Reviews for Good Morning Chernobyl
ReverendWAnondry chapter 6 . 6/20
Oh, this story seemed like it was going amazing places! Too bad it’s dead, I would have loved to have seen where the author took it.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/7/2017
I completely lost it at the part when the bandits go "Bruh. We're not even Russian."
For a moment I thought you actually killed Washer and I may have cursed you a bit, but now that Bes rescued them I hope this means he's gonna be OK-ish. And Natasha bluffing with the grenade and later throwing an empty Makarov to the bandit's head was great XD
Nail Strafer chapter 6 . 7/5/2017
Liked how that one bandit mentioned he's not even Russian. Which makes sense, since this is Ukraine, not Russia. Although I think it's a funny joke on how many Westerners (myself included at times) tend to think of the old Soviet Union as one monolithic Russian entity, you know? Even better is when the bandits accept Washer's apology...THEN demand their loot.

You know, I'll admit Nastasha's hijinks and mistakes in the zone are still funny, but I think it's starting to wear a little thin. The story doesn't really feel like it's going anywhere at the moment. I'd just like to see some more plot development now as opposed to more pratfalls.

And who's this Bes guy? Is he a character in the game? I could see someone having a name like his though, with how unusual the nicknames are in the Zone. I suppose it is nice to see a stranger who's not trying to kill/rape Nastasha though.
Bob the Turtle chapter 6 . 7/5/2017
AHAHAAH BES MY MAN
veryanonnymous chapter 6 . 7/5/2017
My heart sank when I read the chapter's title. Please, don't remove Washer. ;-;

Reading Cyrillic with Latin letters is extremely confusing.

Short chapter but so full of action! I really enjoyed it, except for Washer's current situation. Natasha would make a good stalker, despite her inability to activate nailbombs.
clonecomf chapter 5 . 6/3/2017
As usual another well written chapter. Keep it up!
hope-to-last chapter 5 . 6/2/2017
Poor Mike, that was a nasty way to go. Although the alternative was to slowly die of extreme radiation poisoning, so he was utterly fucked either way. A shame, I liked him. But Natasha is fine (possible damage to her sanity notwithstanding), and so is Washer! I hope that if the bandits are still after their trail, they'll get a visit from our bloodsucker friend... :D
B0ltzy chapter 5 . 6/1/2017
Hey, you know that thing that usually claws people to death? Yeah, Washer can beat one to death, apparently. And people say Strelok was a good Stalker.
veryanonnymous chapter 5 . 6/1/2017
A-HA! They made it! :D But poor Mike, r.i.p.

Anyway, Washer the remover of bloodsuckers. Serbs are indeed afraid of nothing!

Just the fact that they're okay makes up for the small chapter. I really hope they'll be fine and that the bandits won't catch them.
Nail Strafer chapter 5 . 6/1/2017
I really like these short chapters you put up. Some of the authors I follow in the Star Fox archive are getting crazy with their chapter lengths (15K words) and yours are a nice change from that.

It's probably for the best Mike got taken out like this. Even if he made it out of the Zone, I bet Nastasha's right about his chances of surviving the radiation poisoning. He'd either die quickly or he'd never be able to lead a normal life ever again.

Ever see the movie Deep Rising? It's a horror film with a gigantic sea monster on a cruise ship, and there's a group of mercenaries trying to find a way off the boat before they're all eaten. One of them has a very thick English accent and he taunted the monster right before it got him. Mike's ranting and gloating before the bloodsucker got him feel exactly like that. I like that movie so I'd say that's a plus.

Good way to raise the tension by having Mike waste her ammo and spill her crap all over the place, leaving her to fight the bloodsucker alone. Good thinking using her cell phone as a momentary distraction like that.

Also, Nastasha hid inside the crane cabin and then she jumped into the back of a dump truck. But aren't most vehicles in the Zone highly irradiated? Jeez, I hope Nastasha didn't just doom herself to suffer Mike's fate there.

Oh yeah, and I totally called it on Washer not being dead :) Real badass, fighting off that bloodsucker with a magazine and a bullet stab. Also, that joke about Twilight vampires was the best joke I've read in a long, long time here. I was laughing for like half a minute after that.

It really does seem the two of them are warming up to each other now, especially with Washer complimenting Nastasha on her shooting skills.
hope-to-last chapter 4 . 5/30/2017
I just read all chapters in a row and I must say this story is freaking epic, consider me totally hooked!
Nail Strafer chapter 4 . 5/21/2017
I like the opening part of this chapter with Washer trying to get her to shoot the dead body. Definitely sounds like something a veteran Zone stalker would do to train a newbie. I'm kinda surprised Nastasha hasn't figured out yet that she's going to have to do disagreeable things to get out of here alive though. She's been out there for a couple days now right?

Looks like the bandits are back. I like how you call them tracksuits. Bout as funny as they are in-game too. That poor guy who got the firing bolt right to the forehead... That was awesome. I was laughing at that bit. I guess you've played Metro as well since you're calling their AK's Kalashes.

Loved the bit where Nastasha rants in English too and Washer's getting all pissed at her about it. See, this is more what I thought the story was going to be like when I first started reading it, so I'm glad it's veering back in this direction.

Those nicknames for the bandits are great too, and that's definitely how I think they would operate as a group. Loved the bit about how they were 'buried' with bandit's honors too. Nice bait and switch joke there.

Dear lord, poor Mike. Especially when you mentioned that eyeball. Too bad he decided to hide inside that truck, when Washer mentioned earlier to avoid wrecked vehicles. Reminds me of that acid bath part in the first Robocop movie. I'm surprised he still had the energy to keep running like that in his state. Guess he lost his radiation detector too...considering that would have warned him to stay far away from radioactive areas.

I get the feeling that the bloodsucker didn't get Washer though. You didn't show him actually dying, and that last shot could easily be Washer finishing it off. I'm not calling him dead until I see a body.
clonecomf chapter 4 . 5/21/2017
That was a quick update!
Another great chapter. I think you managed to create the feeling of fear and tension at the end of the chapter really well.
Bob the Turtle chapter 4 . 5/18/2017
Bloodsuckers. Fucking bloodsuckers. Always ruining everyone's day when you least expect it.
veryanonnymous chapter 4 . 5/18/2017
Now, this was the most epic thing I have EVER read! And probably the funniest.
Heck, the existencial crisis of that poor, poor rifle was just... it was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. The not-bandit direction was glorious.
That group of bandits... well, they're indeed Zone thugs. I hope they find their collective death in an anomaly.
And they should really eat Flesh or Boar shashlik in the games.

Indeed, Serbia strong! Nice to know a little about Washer, the only character in this story that I deem able of adulting and surviving and removing threats. I really hope he catches up soon with Natasha and the living-dead Irishman, because both Natasha and Mike seem pretty incapable of surviving in the Zone for their own (and since Mike is dying and is going to leave Natasha all alone, I honestly hope Washer shows up and stops her from running into trouble).

Can't wait for more! :D