Reviews for With Friends Like These
tenshiamanda chapter 3 . 2/8/2003
This is great! I liked the idea of calling the hound Huan after the great hound in the Silmarillion. Update soon.
Kal the Magnificent chapter 3 . 2/7/2003
Awww... they seem so cute! You just want to huggle them! And Thranduil and Elrond's reactions were priceless.

Tee hee... can't wait until they meet up with giant spiders! They are going to, right? *looks more hopeful than she probably should*
Sindamellonwen chapter 3 . 2/7/2003
This is awesome! keep up the awesome job!
JastaElf chapter 3 . 2/7/2003
LOL! Oh, Jay, that was absolutely classic! I love the Twins; they SO clearly disbelieve the spider thing, and there will (I've no doubt!) be lots of trouble from that quarter soon! I can't wait... (hey I can say that, they aren't my kids, and we know they live to grow up. Snicker!)

Elrond and Thranduil are classic fathers, too. Heh. Scaring the kids, then pretending to be helpful... (grin) I love it!

A schmutz, BTW, is a smudge or a dirt mark on something. Like a kid having a schmutz on the nose. (grin)

More, more, please!
Nilmandra chapter 3 . 2/7/2003
Ellahir. Elrodan.

*giggle*

You've got me doing this even when I'm not trying. Elladan says its a common problem but he prefers his own name!

I love this chapter! Elflings *thinking* they are getting away with mischief. Fathers telling stodgy old advisors to get over themselves. And Legolas setting up the twins for some mischief. Can't wait for chapter 4 to see what happens!

I love the wolfhounds, too, of course. Legolas likes furry creatures *grin*
TreeHugger chapter 2 . 2/2/2003
I love your portrayal of the relationship between Thranduil and Legolas. I felt very sorry for dear Thranduil with his slight slip about Elrond's last visit. Very sad. :(

So that is where Ellahir came from! :)

LOL So Arwen wants to be a twin too and Elrond says never again...somehow that does not surprise me, even if the twins aren't quite certain what he means. LOL to Thranduil being glad that Legolas isn't a twin either.

whoa! That was a very close call with the wolves. The cubs were so cute, but the mother didn't want anyone messing with them. It is a good thing that Legolas is as good as everyone says. It just saved their lives. I am certain that is the last time he doesn't have a weapon handy.

Such typical boys, mud, dirt, and briars. Hmm...well girls too...okay, such typical kids! But what has Elrohir found?

LOL to speed counting!

EEK! Okay, spiders! Elrond didn't tell them about the size of Greenwood spiders? Yikes! They would be in for quite a shock! LOL So they don't believe Legolas when he tells them how big they are. Hmm...well, then if they do ever see one they WILL be in for a shock!

Fun chapter, Jay. You write them young so very well. Thanks so much!

Elenath sila am le!
PokethePenguin chapter 2 . 2/2/2003
YEAH

love the story.

please continue real soon.

i love storys with Legolas and the twins
YunaDax chapter 2 . 2/2/2003
OO do I detect a sense of FOREBODING? hope so :) I'm seriously loving this fic.. the Twins utterly rock, as does Mr Mirkwood himself.

Keep up the good work!
Larus chapter 2 . 2/1/2003
I'm just gonna drop a few short lines because I'm really in a hurry here (it's my brother's birthday and my parents aren't very pleased with my sitting at my computer all the time...). But the story is going on great, nothing to complain on that sector. Altough I hope that you're planning on having at least some action at some point, maybe later. I know that Legolas and the twins are still young in this one but that really doesn't prevent them from getting into trouble, does it (I'd imagine the opposite)?

I gotta go...

Kiitos,

Larus
Kal the Magnificent chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Tee hee... no such thing as giant spiders... aren't they going to be in for a surprise... I presume there will be one? Elahir... I like that... hey you always works also. Or he could break one of their bones, and tell them apart that way.

Hugs and Cookies )
Jocelyn chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Famous last words!

Oh boy, oh boy (rubs hands together) how much more mischief and misadventures can those little urchins get into? This is too cute. Awww, Legolas is such a little sweet thing, not wanting to kill the wolf.

Update soon!
daw the minstrel chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
So the three of them were frightened, and in my opinion, they should have been! Legolas in particular should have known better than to fool around with wolf cubs. There's always a mother around somewhere. At least he had the good sense to tell them about the spiders, although they don't seem to have believed him. Trouble ahead, I'd say.
JastaElf chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Oh, Jay, that was grand fun...

"Never again", sez Elrond, and you know? I'm beginning to understand why!

And the bit at the end? I'm hearing the soundtrack go to a minor key... (grin) "They can’t be as big as he says. There’s no such thing as giant spiders!"

HAH!

Can't wait to see what happens next... *peeking between fingers...*
Nilmandra chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Ellahir. Good plan on the part of Legolas! I'm going to do the same. Ellahirs.

I was just asking how Legolas knew where the spiders hibernated...could this be how?

And of course, being mischievous, the twins would think that Legolas was teasing them...and I would guess they are going to find out there are big spiders!

Nice descriptions of the place...
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
I loved the idea that Arwen can tell the twins apart even when Elrond can't. And I think Elrond is just messing with the twins' minds when he says he's not sure which one is older. This story promises to be highly entertaining!
520 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 Next »