Reviews for The Room
FlightFeathers chapter 10 . 1/17/2017
This is a very interesting take on Draco and his mission in the sixth year. You have changed things, made him a werewolf and made Luna an acquaintance of his, but that has not tampered with the plot at all till this chapter; although I wonder what role Luna will play in this, and how Draco will be affected by it, and will the change be as much as shown in canon or not. Moreover, what was the thought (of the Dark Lord) behind turning him into a werewolf? I do hope to see it revealed in the coming chapters, with this just right and steady pace you're going at.

The lack of interaction between Luna and Draco initially was a little irritating, but I guess it's better this way; developments are always satisfying when slow. I've believed that Draco never really fancied being a death eater, like it seems here, but after being separated from the books for so long, I don't exactly know what to say. However, it has been apparent in the books that Malfoys can do whatever they can to safeguard their family name and members, and to see that Draco here is almost driven by the urge to protect his family name and provide it with its deserving status is in-character. I like the way he's fighting his feelings of friendship (and more) for Luna because she is obviously a blood traitor and "looney". Honestly, Draco is such a grey and confusing and complex character that I love reading about him.

Luna here is spot on. How she talked about Draco's name was the best dialogue coming from her. But I think that she wouldn't have been tricked so easily by him. She IS a Ravenclaw and she is clever, although appearances seem to say otherwise. She does see good in people, but she would never give up any useful information regarding the DA. She is loyal, if not to anyone else then especially to Harry, and her own principles. It could be that her ability to see good inside people's hearts has blinded her, and quite possibly the offer of friendship. But wasn't Ginny her best friend? Yet it is an AU, so ... She always struck one as naive, but she's incredibly wise as well. She is a surprise, really. I don't mind how she turned out here, not exactly, although I would've loved to see some more work from Draco's part to convince her to give up some information. Her honesty and purehearted-ness might just win Draco's heart.

Good work so far! It is definitely appealing and has me waiting for more, especially after this chapter, whose last part definitely played with my emotions as I really am attached to Luna, and it was also the way you described it, how Draco never really tried to care at the moment, and later regretted it. And Luna's reaction was painful. What take will their friendship take now after Draco has lashed out? Update soon!
Shealtiel chapter 10 . 9/15/2016
I don't know if you got my other review, but regardless it wasn't finished! My phone did a dumb thing with it and posted it too soon!

Anyhow, I was saying I enjoyed the way you tied the story into Draco discovering the cabinet by accident!

Also just wanted to mention that it might be cool to see Luna acting a little more stoic and less emotional all the time. I totally get that she feels like she can be vulnerable around Draco and I love that, but it might be nice to see a bit more of her cheerful shrug-it-off quirkiness that we see in the books!

Loving it all so far, and I thought Draco using the Room of Requirement as like, a cage for his transformation was a great idea! Can't wait for more!

xx
Shealtiel
Shealtiel chapter 10 . 9/15/2016
Still enjoying the story immensely! Love the way you tied it in to Draco finding the cabinet as if by accident
Guest chapter 10 . 9/11/2016
Can you become an author in real life? Please? Love your writing style :)
Shealtiel chapter 9 . 8/30/2016
Aww, you're very welcome for the encouragement! I am so into this story! This chapter was great too! And poor Draco, all alone for his transformation. ( And now I'm very interested to see what you do with Myrtle! She's always a fun character. Additionally, I'm just saying, a sequel to this that covers the events of the 7th book from Draco's perspective and with changes for your version would be super interesting! I'm keen to know what your version of Luna being kidnapped and kept at the Manor would look like, especially if she and Draco are already together!

Anyway, gotta get through this story first I guess! Haha. Can't wait for more!
Shealtiel chapter 8 . 8/26/2016
I love this so far! I cannot wait for more Draco/Luna! I'm assuming you're effectively replacing Myrtle's role in Draco's Sixth Year to be Luna? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyhow, I know you said you were taking some time off and everything, but please post as soon as you can. Can't wait for more! I loved the 'Draco's a werewolf' theory the moment I heard it. Will be waiting with bated breath for more!
Nikol Curzon chapter 8 . 8/3/2016
Oh, I absolutely adore this story! Your voice is really good, and Draco's characterisation is A. I like the fact that you actually spread some light on Luna's problems rather than make her the Manic Pixie Girl to Draco who endures his insults without a blink.
DemiS chapter 5 . 7/22/2016
God, this chapter! it was amazing! and son, yes, we do have it rought (extremely, excruciatingly) every month. On a brighter note, I LOVED IT! The way you explained pre and post change is amazing! I looove it. can't wait to read more!
DemiS chapter 4 . 7/22/2016
agh, I Belatrix is my favorite "villain" in Harry Potter, but oh my god. she's terrible here! Absolutely amazing job writing her! it was perfect! :D great job as always Astoria! I looooove this
DemiS chapter 3 . 7/11/2016
Awesome chapter as always Astoria! can't wait for more. Also, hehe, Luna's so cute at the end haha. I love this! can't wait for more! Good job, Astoria! :D
DemiS chapter 2 . 6/20/2016
Omg, Astoria! This was awesome! Also, Jesus, I feel for him. Poor guy just got turned into a werewolf! And his mother knew about it! Stupid Voldemort. Amazing chapter! I'm dying for more! :D ahhh, Can't wait
Maya Poltergeist chapter 2 . 6/19/2016
Urg. I don't believe he still going with it after all. Godness! I need the next chapter.
Maya Poltergeist chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
This is AWESOME! I so hope that Draco betrayes Valdemort after that. I can even imagine him being help by Remus in the long run. Please please please continue!
war hippy fatigues chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
needs more tommy wiseau
DemiS chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
Omg... I'm speechless... Draco? A werewolf? Omg, t-this is just amazing! Astoria! I'm dying to read the next chapter! Also, I would understand the shock of being a werewolf in a family like *gasp* Malfoys! The family that thinks Half-Bloods are a disgrace, while "Mudbloods" are filthy! But seriously, this chapter is freaking beautiful! Agh! I need more! More!