Reviews for A Little Knowledge
aceaquila chapter 1 . 4/5
holy shit I did not expect this story at all but it somehow it everything I wanted? so good! thanks for sharing!
Almost four entire days passed before Harry finally realized that not only was he thirsty, he was hungry and a bit chilled, as well, what with the no-clothing situation. He wondered why his mind kept being drawn to learning, to exploring new facets of things he'd never actually cared at all about in the past...until finally, from the veriest edges of what remained of his own, original consciousness, he remembered the words of his somewhat loved, somewhat loathed Headmaster.

"Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen …"

Suddenly his other self appeared standing before himself yet this mirrored representation appeared almost gaunt as though his skin were tightened across his so-familiar features. The scarily urgent expression on his face prompted action - immediate action - but Harry didn't know what to do, didn't know what he wanted himself to do so urgently.

So he raised his wand and invited his other self's knowledge into his mind, and then he knew.

Two days later he regained consciousness in the Hospital Wing, weak, exhausted, but free.

A Fidelus charm won't keep a mirror in a pocket from breaking during a hard landing in a hallway outside a hidden room.
Nonyaarb chapter 1 . 3/6
ho-ly crap
Homarid chapter 1 . 3/2
Wow that was great. It took me too long to understand that Harry was somehow casting the spells on the person in the mirror. I thought it was reflecting it back at him or something at first. After I understood though the rest of the story became clear. The ending was sad and perfect. Thank you for the story.
GreenEyesAreAwesome chapter 1 . 2/27
good one. not much of a fan of bad endings but it fits.
stevem1 chapter 1 . 1/28
Wow. This was a clever idea, taken to a tragic extreme. Very well thought out.
Low-Lying chapter 1 . 11/3/2020
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! Short and sweet, not long winded
petalssunwards chapter 1 . 9/1/2020
holy fuck! this was so so so good!
John Lasko chapter 1 . 6/6/2020
Here's a review for you!
NazgulBelserion chapter 1 . 5/23/2020
I always detested Harry's whole I want to be normal it's so disgusting that he doesn't realize he sounds just like the dursleys I always hated that
agentplanty1 chapter 1 . 4/24/2020
Love how you chose to end it. Sad but cool story.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/17/2020
Amusing or cool
RFDN chapter 1 . 1/31/2020
This is an amazing story, but I have three issues with it

1. How does the mirror have a mind? I get that you are saying the mirror is creating a reflection of a being that has the knowledge Harry wants but well in book 1 we actually confirm that it doesn't work this way. If it did then Quirl would have learned how to get the stone and then trick the Mirror to give him the stone for Voldemort.

2. Harry actually did die to the killing curse he just came back. That is an issue JK Rolling made but it's still the truth of the matter. Also the snake is still around so Tom will likely be coming back and giving Harry the memories from the books about the Horcruxes means he also should have known that.

3. Why was the mirror in the corridor. Dumbledore is many things but he was particularly careful about that artifact not being able to harm the majority of the students. Just the one he planned to have die and as a consequence Ronald Weasley was also exposed. He made sure to expose Harry during the winter holidays and then he made sure that it was in the hidden corridor before other students arived. Although we never hear about it again it appears to be put into a secure storage area like the goblet of fire was.
majere4 chapter 1 . 1/28/2020
While certainly not the ending I would hope for, definitely and ending that makes sense, all things considered.
gginsc chapter 1 . 1/20/2020
Yes, I want to kill you!