Reviews for Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Such an amazing story! Each character is described so beautifully and seem to capture the spirit of the original stories characters! Amazing! Keep up the great work!
Jgraves chapter 22 . 9/1
Wow! I think that this is one of my favorite potter world stories- first Tom Riddle one I've ever read- I love the nod to Peaky Blinders-
Exeidur chapter 22 . 7/30
That was quite a nice fic! I must say, I was a bit apprahensive when I started this. The plot sounded nice, but maybe a bit too much of an AU? Anyway, I read the full story quite quickly and I liked it overall. It's a nice fic and, though there are quite a few (small) errors, it's easy to read.
I don't really like how Harry and Ron are worked into the story, since they really seem like such an integral part of Hermione' s life. I can't image her without having had those two as friends, she just wouldn't be the same person. And the way Ron acted towards her in this story was just so unlike him, so I'm not a fan of that.
I do like how you wrote Riddle and his inner circle. Riddle could have been a touch more psychopathic in my opinion, but at least he was amazingly charming.

Now, the dad thing is that I think the relationship between Hermione and Tom as it is in this fic just wouldn't last. They may be together for a few years, but Hermione is just so incredibly different from Tom.. at least I don't think they'd have a happy marriage, with Hermione having to compromise who she is too much, just like in the rest of the fic.
Ah well, who knows, maybe she can soften him up a bit as well. At least I enjoyed reading the fic and I got through all of it, so that's a positive :)

Thanks for working hard on writing this story & good luck with writing more in the future 3
Immortal Dragon Empress chapter 1 . 7/26
This was something else... completely and totally threw me out the park here. It the first time I’ve ventured reading a non-magic AU as well as it being a Tomione. But bloody hell was it amazing! I simply loved every aspect of this story. The way you’ve managed to capture the life in the roaring 20’s (a particular favorite era of mine) as well as the captivating mobster element. You’re characters were alluring in all their aspects. As much as he was charming, I never forget for a second just how dark and dangerous Tom was. I particularly enjoyed that Hermione knew what she was doing was illegal and that she didn’t spend every chapter monologuing over it- too often writers try and justify a reading for her doing what we probably won’t necessarily call moral. For once it was simply refreshing to read that she chose this because she found the power she held captivatingand more importantly she was willing to admit that. I was impressed with how smoothly the entire story ran despite there being no magic and that it was set in a particular era. This is simply one of the best tics I’ve read here recently and I’m quite positive you’ve ruined me for future Tomione’s because how could anyhe omg possibly compare to this? 1920’s Mobster Tom is a new favorite of mine. I loved how you used the other characters in your story as wellthe part about Tom’s mother being a voodoo priestess was simply ingenious! It’s something that definitely would have been very popular in New Orleans at the time! I have to admit I thought for a moment there that you’d kill of Tomas most of these types of stories end with the villain dying in the end.
I have so many feels for this fic! Thank you for writing it!
ArcanaAcid chapter 22 . 7/16
Prohibition era Tom might be my new favorite Tom!
brume42 chapter 22 . 7/14
Aww I so much loved your story !
The plot was well written. I rarely read "muggle stories" but yours was so interesting and exciting !
I loooved the "gangster" Tom 3
yourwheezy chapter 22 . 7/10
I absolutely loved this story and I'm so glad I read it! I'm really into biker gang/mafia style AUs right now and this was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you and happy writing!
yourwheezy chapter 21 . 7/10
YES YES YES FINALLLLLLLY! I'm going to gp re-read this chapter a second time!
yourwheezy chapter 20 . 7/10
My heart is truly breaking for Hermione right now. You're doing such a wonderful job making this story convincing!
yourwheezy chapter 19 . 7/10
Tom Riddle what do you think you're doing to my babe Hermione!? Foolish boy.
yourwheezy chapter 18 . 7/10
Bellatrix should also be killed off. She's such a gnat! (Apparently I want everyone to be killed off )
yourwheezy chapter 17 . 7/10
Oh lord, Tommy don't get yourself caught sweetheart
yourwheezy chapter 16 . 7/10
Another lovely story addition!
yourwheezy chapter 15 . 7/10
Ronald bloidy Weasley and his big mouth. I still have my fingers crossed that he'll be killed off. Now I'm worried about Riddle and Hermione and all the other boys! (Except Evan, he can fuck right off)
yourwheezy chapter 14 . 7/10
I knew Evan was going to turn out to be a little rat like Pettigrew. And that end scene with Potter? Holy hell! I liked the touch of adding the lighting bolt to his forehead! And lastly Tom and Hermione!? Yes! That ending was steamy sweet perfection.