Reviews for By Its Nature, Deceitful
IShipMaskyXHoodie chapter 2 . 3/10
That made me cry because I know that it could happen to anyone and some might not be as lucky as Ori if no one knows how to swim or do CPR. It is a good story but it also serves as a warning for how easily it can happen if you are not careful. God, I an literally crying right about now
TheRedScreech chapter 2 . 5/19/2017
Wonderful! So much angst and fluff!
Guest chapter 2 . 1/4/2017
I love this story! It's really an interesting insight to how Bilbo grew up, and what effect his parents had on him. I hope you continue on with this :)
thewolf74 chapter 2 . 12/29/2016
I'm happy that Bilbo's mother taught him how to swim, and how to save someone's life..
Zyenna chapter 2 . 12/24/2016
I'm very interested to see what happens next! Pleeeeaaaaase update soon!
MyPaperHeart16 chapter 2 . 9/16/2016
Ermagerd it's so fluffy!

Authors like you really make me realize how much I adore the bond between Nori and Ori (even if we didn't really get to see it in the movies. Although we got to see the mothering hen Dori and Ori in the movies and not as much in this so it balances out.)

Although I almost wish fussy ol' Dori had been awake when Ori finally woke up, he probably would've almost strangled Ori trying to take care of him, so maybe it was for the best.

You really bring out sides of Nori that I wish we had got to see more. While he is a thief, I'd like to think he's got a little soft spot for his little brother.

I also love how you show others can be affected by tragedy, whether or not things turn out alright in the end or not.

You bring wonderful insight into each of the characters you focused on, such as Bofur when he thinks about all the dwarrow that went through a similar situation to Ori, or Thorin wishing for his brother.

I loved you style of writing, it was absolutely amazing. I wish I could write even half as good as you do. You almost make me want to go wake my little brother up and give him a hug. Except I'm like Nori in the sense that I'm not a very tactile person.

Anyways, I adored your story, I hope you do more like this in the future (I mean, stories showing the bond between the Ri brothers that we didn't get the chance to see in the movies). Now I'm off to see what else you have on this site.
singingoompaloompas chapter 2 . 8/18/2016
I loved it! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope to learn more about this universe.
johnsarmylady chapter 2 . 8/16/2016
Oh that was priceless! And yes please, The Pinecone Incident is most definitely needed!
PlaidOtaku chapter 2 . 6/28/2016
Omg I love this so much! I do hope you continue this! maybe make it a sort of oneshot series where you tell little funny or dramatic stories and show Bilbo putting all his knowledge to use on the journey?
CoffeeRanger chapter 2 . 6/25/2016
Awwww! This chapter was amazing! I love family feels and this one was great! The Khuzdul expressions were a wonderful touch. The brothers Ri were absolutely adorable and I can so see Dori actually having to be knocked out because he wont stop fretting.

I am so glad Bilbo is all right. What with the title and the ending of the last chapter I thought for sure you were going to kill him. Is there going to be a third chapter with him waking up?

Amazing job! Thanks so much for sharing with us!
aims123 chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
this is brilliant. original and well wrote.
DarkHunteress25 chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
That was an amazing read. Please could you add a few more parts? This is one of the best I've read.