Reviews for The Bonds that Keep Us
Moon Lantern chapter 6 . 1/29/2013
Balefire, this is a really amazing, heart warming and moving story! Hats off to you!
I'm glad you didn't make this a slash story, because bromance and true friendship are way better and way more powerful, in my humble opinion.
I was really moved by Aragorn's dream and letter, and the flashbacks, especially when Aragorn gave Legolas his bow.
I had a hunch that Legolas would die, and it was so heart wrenching when he did, I shed some silent manly tears just reading it.
I would have liked to see a state funeral for Legolas, where everyone especially Gimli, the Hobbits and Gandalf pay their respects, I think it would make the story more poignant.
Also, surely Legolas is more likely to arrive with the Mirkwood army? By the way, the Elves use scimitars (remember Haldir?), not the Orcs. They use falchions, or sometimes cutlasses. But apart from that, a really fantastic story!
Naomi Bridges chapter 6 . 9/20/2010
Wickd! best story i've read so far and i've read a lot of fanfics because i have no life.
bowman useless chapter 5 . 9/20/2010
here i wuz thinking he'd leap off the ship and start swimming!
the BAsement chapter 4 . 9/20/2010
shame on legolas! but i sorta agree, i mean come on! they're leaving and when they come back (if they do) Gondor will have fallen so does it really matter when? by the time they come back it'll be new york (chuckle, jk)
OrcSlayer chapter 3 . 9/20/2010
I was so surprised (when i read the book) that legolas was from mirkwood, that creepy dark forest in the Hobbit. That forest was so disturbing, how could legolas enjoy living there?
fdvv chapter 2 . 9/20/2010
there's no way gimli's kin r coming to help. they wouldn't come the first time (the Battle of the Pelennor FIelds or the Last Battle) or the last time, even when Middle-Earth hung in the balance. sorry. i'll shut up. oh and aragorn would NOT say prissy. i just know
v chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
aragorn just spazzed out, but understandingly. but he really shud think about the Mirkwoods sea longing. Man I hate that! everyone will miss the elves when they're gone! when will they come back? will my favorite race come back? (sob, sob)Poor aragorn, knowing his best friend lives somewhere in the world that he cannot reach. And that best friend outlives him so long he might not be able to remember him or Middle Earth. Or will they return? I'm sorry, I'll stop ranting.
daisymall13 chapter 6 . 2/17/2010
(yes I know... 7 years late BUT it is a review)

This has got to be one of my favorite stories on here. Well done!
RiverOtter1 chapter 6 . 7/31/2009
Hello there!

...

...

Wow... That was... beautiful! So incredibly sad and heart wrenching... but beautiful. Wow, I'm speechless. So sad though. Though I guess it is neccasary to have death in stories. Without it, they wouldn't be half as good. Though I am still very sad. :(

Keep up the amazing work!

-RiverOtter1
linn152 chapter 6 . 3/29/2008
*tear*

That was breath-taking, gut-wrenching, an incredibly depressing ending, and absolutely amazing to read.

I can't say I've liked many stories that end with one of my favourite character's death but your's is one of the very VERY few. That was fantastic and I really hope to hear more of your stories...soon?

Please? I'll bake you a muffin! Though chances are it'll be black. And I don't mean from the chocolate. *Fire alarms go off*
Love.Heals chapter 6 . 2/28/2008
.You...you killed legolas! How could you? gr...lol good story but couldnt you have killed aragorn instead lol
StarLight9 chapter 6 . 9/26/2007
Hi! This is a great story and I enjoyed it a lot! (althought I guessed right that Legolas was going to die :D) ANyway, nice work, and I'll certainly take a look at your other stories.
sUnKiSsT chapter 6 . 11/2/2006
sobs...so sad!
Rutu chapter 6 . 12/9/2005
*still sobbing*. . .this was one of the most poignant stories I have ever read. . .it's going on my faves list and C2 community right now. . .OMG, when I read Aragorn's letter, I was crying so hard, I had to stop reading for a couple of minutes to be still enough to read. . .this is truly an amazing story. . .have you ever thought of publishing anything? I'd be one of the first to read it.
Kestrel of Valinor chapter 6 . 2/6/2005
OMG! You killed Legolas...If I known it had been him I would not have read this.

I think Aragonr should have died instead...everyone likes Legolas better.

I was so dissapointed when Legolas died.

How could you.