Reviews for Perfectly Normal Thank You Very Much
SirBlackBird chapter 6 . 8/29/2019
that part where petunia speaks to lily luna made me bust out in tears, it got me right in the heart
duj chapter 6 . 8/13/2019
Sweet and honest fic. I particularly like how you - I don't want to say "humanised" because they were always human, but no better word springs to mind (at almost 62, I not infrequently have word-retrieval issues) - the canon-year Dursleys. They were terrified, isolated, desperate and in over their heads: first-time parents with no parenting experience to draw on and no parents or elders to advise them, and no parent-substitutes, advocates or counsellors in either world to suggest better ways of managing a traumatised toddler who'd seen his mum killed in front of him and had then been unceremoniously dumped into a totally different world where his toys didn't dance and Mercurochrome replaced magic in treating the ouches of childhood.

One point I want to take issue with, however, is Dudley's answer to Amanda that they could "choose not to be afraid." That's a fool's counsel, requiring willed ignorance towards the realities of magical vs Muggle interactions. What he meant to say, I think, is that they can choose not to let fear rule them.

Anyway, excellently done. An exceptional retelling of this trope.
Wordseeker chapter 6 . 8/9/2019
All my feels...
gabzep chapter 6 . 7/22/2019
This was really good!
Flavio S chapter 1 . 7/22/2019
This is a beautiful story.
ays102 chapter 6 . 7/21/2019
this is pretty good! i hope you decide to continue it!
Pyrophoricity chapter 6 . 7/20/2019
That was cute and very well writén
Thanks a lot for it :)
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 6 . 7/19/2019
IM NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING
Aeterna Nox Rosa chapter 6 . 6/26/2019
Very well done. You made me cry with Petunia. Favourited.
Sefera chapter 6 . 6/19/2019
Very good!
mekareami chapter 6 . 6/19/2019
Lovely little tale:) thank you for writing
paintpuddles chapter 3 . 6/18/2019
This is honestly amazing! The writing is brilliant!
sfescher chapter 6 . 6/7/2019
Such a nice story. There were a few instances when the wrong word was used (bare instead of bare, etc...), but otherwise it was very well-written. My favorite parts are when Dudley is in the wand shop and Aunt Petunia meets Lily. Some really touching moments there.
delia cerrano chapter 6 . 6/2/2019
what a wonderful story about what happened to them after the war and after they "grew up". The story made such sense and seemed almost plausible. Loved how all the characters turned out.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/29/2019
I don't normally review until I've finished reading all available chapters of a fanfin, but I felt I had to say I absolutely love thus fic, and I absolutely love this line:
'"Anyway was better than the way we were introduced to it," snorted Harry. "Don't you remember, Bang! Yer a wizard Harry…. Oink."'

Thankyou!