Reviews for I'm Emrys, Not Merlin
Guest chapter 3 . 10/5/2016
This is not so much a story as playing with crude cardboard cut-outs... not one character acts even remotely as an actual human being. And they all talk like a 12-year-old's school composition.
93 Diagon Alley chapter 5 . 9/22/2016
Great resolution :) The only thing I wish you had included was a mention of Hunith. Was Merlin planning on never telling her where he was, or even just seeing her again?
Quill chapter 5 . 9/16/2016
Amazing. Well written. Occasional spelling mistakes, but you're good.

Can there be a sequel? Can you have Arthur apologize and Merlin forgive him? Please?

C:
Meri Ley chapter 5 . 6/15/2016
This is getting so interesting and you still keep me guessing what is the future of Merlin & Morgana here. Is Acelin one of the most important figure in the union of the kingdoms of Albion? Or is there still Albion? So eager to know what happens next and hoping more epic magic in the future. Thanks a lot for the update.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/14/2016
Oh my that was such a lovely ending to this story! I particularly loved the scene where Merlin and Arthur finally talked after his imprisonment. They weren't overly dramatic but I still definitely felt the underlying tensions between them caused by the whole situation.

Cheers on your story and I'm looking forward to your next fic!
mersan123 chapter 5 . 6/14/2016
Excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the sequel and thrilled that both Merlin and Morgana are free from Arthur and Camelot.
May they have a beautiful future together.
lycan21 chapter 5 . 6/14/2016
great story!
Meri Ley chapter 4 . 6/12/2016
As they say, things will get worst before it gets better. Merlin needs full healing I think. Or else there'll be destruction instead of construction. He reacted violently (and on instinct) with tjust the thought of Arthur coming to him. I pity Merlin. He really is so broken. Well who won't be. Physical torture can be easily healed with proper medication but a broken soul is excruciatingly slow to heal. I think time for Arthur to contemplate on "who he really is". Thanks for the update.
Linorien chapter 4 . 6/12/2016
Once again an excellent song choice for this chapter.
Plasmadom chapter 4 . 6/12/2016
More please...
mersan123 chapter 4 . 6/12/2016
Just how could Arthur not know what happened to Merlin as a result of his actions and lack of care? Can he really think that Merlin would just be the same carefree and forgiving person? Fool. Someone needs to take him aside and tell him the torture his best friend suffered because of him.
No-one could blame Merlin/Emrys for his reaction. I am surprised he has lasted this long. Just goes to show how strong the young man is. Even so, if it was not for the support of his new family he would not have made it this far.
Yes, Emrys needs to get away and sooner rather than later.
Brilliant chapter. Thanks.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/11/2016
I think it's not a wasted trip after all. Arthur and Gwen could have had a glimpse of the changes in merlin & Morgana. gwen has an open mind than Arthur though I'd like to slap her myself when she asked why Emrys trusts Morgana than them. WTF is she thinking, after the stupidity and utter lack reason Arthur's act show. I don't buy that " he had been taught and exposed to the evils of magic thing". It's his blind worship of Uther and his being so full of himself that his judgement is always clouded. So glad of your story. I think Albion won't be a reality unless Emrys (Merlin) will be of equal footing with Arthur, the ever oblivious. i admire your Acelin. he's the very right model and king for Emrys to start with. Thanks a lot for the update.
Sageofchaos chapter 3 . 6/9/2016
hope to read more.
Addison chapter 3 . 6/9/2016
I really liked Gwen admitting her wrong doings and asking Merlin for forgiveness, but it was like a slap in the face that she went on to imply that he’s wrong not to give his loyalty and friendship to Camelot, even after all the traumatizing facts she herself pointed out. At least, that’s how I took it when she asked why he trusted Morgana more than them.

I think Ireadal’s leaders were wrong to ‘force’ Merlin into taking this trip, but I understand their motivation and I like that they’re trying to remain neutral on Arthur’s past actions for the negotiation. It’s clear Merlin is very dear to them, just as it’s clear they want peace between the kingdoms.

Buuuuuuuuut… I agree with Merlin that this is a wasted trip.

Arthur telling the people he invited into his kingdom that THEY have to CONVINCE HIM they shouldn’t be oppressed makes me think ‘lite tyranny is still tyranny’

I still see nothing that makes me believe Arthur is a fair and just king who deserves the power he’s been given. He shows no remorse for his actions, and arrogantly believes he can do no wrong and that it’s perfectly alright to intentionally send his subjects to be tortured and killed.

My petty side still wants Arthur overthrown and tossed in a pit. Unfortunately, Merlin and Morgana appear to be much better people than I am. *Glares at them for not being scary villains who take revenge on all who wrong them* ;)
mersan123 chapter 3 . 6/9/2016
Yep, when it comes to changing Arthurs mind about magic, then it was a wasted trip.
I still cannot believe that Arthur still seems fine with the fact that he handed Merlin to Sarrum to be tortured. How can Merlin even be in the same Kingdom let alone room as him?
Thanks, enjoyed the chapter (love Merlin and Morgana together - very sweet).