Reviews for Addictions
SkyCaptain502 chapter 40 . 7/2
Found this story last week and I just caught up (ch. 44 at time of writing) and I'm loving it so far. The deep lore of canon Overwatch is drenched with crapsack, angst, and fridge horror and you capture that beautifully here. Keep up the good work.

That said, a couple things jumped out at me this chapter and I had to come back to point them out. First: Jack knew Talon uses brainwashed/hypnotized agents and the trigger phrase used on "most of them" back in chapter 35. It should have been first practice to try this phrase on anyone known or even suspected to work as a Talon agent, current or former.

"Ah, Sombra, welcome to Gibraltar. Before I turn you over to the tender mercies of these two meat-heads, you need to hear something."
"What's that, Gringo?"
"I need you to do me a favor."

The other thing is the Talon cosmetic project. By itself it doesn't seem very important, but I've been getting this itch since Gérard Lacroix was characterized as an asshole. Little things kept piling up and buzzing around in my head before finally crystallizing into one thought. A hail mary, oh shit, worst-case-scenario idea that refused to leave me alone: Gérard Lacroix and Thiery Savant are one in the same. Widowmaker's didn't kill her husband, she faked his death and extracted him. All sorts of little things just make sense if that's the case, most notably his overly emotional reaction when *Widowmaker* dies in the tanker explosion. Nearly bankrupting Talon so that he has an untraceable, perfect new face with which to re-enter the political sphere is exactly the sort of egocentric project he would do.
tatzecom chapter 44 . 6/23
just read from ch40 to ch44, damn son, good stuff! all tho I now know the general area you live in :P or at least I think I know, don't worry tho, no reason to doxx you tho :3 Except a certain thick Mexican lady and a certain small Korean girl aren't getting... along very well... be warned, as the emotional trauma your story had already put me through shouldn't be renewed by Somva . Please, I beg of you!

ALSO: I like how you implemented Zen there, he isn't just going his way as the good guy he is but he is actually concerned about the living thing Athena is in his eyes. She's not just some computer than can be repaired or replaced, she is an actual living thing like himself. That really was a moment where I felt like I zoomed out of your story and saw the bigger piece!

Anyhows, keep up the good work, really great stuff! This is still the biggest and best Overwatch fanfiction I ever read and I love all the ships in it I mean, not that I would complain about some Junkmetra but neither of them is in the story (yet?) so don't make a fuzz about it and force yourself to implement them

also don't take this review to serious, I in no way intend to harm you, just FYI

sincerely and respectfully
tatzecom

been here since the beginning, will stay here till the end!
WitnessRE chapter 44 . 6/20
Not my favorite chapter o_o but this is like..preparing us for shit is about to go down.
I honestly thought this chapter was well done as it explored more of Dvas and Sombras character, Though I may be biased as these 2 characters are characters I really like. I also like how complex sombras situation is with the whole "voice in head" thing, I do hope you continue this arc in the next chapter as Im just waiting to see whats happens next
Nice chapter. Realky liked it :D hope you post soon (not tryna pressure ya or anything)
Seirin Yamai chapter 44 . 6/19
Beautiful scene between Hana and Olivia. It shows the real conflict of Hana suddenly realizing she might like girls and her whole world is turning upside down. And Olivia, mf...I swear she should be able to find that chip. She is the best hacker after all. Fucking talon scum putting some chip in her to make her obey. I sincerely hope she gets out of it like Amelié
Tohka123 chapter 44 . 6/19
Another lovely chapter, looks like its quite a bug step for Olivia and Hana. Hopefully they can help Olivia out with the mess inside her head. And hopefully more Amelie and Lena moments.

Keep up the hard work.
Trackhawk chapter 44 . 6/19
Hello. I do first wish to compliment you on the story so far. It has been a great read and I'm always happy when you upload a new chapter.

That said this chapter was... a bit off for me. I honestly can not believe that a hyper intelligent AI, would not have figured out what Sombra was doing until she plugged into the consol. I can not believe there was only 1 guard that she ran into. I can not believe that all of the bases biometrics and security was disabled by something made from scraps of a game console.

I know she is a skilled hacker, but we are talking about an AI here. Vs an AI even the best hackers should be all but usless due to the sheer amount of processing power they have. In the halo universe for example, an AI can run and entire space ships electronics, talk to every single crew member individually, run endless calculations, and still have enough power left to take orders at any point from anywhere. All at the same time. I'd athena has even HALF that power then Sombra is boned.

Now if you wrote something about the god program being used to aid her. Maybe it broke past the firewall, or something, that may make things more belivable in my eyes. But this one detail, which many people might consider to be inconsequential, broke my immersion pretty heavily.
Zecr chapter 44 . 6/19
As always, a great chapter. Honestly I don't know how you are going to run out of ideas anytime soon. Because you can simply build off this chapter. There are so many unanswered questions in this chapter that it should be easy to make another chapter from this one. Like what happened to Athena? How about Sombra? Hana and Olivia's relationship. What is Widow's status on her implants. Talon's next move. Did the God program work or completely fail. Etccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc. Ya, you get my idea. So, please don't make me wait half a year for another chapter. I'll probably go crazy from the lack of a good read.

Keep writing,
Zecr
EllenRipley8 chapter 44 . 6/18
Omg such a great chapter! Loved the whole Sombra and Hana scene we had going on. Very curious about the whole lab that has been discovered. Keep up the amazing work and have fun during the summer season.
goddragonking chapter 44 . 6/18
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more update soon can't wait to read more:)
Infinitus Confictura chapter 44 . 6/18
The war is on just after the female homosexuality virus spread out in the HQ, how unfortunate...
Hi Cortana...
Noooooo, the translations is missiiiiiing.
Ulcaasi chapter 44 . 6/18
Hurgh-my heart... *dies*
hi i just wanna say i teally enjoy the story ok bye its 2 am and i stayed up reading from chapter 21 to this ond and i have school tomorrow ok bye
LS505956 chapter 5 . 6/17
I love your AN/monologue/rant at the end of the chapter. I completely agree - you can use smut to develop and support the story and the vharacters, but not just randomly stick it in, certainly not in the first chapters (unless, like, there's already an established relationship of some sort).
1,310 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »