Reviews for Good Morning Chernobyl
B0ltzy chapter 4 . 5/18/2017
Washer noooooo, you were the only competent one here.
Nail Strafer chapter 3 . 5/14/2017
I'm a little sad this isn't longer too. You basically doing this to reestablish yourself on the site? Or that's what I gather. What is here is good though. I liked getting to see Nastasha before her adventure into the Zone.

Sounds like she really hates living in England...especially how no one else seems to be able to hold their liquor. Why'm I not surprised? XD I also like the little subtitles she attaches to each day of the week as she looks through her journal.

No small accomplishment getting a pistol in England, that's for sure. I like how you mentioned the Makarov still had a faded red star on it. Gives the gun a little character beyond merely being a tool for her. Only sixteen bullets though? Damn... Not surprised, obtaining it illegally like that, but with how weak that thing is in-game she sure wouldn't be able to do much with it. At the start of Shadow of Chernobyl I fired off as many shots at some bandits, didn't kill anybody, then they killed me just about instantly after that.

After reading so many fics in the Star Fox universe, it feels really weird coming back to a setting in the 'real world', so to speak. When I studied abroad in England in 2005, we stayed in London. So I probably have seen Tottenham while I was there. Our local tube station was Tottenham Court Road.
veryanonnymous chapter 3 . 5/13/2017
Aw, such a tiny update! :(

But it's nice to see what leaded Natasha to cheeki breeki land. The part about the Zone giving her hope made me curious and a bit confused about her intentions; did she intend to go to the Zone since the beginning?, was she only interested in the money from the documentary?
clonecomf chapter 3 . 5/12/2017
Nice to see an update! Interesting Chapter.
clonecomf chapter 2 . 2/8/2017
Absolutely Cheeki Breeki. Plz continue.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/1/2016
Good story, please continue!
Nail Strafer chapter 2 . 9/5/2016
I really liked reading this. I bought the whole S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series on Steam last July and I'm really getting into it and all the lore. Very tough games, but I absolutely love the setting and the gameplay. Reading this basically gives me all the feelings I experience while I'm playing so you did a very good job capturing the mood and atmosphere of the Zone.

When I started reading this, I thought the story was going to mostly be comedy. Nastasha being totally out of her depth and not knowing anything about how to survive in the Zone is a great source of humor. Well...that sure didn't last too long. Probably the point where they found that artifact and it rotted that guy's body away when he picked it up. That was real mood whiplash there. Not saying it's a bad thing though. The humor at the start is a nice way to ease the reader into this adventure before the reality of the Zone sets in.

One thing I loved was Washer's general apathy about all the death and carnage around him. I play Fallout games as well. In Fallout I'd be downright mournful if one of my companions died, and I would quickly go back to a prior save to try to keep them alive. In S.T.A.L.K.E.R., if a character dies, I'm like "Sweet, I can take their shit now!" It's because in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. characters tend to drop like flies, plus most characters in a faction have the same few character models. Kinda hard to feel sympathetic about a sea of clones, you know? While Nastasha is horrified at the things she finds in the Zone, I completely understand Washer's "meh" outlook. That's just how you have to play the game if you want to survive.

I especially liked all the jabs you took at the bandits and their goddamn tracksuits. Seriously, I want to know what is up with Adidas and the former Communist bloc. I think they're the most annoying faction in the game, and when I started playing Clear Sky I didn't waste any time siding with the Loners to take on the bandits. At least some of their dialogue is kinda funny...like that 'cheeki breeki' line.

Also, Grisha was a great way to introduce Nastasha to how you can lose your mind in the Zone and become a zombie. That's real good world-building there, because it introduces a concept and you provide exposition on it without it *feeling* like exposition.

So I'm guessing for the rest of the story, we're just going to focus on Nastasha and Washer. And Nastasha's going to end up adapting to the Zone and figuring out how to survive in it long enough to get out...or will she end up choosing/having to stay? As you've said, most people when they enter the zone they just don't leave for whatever reason. Makes me wonder if Nastasha may end up having the same fate.

Anyway I'll put down a follow. My main hangout on this site is the Star Fox archive, but I like to visit other archives every now and then. It's a nice break from what I usually do around here.
Bob the Turtle chapter 2 . 7/31/2016
That rifle is gonna explode isn't it?
veryanonnymous chapter 2 . 7/12/2016
Mr. Laundryman... XD

Nice chapter, I hope they can escape the bandits.
veryanonnymous chapter 1 . 6/28/2016
Damn, this is good! Can't wait for an update!
25 | « Prev Page 1 2