Reviews for The Shock of it All
Secre chapter 47 . 12/3
I've been noting an increasing amount of grammatical slips, missing words and typos in these last few chapters. It might be worth running over them with a fine tooth comb once more as they do serve to jar the reader out of the story.
MAST3R666 chapter 58 . 11/24
I would love it if you made sequel to this one, and I think many would agree. However, if there is already one I would like it if you pointed me to it.
MAST3R666 chapter 33 . 11/23
I just remembered the names of the founders. Rowena Ravenclaw, Helena Hufflepuff, Salazar Slitheryn, and Godric Gryffindor. It's not Helena Ravenclaw. The first letter of their first and last name are the same.
Vercalos chapter 12 . 11/11
For what it's worth, you could justify the MIB reference by using the comics. They weren't nearly as lighthearted as the film ended up being(the MIB could be a lot more casually cruel), but they existed in 1994(the year GoF takes place.
jon reeve chapter 58 . 11/9
/Oh, I guess when I last read this, the story wan't finished yet. All tied up with a bow, eh. Funny that Hermione ending up with the twins melds better than her with Ron.

/I think one of my favourite parts of hp fanfiction is the different interpretations of crumple-horned snorckacks that people come up with.

/I was looking through my favourites list for fics to re-read when I found this. I hadn't realized at the time that it was unfinished when I last read it because I rarely add incomplete stories to my favourites because sometimes they degress sharply towards the middle or end. This one will stay.

Thanks for writing!
jon reeve chapter 26 . 11/6
/It's been a while since I read this one, but I think you're going to stick Hermione with Neville. That's okay, but I always look forward to some lunar harmony.
ironhair chapter 58 . 11/6
very interesting story. I avoided reading it before because you said harry was an arse and it put me off. I found the swearing a bit off-putting and wondered where that was supposed to come from - one week on the streets? - stretching it a bit, bearing in mind he comes from a polite, if pathological - middle class surrey household where swearing would be anathema, however I appreciate you wanted to write a harry completely different to canon. Enjoyably different, but I think you were very hard on sirius leaving him with memories of Death with no clear reason why. The poor man has suffered enough! Thanks for sharing.
Are we to assume this amnesiac harry is the 'real' harry? i imagine he would have to be a very strong character to survive 10 years of belittling and servitude without cracking.
Nicol chapter 58 . 10/28
Thank u.
I enjoyed ur tale.
Nicol
IronHair chapter 1 . 10/25
Rereading
yes because voldy sick plan was to take over the world then when done return to Hogwarts and teach defense against the dark arts
muggle ways of doing thing are not accepted in wizard court so barty sr would be scott free.
mike chapter 54 . 10/15
there is no such thing as a fair fight only a winner and a loser.
mike chapter 50 . 10/14
never understood why the writer of harry potter used goblins to run the bank because goblin are all thieves killers scavengers not to be trusted in anyway
2,415 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »