Reviews for Harry Potter: Air Elemental
Fun story. Nicely written. Thank you for writing
KanameZeroYuki chapter 19 . 6/3
This story is brilliant! I never thought I would enjoy this pairing, but I've loved your other stories, so decided to give this one a try. I'm so glad I did!
kla6942 chapter 7 . 5/30
Good princess bride reference I laughed very hard xx
BadAZKenB chapter 19 . 5/23
Excellent! I couldn't wait to reach the end!
So glad you didn't use endless paragraphs or chapters filled with minute details of every room and piece of furniture in their new home.
And no endless descriptions of Quittich matches, lol.
That was a seriously boring ending. It was just boneless, wasted literally everyone other than Harry and two teachers on good guy side and made badguys look even more stupid than they usually are. Neville never got to be an unsung badass, Luna, Ginny and even Hermione were nothing more than extras. Not a single DE ever looked remotely like someone to take seriously. It completely negated the horcruxes and pretty much everything Dumby has ever done, that's an extremely effective form of Dumby bashing and I suspect wasn't even intentional. I doubt you realized this either, but you took a shit on almost every theme and plot device of HP series with ending Voldy by the Veil after such a trivially easy success (not that I mind this last one).

You lose a lot of points for all that, author. A LOT of points because endings are most important.

However I actually finished reading your story, it had some neat bits and no part seemed like you were typing with one hand. That's more than can be said for vast majority of fanfictions. I'll give you a 4/10.
The hero made a plan, he explained the plan, he executed the plan and it worked. You can't DO that. That's not how storytelling works. And now you're gonna be cramming both the big finale and the ending into a single chapter.

I'm sad to inform you that you're pretty bad at wrapping a story up properly, author. Now you can't even try to turn things around with a big twist or something, any big change would just be nonsense.
You know, author, there's some extra dumbassery going on here in this plot. Either Harry is a dumbass for thinking there are so goddamn few DEs that he can take them all out easy enough or DEs were dumbasses for taking over without enough manpower to even overpower Potter.
(Ministry is made entirely of dumbfucks so getting overthrown by like 10 dudes is normal for them.)

And I can see we're very close to the end, so obviously Harry's gonna win this. It's looking to be a somewhat disappointing ending unless you pull of something extremely unexpected.
The biggest issue you got going is this "if I have to" nonsense you got Harry spouting, author. He KNOWS Voldy believes in the prophecy and will KEEP coming at him. There should be no ifs in his thoughts, especially after finding those two intern DEs watching houses. And since he wasn't sitting around watching DumbleTV all year, he should've done something constructive with his time to prepare more.

At least you should've made the occasional comment that Harry thought practicing his air stuff is enough or something. Sitting on his ass just so he can have one year without an "adventure" when he knows for a fact that he'll be targeted is not adult behavior. He just seem petulant.
Can't tell if this is bashing Ron or not. Sure looks like bashing but logically it can't be. Haven't seen this level of ambiguity about him in a fanfiction before, a novel approach.
Hope it's not just an excuse to hook up two girls tho, that'd be silly.
Hope this stuff will come up later on or all the wordcount on the orphanage would be wasted and it's too good to just waste.
HeartsGlow chapter 18 . 5/8
Voldie isn't wondering what happened to "his" people in the castle?
HeartsGlow chapter 6 . 5/6
I think either Ginny or Hermione should have been paired (eventually) with Neville. He is an honest, trustworthy guy that would be good for either of them.
Cubdom chapter 19 . 3/20
I appreciated this story. The plot moves well and their were a number of unique/new to me elements. I liked the second ward stone and hidden study as well as the emphasis on wards. Susan was a good choice for Harry’s paramour. I think you did a good job of giving her a backstory and personality that is more than the limited character scetch from canon. I would continue to focus on improving your characters’ dialogue... I know that’s hard to do well.
Thanks for your hard work writing and completing the story.
Sleepyhawk502 chapter 19 . 3/6
Great story, thanks for sharing!
interesting