Reviews for Duelling with a Glass Sword
Serena Salvatore chapter 2 . 7/5
This is amazing and well inspired! I hope to read more of it soon
Luumus chapter 2 . 6/7
As a continuation of my review to the previous chapter I have to say I enjoyed Rhaegar's characterisation much more in this one.

His PoV gave us a lot more insight into his motivations and personality and it overall made him more fleshed out in my mind. The lack of constant adulation, which was far more prevalent in chapter 1, also really helped to make the interaction between characters more realistic.

The constant comparison between Harry and his previous wives was a bit weird, but that may just be me so take it with a grain of salt.

There was also a typo where you wrote "drusley" instead of dursley somewhere in the beginning of the chapter but other than that I don't have a lot of criticism to say about this chapter. I enjoyed it very much and I'm really looking forward to reading the next. (Even though it's been 2 years since you updated, but a girl can dream right?)

Cheers
Luumus
Luumus chapter 1 . 6/7
I enjoyed this story. I enjoyed the character's relationship and I enjoyed the differences in cannon due to Rhaegar's presence. However there is one thing that bother me, tremendously. Which is the following: Rhaegar is a Gary-Stu of EPIC proportions. To the point where I rolled my eyes quite a bit while reading certain passages of this chapter. It was just... too much. I'll exemplify:

- he's almost as beautiful as Fleur (and boy everyone likes to mention that, often and with great fervour)

- he's more intelligent than Hermione and has the best grades in years, breaking several records

- he's the best at all magic even though in cannon nothing indicates that the Targaryen had such command over magic after the Dragons fell.

- he has a dragon (believable) and goblin made sword at 11 years old (not so believable) and everyone's incredibly impressed with him and are sure to say it often and with great fervour

- he's kind and helpful, everyone loves him and they are sure to say it often and... (you guessed it) with great fervour.

- all the adults listen to him and do as he says when he gets all charismatic and regal, even when it's against their interests or not particularly realistic (he's still a teenager you know?)

- there's no negative consequences to his actions despite threatening professors or discrediting the Minister and the minister's officials or anything really and he really doesn't experience any setbacks

- he's such a gifted musician that people cry when they hear him, and this I could believe given that his musical talent is cannon, but the way he plays for an audience without real prompt so that the other characters can fawn over his prodigious talent is incredibly Mary-sue.

- everyone makes sure to mention him and how amazing he is, even when it's Lily and James Potter first and last words to their daughter, after Cedric died and she's literally fighting for her life, they still have to pay him a compliment.

All these things I mentioned are almost textbook definition of a Mary-Sue. And it's excessive. Still enjoyable, I'll probably read the next chapter because I enjoy their relationship and I'm curious how Harry will react to another world so kudos for that, it's not often I stick around after all of that so you certainly did a lot right. But in this aspect I think you could have done so much better. In the end he didn't feel real nor human. Just too perfect. In fact you said it yourself, and often, that he's just... perfect.

There's a reason why the Mary-Sue and the Gary-Stu are so mentioned in fanfiction, they are neither realist characterisations nor they are particularly interesting ones.

In conclusion, this review is purely meant as constructive criticism, do with it what you will. But I hope my ramblings were somewhat helpful to you.

Best of luck
Luumus
Light Lord Cybergate chapter 2 . 6/7
Two years...seems like this fantastic story is abandoned. Damn it!

Please continue this gem!

Ps...it seems they have forgotten to use magic when disguising themselves. It can also be used to cool themselves in the hot deserts heat.
Use it.
Adamantium Stripes chapter 2 . 6/2
Great story.
There is one thing: In the first chapter, Hedwig is the reason he speaks to her in the first place, so what happened to her?
SakiXX1 chapter 2 . 4/24
Thank you for this lovely story! This is an interesting idea for a crossover. I wonder how Hariel would deal with the politics and backstabbing higher society of ‘Game of Thrones.’ Also, even though Rhaegar is posing as his own son, I wonder would some of his habits of the past would expose him or would his experience and life in the ‘Harry Potter’ world give him a different personality. I can’t wait what else both of them have plan and how they would change Westeros. I love Sirius because he provides humor and support for them.
Update
shika93 chapter 1 . 3/17
Awesome.
SilverRosehp chapter 2 . 3/13
Please update your story soon I absolutely love it and hope you continue it soon.
TekoloKuautli chapter 2 . 3/3
I love other people's POV! especially Rhaegar's, Sirius and the uncle, it keeps things super interesting.
What happened to Hedwig and Kreacher though, were they left behind? If they brought books of muggle technology did they bring of every subject? Like science, medicine, embiromental science and eco friendly harvestings? Like hidroponia and the method of tree cutting/planting? And magical ingredients or seeds or other stuff?
Anyway, I didn't say this on the other review but the slow love of Harry's and Rhaegar's developing relationship was magical, truly better than many others I have read in a very long time and had me hooked to my cellphone screen (my eyes are paying for it right now), I can't wait to see these two lovebirds incite jealousy in their wake and how they can wield magic is awesome.
Also, love Regulus the cuddly dragon and Rhaella's 'holier than thee' attitude. Can't wait for there to be more, can dragons learn Legillimens? would be interesting if they can 'talk' in a way. Sirius kills me everytime, and Rhaegar being embarassed was great, the garden vine incident and the blue hair! Hope there is more of those moments, he needs to act more like us clumsy humans and less angelic sometimes XD
TekoloKuautli chapter 1 . 3/3
What a wonderful story... I'm without words, I binged on this for two days straight I mean (no easy feat considering other necessities). Rhaegar is so melancholic and strong here, determined to raise from the ashes and go back despite already residing in a good imitation of paradise if you compare it to his homeland. In Earth he could have Harry, peace, work with dragons without any war watsoever and apart of batting away annoying gossiping flies he could have anything and travel such a vast world with so many different creatures, cultures and all. My respects towards the character you created rose a lot more than the original let me tell you.
Hariel is so unique and has exacly what she needs and just from that is more than enough for her to be happy (her precious people). From her thoughts relating to her actions I almost expected her to turn to animagus training and come out as a lioness (considering their fierceness, hunt in packs and how they have one 'king' to follow and are protected by from other males).
Ron and other characters were almost nonexistent but that's okay XD
I'm glad Sirius came out alive, he's the necessary spice of life, and curious about the life debt he owes.
One question that burns my mind is if they can ever go back if they want to?
sharingankakashi007 chapter 2 . 2/24
Tsume-San
I loved this fic very very much
Their love and their adventures are very exciting and sweet
Plz for me and all the other fans of this fic
Continue this
Let us know what happens next
How does our dear prince get his kingdom back!?
The trails and tribulations they face together?!
All of this has left me unendingly curious
Hope ya come back to this little peice of brilliance soon
sharingankakashi007 chapter 1 . 2/24
Omg this is so sweet
Amazing absolutely beautiful
They are so GOOD together
Elfin69 chapter 2 . 1/15
I wonder why they don't use their magic to make themselves invisible and imperious the current King to abdicate his throne for some reasons
AwesomeFangirlOtaku01 chapter 1 . 1/12