Reviews for With Friends Like These
PokethePenguin chapter 2 . 2/2/2003
YEAH

love the story.

please continue real soon.

i love storys with Legolas and the twins
YunaDax chapter 2 . 2/2/2003
OO do I detect a sense of FOREBODING? hope so :) I'm seriously loving this fic.. the Twins utterly rock, as does Mr Mirkwood himself.

Keep up the good work!
Larus chapter 2 . 2/1/2003
I'm just gonna drop a few short lines because I'm really in a hurry here (it's my brother's birthday and my parents aren't very pleased with my sitting at my computer all the time...). But the story is going on great, nothing to complain on that sector. Altough I hope that you're planning on having at least some action at some point, maybe later. I know that Legolas and the twins are still young in this one but that really doesn't prevent them from getting into trouble, does it (I'd imagine the opposite)?

I gotta go...

Kiitos,

Larus
Kal the Magnificent chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Tee hee... no such thing as giant spiders... aren't they going to be in for a surprise... I presume there will be one? Elahir... I like that... hey you always works also. Or he could break one of their bones, and tell them apart that way.

Hugs and Cookies )
Jocelyn chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Famous last words!

Oh boy, oh boy (rubs hands together) how much more mischief and misadventures can those little urchins get into? This is too cute. Awww, Legolas is such a little sweet thing, not wanting to kill the wolf.

Update soon!
daw the minstrel chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
So the three of them were frightened, and in my opinion, they should have been! Legolas in particular should have known better than to fool around with wolf cubs. There's always a mother around somewhere. At least he had the good sense to tell them about the spiders, although they don't seem to have believed him. Trouble ahead, I'd say.
JastaElf chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Oh, Jay, that was grand fun...

"Never again", sez Elrond, and you know? I'm beginning to understand why!

And the bit at the end? I'm hearing the soundtrack go to a minor key... (grin) "They can’t be as big as he says. There’s no such thing as giant spiders!"

HAH!

Can't wait to see what happens next... *peeking between fingers...*
Nilmandra chapter 2 . 1/31/2003
Ellahir. Good plan on the part of Legolas! I'm going to do the same. Ellahirs.

I was just asking how Legolas knew where the spiders hibernated...could this be how?

And of course, being mischievous, the twins would think that Legolas was teasing them...and I would guess they are going to find out there are big spiders!

Nice descriptions of the place...
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
I loved the idea that Arwen can tell the twins apart even when Elrond can't. And I think Elrond is just messing with the twins' minds when he says he's not sure which one is older. This story promises to be highly entertaining!
Zetta chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
lol, great start! Makes me want to have a twin all that much more... *sigh*

Anyway, has lots of potential, and I look forward to reading more!
Larus chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Finally a new story from you! To tell you the truth I was getting a bit frustrated with all this Mary Sue stuff around, so it's really a great relief to read something decent for a change...

But anyway, to get on with my review here: I can't tell you how glad I am that you decided to do another story with the twins in it! I absolutely adore them, and Elrond of course, and this first chapter presented them exactly the way I like them the most (you know, funny, witty, creative and so on...). I'm waiting eagerly for the next installment, so post up soon!

Kiitos,

Larus
TreeHugger chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
I like the twins already. Full of pertinent questions. Of course, Elrond is rather like a king. ;) Very, very tactful way to put it.

"Of course not," said Elrohir virtuously.

"We'll behave," added Elladan.

Hmm...I think that I would be feeling slightly anxious too, if I were Lord Elrond. :)

LOL This is too funny! The best kind of twin prank there is. Now if Elrond can't tell them apart, how in all of Ennor will anyone else? And of course by calling each other "El" who will know which is which? :)

LOL again to the introduction, handled very tactfully once more by Elrond. *snicker* Wicked younglings!

You have captured the rivalry that exists between sibling so very well! I remember this only too well! I am not a twin, being stuck in the middle, but I remember the older vs. the younger and what rights you are entitled to as the older.

LOL So Elrohir might just be the eldest? Woot! That is funny! He loves the idea and Elladan is less than pleased. LOL to Erestor for continuing this in such a marvelous fashion.

Since Elladan said he doesn't care what Celebrian will say when they return home, then he probably does care. LOL

So how long before Legolas can keep them straight?

Ah, so a smudge exists,and still they try to trick him, even when Elrond tries to set him straight. Hah! Can't fool Thranduil's son, can they! Score one for Mirkwood!

Interesting? Oh my, yes! That is one word that could describe it!

This promises to be fun, Jay! More please!

Elenath sila am le!
Soledad too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Hilariously funny! I hope it will be a long, long series.
Jedi Honor Bound Ninja chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Ohhh So funny!

Im glad you posted the link to this one, cause I might have missed out.

I love the little "switch up" that the twins are playing, and i love even more than Legolas is privy to there game!

I hope you write more, this is definately going in my favorites.

OH and I think you should keep the Tittle just the way it is! (its perfect ;))

-Insane Muse
Jocelyn chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
BraVO! I'm giggling like a moron and all my new roommates think I'm odd! I thought the flashbacks in "To the Ends of Middle Earth" were adorable, but this one has set the cuteness scale to a whole new level.

I think you've got the characterization of all our dear boys down pat. It is just too darling for words. I love the twin games, and I'm surprised that nobody has thought to explore that particular possibility for elf mischief before. I imagine those two being just the cutest little rascals known to men. They remind me of the Weasley twins from "Harry Potter," (and believe me, that's a good thing!)

And Legolas is just a tad brighter than your average little elfling. He seems just a bit more serious than most kids his age, certainly more than the twins, who are five years older than him. But that fits in with what I imagine of his personality, and makes him seem a little more like his father, Thranduil, who does NOT seem the type prone to frivolity. On the other hand, he's still a wee elf and he's bound to get into mischief with little corruptors like the Peredhil twins around!

You're off to a fabulous start! I can't wait for the next chapter! Update soon!
514 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 Next »