Reviews for An Abnormal Godfather
PhoenixAureum chapter 21 . 7/12/2019
Is there a connection of Dementors/Lemuria to the "pacifical Atlantis" Lemuria/Mu?
SilhouetteInWords chapter 14 . 6/11/2019
Hey, so I know I’m in no position to talk, but I’m just rereading this again and thought I’d ask how the next instalment is coming. I know you’re probably really busy and everything... but yeah, just thought I’d let you know I’m thinking of you.
Isis78-13 chapter 33 . 5/29/2019
Love this series!
Prabhleen Arora chapter 33 . 5/28/2019
Amazing Series
I read the whole 4 stories on one go
Loved it
Can't Wait for more
Needlepaws chapter 9 . 5/26/2019
why is draco such a Mood
Guest chapter 29 . 4/1/2019
I never notice easter eggs or hints... I actually got this one though!
Lila Dunmare chapter 33 . 3/28/2019
Great 3rd year ! I love your series still and I am going to read the sequel. Thank you so much for writing all this ! It is very, very good !
mikewj93 chapter 13 . 3/13/2019
see harry, this is why you don't spread secrets. you never know who might overhear.
Anla'shok chapter 33 . 3/2/2019
I've just read the 4 parts in two days, so I figure you deserve at least a review before I hit the 5th.
I've read a whole lot of re-do Hogwarts fics and this one had something I rarely see: both a smart Harry that is actually smart, not a genius, not outstandingly powerful, just regular smart/manipulative Harry in a way that's doesn't stretch disbelief. His relationship to the Dursleys feels actually believable and is really relatable, unlike many portrayals of abuse and trauma in fanon.

Even more than that, I love how you handled the culture clash between Muggles and traditional wizarding culture. You keep the purebloods bigoted and most of the canon cruelty, but you show how it's more complex than that and I love the work around crafting a rich wizarding culture with it's good and bad sides. I love how Harry was starting to slip by announcing people by their blood status and got told off for it, and how Hermione doesn't lose her moral compass but learns instead how to fight for justice in a productive and respectful way. This is undoubtedly one of the better fics I read in handling that nuance.
I also love how you don't have to make anybody stupid or too out of character to make the story work. I love Lockhart being Harry's fame coach, I love how we're teased a saner version of still-evil Voldemort. Harry's relationship with Snape is great and I love how it doesn't come at the expense of Sirus having his place in the story. As a whole, I love the balancing act of how Harry can be friends with both Hermione and Neville but also Pansy and Draco without the characters losing what makes them different.

Now the only thing I'm missing is a fic that shows the wizarding world as progressive in terms of gender dynamics and sexual mores (after all, education for all since Hogwarts was founded, wands for all -and undoubtedly contraception- and magic making household tasks quick, tick all the boxes that have led to modern gender dynamics IRL, so there's no reason for Jane Austen -like gender dynamics) and where disdain of muggles and muggleborns is also linked to the fact that witches especially feel they're savages.

Great writing. I'll be soon heading off to part 5.
Goodpie2 chapter 24 . 2/28/2019
I gotta say, as somebody with Asperger’s, you really did an *excellent* job of capturing the confusion and frustration it causes when people act *wrong.* I don’t know if I could ever learn to distinguish between bows the way Greg does in this chapter, as body language in general is often very difficult, but it’s also not something I’ve ever made a deliberate study of. However, his *reaction?* The frustration at her inability to act right, and the way he just *couldn’t* let it go after it finally irritated him enough that he broke decorum to comment on it? That was perfect, and for some reason, it’s deeply satisfying to see such an accurate portrayal. Thank you for that.

Posted while logged out.
falsepermanence chapter 29 . 2/25/2019
ugh lupin makes me want to fight him
KrazyKittyKat3 chapter 29 . 2/10/2019
how come only in this chapter that I realize that Lockhart is asking Harry for help? I can't find the previous letters from him Aufh! He doesn't even noticethis is so great
trekkifulron chapter 33 . 2/1/2019
This series is fun and well written.
Reading In Moonlight chapter 29 . 1/30/2019
I'm so disappointed Harry didn't realize that the underlined words in Lockharts letter spoke of him being in trouble againmaybe once more because of Voldemort ! I immediately understood what was happening when I came accross the underlined "help", as Lockharts strange bevahiour linked to such a strange emphasis seemed very suspicious to me. I hope Harry will discover it soo enough, before it is too late !
Seprith Li Castia chapter 16 . 1/24/2019
For the reveal... I had not really considered Merlin. Interesting touch.

Lucius Malfoy was of particular interest to me, however. I had wondered why, in book three, you had made no mention of the Muggle Protection Act - that is what motivated Lucius to use the diary, try to ruin Arthur's reputation, and attempt to remove Dumbledore. Here, since Harry did not know of it or you simply wrote it out, Lucius' lie here seems eminently more reasonable.

Still really enjoying this series, by the way. I especially enjoy your continued focus on the pagan/occult/mysticism aspect of the Wizarding World. I read a story called "Out in the Night," by Raining Ink long ago and, prior to this story, had never found another work to use the concept well.

I like how it reflects on your Harry. While first only interested in it as way to appear normal, his continued interest in it shows a personal fondness and it from his adherence to these "Old Ways" that much of his independence stems. He is not there, not yet, but it is clear where the steps he has to take are... Even if I cannot predict where they lead.
1,102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »