . 7/2
quite the summary you wrote, i agree with a lot but the part of the dursleys being the lesser evil is absolute bs. harry is the boy of destiny he should have been with a wizard family somewhere in the states or with the flames learning everything he could. just tell the world he is with his aunt and uncle. besides if the purebloods cant stop the boy who lived being placed with muggles what chance do they have to take harry away from another family.
but like i said this is moot point cause no one would know where he is, outside the wizard world learning all he can, he would be done with the theory before he even came to hogwarts
What was the point of the Malfoy section of this chapter
Adran06 chapter 1 . 6/30
Ian Malcolm. Still schooling people on why NOT to bring Dinosaurs back to life.
Brandon Cook chapter 8 . 6/28