Reviews for The Thunder Clan
WendyLeaf chapter 34 . 5/20/2019
What an amazing read. I absolutely loved this story! It was an adventure from start to finish, and I enjoyed every minute of it. You're a great writer. Thank you so much for sharing!
SceptileBlade chapter 34 . 1/21/2019
The reason I didn't review till now, is because I was too engrossed. Good stuff man. Damn good. Probably my favourite fic at this point.
EverfreeSparkle chapter 34 . 1/16/2019
Part of me is saddened to come to the end. But with how fitting the ending was, I have to say I'm satisfied. This really is the best way to end a story such as this, and I give you kudos for deciding this.

Thank you, again, for such a wonderful tale!
EverfreeSparkle chapter 33 . 1/16/2019
I am so emotional right now! What Taka at the end of the chapter, I am so relieved. My heart was breaking. But... then... my smile is so wide now and I can't stop it! These last chapters are a rollercoaster and I love it!
EverfreeSparkle chapter 31 . 1/16/2019
Nearly at the end and I can say this story has been a treat! An emotional, thrilling ride I won't forget for a long time. I almost don't want it to end, to stop reading now so I have the option to savor this high-point. But I have to-it's too good!

Your story deserves much more attention than it has. It's a hidden gem, and I can safely say one of my newest favorites! I can't gush about specifics without spoiling this, so I will just say this: thank you. Thank you so much for writing this!
EverfreeSparkle chapter 15 . 1/16/2019
I actually cried. You wrote the emotion very well. I almost felt like I was Roxy...
Light Flame Blast chapter 34 . 12/27/2018
I just got around to reading the last two chapters and... damn.
I’m not one to cry reading fanfictions, but this got me too close.
I can’t possibly stress enough how well written and intriguing this story is. All the emotions, reactions, descriptions, fights... it all fits so smoothly and perfectly, it’s amazing.
Thank you for giving us such a wonderful story.
TechnoDee chapter 34 . 12/20/2018
What, I'm not sure if you just used the fact that players find items encapsulated in pokeballs at the most peculiar of areas as the plot point that kicked the entire story into motion. I'm having indigestion over this fact.

You know, the Inheritance cycle has a total of ~900k words, and the Harry Potter series has just a little over 1 million. The Thunder Clan has 304k words in the span of two years. You wrote a third of each series in the span of two years. At this point "impressive" is an understatement.

I teared up at the reunion - I forgot Roxy's trainer was so sweet. Like trainer like pokemon? Taka could get used to this. How nice would it have been if Makari were around to receive the scratchies, too...

Taka is like that annoying final boss with one trillion phases: every time you think we say farewell to him, he comes back. Although I had a feeling from the moment they departed the forest that he would wind up meeting Roxy's master. I can get behind his notion of being unfriendly towards humans, but it's nice to see him warming up to them at least a little bit. He's been through a lot. You have to wonder what he'll do next. Somehow I don't find it very likely he'll stay with Roxy and her master but since they're on the same continent, it'd make sense if he went travelling with periodic visits to them. Ah, he'll probably evolve into a raichu at some point. That's very Taka-like.

I picked this fic up a little over two years ago and am I glad I ever did. I usually can't stomach long chapters, but there was something I really liked about The Thunder Clan that even the 10k word wall per chapter couldn't barricade. I still remember reading the first few chapters and wondering how Roxy would ever get home - IF she ever would, things could get grimy, you never know - but now she has and I'm not even the author but I feel so proud of her. She's grown and adapted but she's still the same sweet Roxy.

I feel kind of happy and sad the story's come to an end - mixed feelings, but I know I 100% enjoyed this story. There's not much to say here. Thank you for writing an incredible story!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2018
this is a really cool story thank you

i felt actual excitement the closer roxy got to her home
mexmangafan chapter 34 . 12/11/2018
Thank you for this amazing story and Im glad that you didnt extend this story unnecessarily like other fanfics. Im still a little sad that its already over but I can tell you with certainty that this is one of the fanfics Im always going to remember.
WyldClaw chapter 34 . 12/11/2018
that was an amazing incredible ending to one fabulous story
FinalPower chapter 34 . 12/10/2018
A happy end to an amazing tale.
Wings Made of Procrastination chapter 8 . 12/9/2018
This isn't going to be a terribly in-depth review, specifically because I like this story so much that I feel like explaining myself would come across as redundant. But to start, I discovered this story this morning and have already binge-read eight chapters. I don't know what exactly gives your story the bingeable quality, but I think it has something to do with how well you pace each chapter, giving enough detail to describe the setting and characters, and enough dialogue to balance it out. Everything comes across as incredibly natural, and the sequencing flows beautifully.

As for your characters, Roxy is relatable and honest. I'll admit, I was almost a bit put-off by how often she cried, but then I realized it's perfectly normal to cry in those kinds of circumstances. I've moved eight or nine times and there was one time I moved (to a foreign country) where I felt particularly lost and hopeless, and I could really empathize with Roxy's pain. It's nice to see a sensitive protagonist growing into a more emotionally confident and stable character-you've played out the character development really well so far.

And Makari, what a sweetheart! I think Makari is the kind of person everyone wants in their lives-understanding, compassionate, mature and caring. Although I am rooting for Roxy and Makari to get together, it confused me at first because I envisioned Makari as an older brother figure. But this chapter erased all my doubts and I'm excited to see where their romance goes!

Taka is stern and reminds me of a lot of harsh teachers I've had in the past. While I don't like him as a person, I like him as a character and you've crafted each character so distinctly that it's easy to find something relatable in each of them. I can see why Taka would be so stubborn if he had bad experiences with humans, and how it might have affected him in a negative light.

Great worldbuilding by the way. When I saw the title, it made me think of the Warrior series by Erin Hunter. Although it is a bit similar, you've added your own special twist and have really brought this story to life through little details. I like the fact that they have their own ancient alphabet-did you create it on your own? If so, well done! It seems realistic and fitting.

I said I wasn't going to make this a long review but I just love this story so much :') Keep up the amazing work!
enderverse chapter 34 . 12/9/2018
Oh, it's complete? I'm not used to fanfics I'm subscribed to actually finishing.

I liked it. Definitely going to recommend it next time something relevant comes up in the Pokemon fanfic thread.
enderverse chapter 33 . 11/14/2018
I guessed that would end up happening from the time they set out, but it was still cute.