Reviews for Thin Pages
MegMarch1880 chapter 10 . 8/1
I'm really enjoying this! Can't wait to find out what happens next!
TimesARiver chapter 10 . 7/4
Loving it! Also, I'm on pins and needles hoping they get to book 5 before Sirius...dies...Gulp. Keep up the great work!
The Emerald Doe chapter 7 . 6/28
In this chapter, I like your portrayal of Luna and her explanation of Dumbledore's words.
The Emerald Doe chapter 3 . 6/28
Definitely like having Draco's perspective in this chapter. Including everyone's reactions in class was very realistic.
The Emerald Doe chapter 2 . 6/28
Wow! I just stumbled across your story and have really enjoyed reading it so far! I like the main setup of reading the books, and especially like you how have a chapter focused on Slytherin reactions.
Kitty279 chapter 10 . 6/27
That jinxing war feels a bit out of place, and leaves me wondering what people will do later on in the series when they react so strongly to a not-happened duel already. But for once I have to agree with Dumbledore, at least it was good practice, particularly seeing that the Pink Toad doesn't allow them to do any wandwork at all.

Lavender is really working hard on discrediting Hermione. While I can't disagree with some things in that regard, I wondered if she does already fancy Ron and that is colouring her look at Hermione?

I guess it is impossible to say what you'd do in such an emergency situation like the trio had with the troll; in theory, you can say you'd do this or that, but you never know for sure before you are in that situation yourself.
Kitty279 chapter 9 . 6/27
Just for the record, I don not think Minerva was impulsive when she gave the Marauders the books. If anyone deserves to know, it's them. And at least they can kick Dumbledore's butt. Which they seem determined to do, too. Good. The old man needs to understand which matters are pressing and which not.

Pansy sent a letter to curse the Dursleys? Pansy of all people? And with such help? Now I am really speechless. Oh well, nothing the zoo doesn't deserve. I hope it taught them a lesson.

*snicker* At least Sirius had something to cheer him up, learning that Harry became Seeker in his first year already. Good.

Agreed about Hermione. She was really annoying in the beginning; if she hadn't improved a bit, she'd be unbearable during the series. Though she still annoyed me quite a bit in OotP.
Kitty279 chapter 8 . 6/27
That was one of the best things the twins ever did, setting Ron straight about competing with his brothers. He really needs some self-confidence.

Nice idea to have Flamel teach Harry Occlumency. That should work *so much* better than what Snape does (IMO it was more mind-rape than anything).

Now that has to be the first time in his life that Dumbledore asks others for their opinion and even seriously takes them into account! (Can you tell that I dislike him?)

Stopping the students and others from talking about the things they learn would be waaaay more useful than what Hermione did with the DA member list, yes. Jinxing the one who blabs doesn't prevent the secret from getting out in the first place, after all, right?

Sooo agree with McGonagall and the other teachers here. Snape was way out of line and should have been fired after a few months at the job at the latest, and the way Dumbledore gives him free rein to show off how much of a petty, vindictive bully he is to children in his care makes me always angry and nauseous. The old coot should be called on the carpet for abeting child abuse - in more than one sense.

Ha, so McGonagall is going to give Sirius and Remus the books? Great! Maybe the Marauders can think of something to solve the problem for good!
Kitty279 chapter 7 . 6/27
Probably wise of Ginny to check if Michael's still alive *grin* And of course they had to walk back and see how others reacted to Harry's sorting.

You know, I'm just thinking the reading in these small groups works well, you can switch around between people commenting, but at the same time, you don't have to deal with the whole school at once.

Luna's right about the third floor corridor warning, that was - in this environment - more like an open invitation to the whole school. As for the Nitwit etc. speech, by that explanation Malfoy should be a Gryffindor. All blubber and no substance, he always acts superior and then runs off to Daddy.
Kitty279 chapter 6 . 6/27
Wonderful icebreaker, maybe, and at the same time an equally wonderful way to break the Statute of Secrecy, talking about Muggles in the middle of a busy Muggle train station.

It's funny how Pansy is practically defending Harry. No doubt certain boys won't like that. All in all, interesting discussion.

Never gave much about that 'sacred 28' list, partly because it's not in the books themselves, and partly, precisely because a Nott wrote it. Who can guarantee that he did't leave out any blood traitors even if they fit the criteries? They are biased enough to do it.
Kitty279 chapter 5 . 6/27
Ok, as I reviewed the last two chapters earlier and you can only review once, I had to skip these, so this is for three chapters in a row.

Umbitch is so disgusting, having to point out how helpless Harry was about that abuse and enjoying it. Now I want her to suffer, BADLY, and enjoying being helpless to do anything about it!

Ah yes, walking food disposal Ron would be the one to get all upset about no meals. Though I enjoyed it that he went to yell at Dumbledore publicly, as the old coot deserves it. Big time.
Bah, Malfoy of all people is the last to complain about someone getting away with something, seeing how Snape lets him get away with absolutely everything and even punishes Malfoy's victims.

Grrr. That chapter reminds me once again why I dislike Dumbledore so much. It's ridiculous to claim he can decide over Harry's life like he was his guardian and at the same time do nothing to make his life bearable save manipulating him into being his sacrificial lamb. I hope someone is going to hex him good, at the latest at the beginning of book 2.

Anyway, I suspect by the time the books are all read, if Dumbles actually tries to send Harry back to the zoo at Privet Drive, he's going to be hexed into the next millennium and back. Repeatedly.

Yeah, that's one point I have been wondering about in all these 'Hogwarts reads' stories over the years - the books would give the Death Eaters a huge advantage, because contrary to what some authors seem to think, just reading them will not turn every Death Eater spawn into a good little boy. Some are going to run to their parents and these to Voldemort. Though Dumbledore and Snape would erase lots of info that can help them in the fight against Voldemort, or setting Sirius free or something like that, to which I have to object. So I am curious what you are planing there.

On the other hand, it's a pity Amelia Bones is not reading with them, together with some reliable Aurors. She could come in handy, but of course, she's got nothing to do with Hogwarts, save being Susan's aunt.

Of course Draco would use the info on Harry's wand. Now, how about Draco has the same core as Dumbledore? How would the DE's like that? ;) On the other hand, I am beginning to like your version of Blaise.
Kitty279 chapter 2 . 6/27
Ha, I like it that his friends point out to Draco that he's the same crybaby who uses fake tears to get his way. Maybe that gives him something to think about, and over time and the series, even a resemblance of backbone. Not to mention get him off his high horse now and then. (Preferably with a face-plant, of course ;P)

Anyway, good idea to show this of all chapters from the Slytherin POV, as it is so well suited to turn all their preconceived notions about Harry upside down. You know Harry has it bad if even that particular group of snakes is upset on his behalf!
Kitty279 chapter 1 . 6/27
Somehow I lost track of this story despite liking it, so I am glad that I stumbled over it again and can catch up with it. Still like the idea behind the story, and I think the new way to write it is good; it will save you from a lot of tedious comments, as it helps to point out the main issues without having to comment on everything.

Of course, still feeling sorry for Harry and being angry at Umbitch is a given, too ;)
setokayba2n chapter 10 . 6/7
So... They find the fifth book, let's see what they think of the spoilers and the order of the phoenix
Tiffany Smithi chapter 10 . 6/3
What's the update schedule?