Reviews for A Little Knowledge
Fitoor chapter 1 . 5/1
Well written. Though for a moment at the end I was worried that the entire story would turn out to be just Harry watching the mirror. That the Horcrux hunting, the duel at the ministry was all his delusion.
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 1 . 3/11
I don’t think he would waste away in front of it. He set clear rules for himself. Unless he wanted his brain to explode, he would just do minimal memory transfers per day. How could he waste away in front of the mirror if he conjures the desire for knowledge, fasts the spell, then walks away? When his head gets the “full” feeling, he can’t do anything else or he risks dying.
So there’s no need to leave that Twilight Zone ending. It doesn’t make sense given the way he was abusing the mirror. He developed a foolproof way to use it.
Latarra chapter 1 . 3/8
Spoiler alert

So the question iswas ANY of it true after the first viewing, or was it all a visuon?
Cynfulme chapter 1 . 12/4/2021
Well done
tfuinsah chapter 1 . 11/17/2021
I like the ending, though I wish we could've seen more of what he learned. Honestly the ending and his drive for knowledge could be a really good setting for another story down the line. Something about him being lost in his pursuit and coming out the other side a vastly different person. I don't doubt that he would gain immortality just to keep learning.
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 11/2/2021
Ultimate, indeed, considering he's actually ensnared in the frigging afterlife.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2021
I like the idea that the mirror shows just as they are when they become completely ensnared.
rubywolffire chapter 1 . 9/12/2021
have to congratulate you on a very novel story
Zile0 chapter 1 . 7/15/2021
While I confess to being one of those readers who likes a happy ending, this story is very well done and the ending makes a great deal of sense. Your story made me stop and think about why, how things could end this way. Well done and thank you.
Camillus Seth chapter 1 . 7/2/2021
I think that the Arthur Weasley part was the best.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2021
4fundaore chapter 1 . 5/20/2021
Thanks
aceaquila chapter 1 . 4/5/2021
holy shit I did not expect this story at all but it somehow it everything I wanted? so good! thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2021
Almost four entire days passed before Harry finally realized that not only was he thirsty, he was hungry and a bit chilled, as well, what with the no-clothing situation. He wondered why his mind kept being drawn to learning, to exploring new facets of things he'd never actually cared at all about in the past...until finally, from the veriest edges of what remained of his own, original consciousness, he remembered the words of his somewhat loved, somewhat loathed Headmaster.

"Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen …"

Suddenly his other self appeared standing before himself yet this mirrored representation appeared almost gaunt as though his skin were tightened across his so-familiar features. The scarily urgent expression on his face prompted action - immediate action - but Harry didn't know what to do, didn't know what he wanted himself to do so urgently.

So he raised his wand and invited his other self's knowledge into his mind, and then he knew.

Two days later he regained consciousness in the Hospital Wing, weak, exhausted, but free.

A Fidelus charm won't keep a mirror in a pocket from breaking during a hard landing in a hallway outside a hidden room.
Nonyaarb chapter 1 . 3/6/2021