Reviews for A Raindance Narrative
PsychoticGirl chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I like the way its written with 'you' as the narrative, really captures the essence of Faye's emotions and actions. :) My fav part is the bit of 'borrowed time' analogy!
Alexithimia chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Nah, not weird, I think it was pretty good
SammehIsTehSecks chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
It's not weird, It's just..so much going back and forth the reader has to stop and think..Is this Faye that is thinking this? But it's nice.
molly00300 chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
Very interesting. Faye's such a great character, so complex. This was a very nice take on her feelings about Spike.
SquallsGurlyGurl chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
This was really good. I really lyked it, I thought it was a nice explanation of Faye.
Black-Moon-Goddess chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
I liked it. I'll favourite this and go read it's sister/brother fic. (I think since it's about Spike, it'd be brother ...)
the girl like faye chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Jesus christ. Well done.

My eyes are wide and I'm shaking a little bit; I guess because of the parallel drawn in my own life. But hey... coming from a girl who plays the game the same way she does, that couldn't have gotten much better, for being only short, one shot insight.
ladymer chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
I love this story and its wording. :)

I like how you dig in the Faye's mind, and someways, make it seem that she's thinking, but then again, she isn't. Or maybe she's talking to her ownself mentally, scolding, contemplating, remembering. _

You certainly have talent girl!
Agent Orange chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
I really enjoy the second person narrative. It's not really used much and it's hard to pull off without sounding like a total tool but you did an excellent job with it. Good insight and a plausibile take on the inner workings of Faye. I always thought she was a little nutty, so I think your somewhat left of center writing style in this piece fits the character and the situation. Good job.
Croatoan chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
You should really give yourself more credit. Introspective first person narratives can be among the hardest to write believably. And keeping the character in question IN-character can be even more difficult, since so frequently the way a person sees him or herself is entirely different from the way that others see them.

You did an excellent job here of showing us Faye's softer side (and we all know she has one, much as she's loathe to show it openly), and I'd love to see a companion piece done from Spike's perspective (not that Ed and Jet wouldn't be interesting as well; but Ed has been done before, and of the entire group Jet's past is the most well-known, and hence his psyche the most easily understood).

Anyway, for a first-time stream-of-consciousness fic, this one scores full marks in my book. And for overall treatment of characters, readability, grammar, and entertainment value, I give it five out of five stars. Hope you write more soon!