Reviews for Perfectly Normal Thank You Very Much
Transus chapter 6 . 11/28
Honestly I must say this is excellently written, and I think you very realistically captured the emotional difficulty faced by Muggles who discover the magical world and realise they can't be fully part of it.
CatWeasley chapter 6 . 11/9
I've read through this is one sitting, I just couldn't get enough! It's so well written, the characters seem true to canon, and it's just such a lovely story. Thanks so much for this.
Very well written! Loved the story and dialogue!
King Fluffies chapter 6 . 10/25
Wow, just wow.

Dudley is the star of this fic. His confliction was nicely done. And the way you presented him as him a sympathetic protagonist, yet not whitewashing him was wonderful.

And there’s the ending, which was definitely the peak of the fix for me. Even if Petunia was only in one chapter, she was amazing too. Her acceptance actually got me a little teary-eyed.

And the other characters were nicely done too. Even someone like Ron, who only has a few lines of dialogue, had a pretty memorable interaction with Dudley.
God I can’t believe I’m tearing up at a Harry Potter fanfic…

Brilliantly written. Thank you so much for providing this sorely-needed bright spot in time of relative darkness for the franchise.

I am one of thousands you have touched with your words. Bravo!
Juu chapter 6 . 9/10
This story was everything I hoped it would be and more.
What a beautiful take on the idea of Dudley having a magical child.
The fear of him and his wife, the initial wonder of this new and secret world, the jealousy of the brothers and a callback to that of Dudley and Petunia.
Harry not hesitating to help, though probably not always perfectly.
And I'm so happy that Petunia got to see her granddaughter off. As JK intended, I never really liked her character much. But with the flashbacks of her and Lily growing up, I did feel more for her. Especially when reading the books again years later.
And somehow Petunia might have been able to make a little bit of peace with her past, by taking to this Lily?
My favorite detail was probably that Harry sent the magical plant to help ease Vernons suffering. I'm not sure he deserved this kindness, but it's a brilliant idea and I like the thought that Harry would have done him this last service.

Absolutely stellar writing!
Thank you so much for sharing this gem. It was a pleasure to read.
dorvell chapter 6 . 7/14
Is there a sequel in the works? I’d love to know all about Daisy’s time at Hogwarts! What house is she sorted into? What adventures/experiences does she have over those seven years? Petunia is obviously extremely elderly by now; does she live to see her granddaughter complete her Hogwarts education? If so, how does she feel about it?

And what of Brandon and Theo? What becomes of them as this story progresses?

And of course, we have to know how Dudley and Amanda go about continuing to adjust to the Wizarding world!

Please continue this storyline!
I really loved this. You humanized Aunt Petunia in a way that a lot of fans are afraid to. I know a lot of people want to just keep the Dursleys as an enemy and just focus on Harry’s life but this really shows that even though nothing excuses her horrible treatment of him as a child there are reasons for why she did so, and that she does have enough of a soul not to treat her granddaughter the same way. Same with Dudley. Perfect redemption for both of them. I don’t care what anyone says, I think they absolutely should have gotten it, both in the movies and the books.
I am very impressed with this. I am loving the story and the way you have characterized everyone. Harry and Dudley react just as I’d expect them too and you did a great job with writing the explanations and the fact that you made him so patient and kind. I love Dudley’s internal thoughts and I think that despite the majority I actually think that Dudley deserves this kind of change in character. He was only a product of his childhood and his parents and I’ve never seen him as a bad person. Maybe a rotten child but after learning that JK scrapped her plans to have Dudley have a magical child I really feel cheated out of a scenario that could teach children that they don’t have to fall victim to toxic ideologies even when it’s their family that is behind raising them that way. He broke out of it all and slowly started to become a better person and it’s nice when fans and fic writers expand on that. This chapter in particular, you paced everything very well. It was incredibly touching and I like how there was this perfect balance of describing some of the horrors of the wizarding world while also reassuring safety and especially the part about Hermione giving the boys a reason not to be jealous. I think maybe if someone had told Petunia stuff like that when Lilly went off to Hogwarts maybe she wouldn’t have ended up so Jealous or bitter or resentful herself. I think it would have definitely made a difference in how she treated Harry as a child too.
Beautiful! I really enjoyed this.
PPS: This story shows the ending, that up until now, I didn't know I needed to read. Simply beautiful and amazing. Aunt Petunia and Dudley both were written very well. I wish this was made canon in the cursed Child.
PS: Can i just say this was very heartfelt and wholesome.
Truly wonderful. I enjoyed this greatly, and I can say that something like this in the JKR canon epilogue would have made it all the much better.
This really showed an actual good ending after the epilogue in canon.
Amazing work:)
nemesis90 chapter 6 . 6/19
Loved this read, the last chapter was cathartic.
Anne O Nemous chapter 6 . 5/1
Wonderfully done! I never really saw it from their (Muggle-family) side of things, yknow? And you made all the characters very relatable and in character. Thank you for writing this.