Reviews for STG Investigative Report : Tela Vasir
AlexN7 chapter 2 . 7/18/2016
I love how you've juxtaposed the cold and clinical report from the STG with this little snippet of a day in the life of Tela Vasir. It allows the reader to get a little bit of perspective on the notes from the previous chapter. I like this setup, and I like that it looks like you're taking the same approach with the other STG Investigative Reports. I know you've marked this story as complete, but if I may suggest, make that a soft complete. I think this would be a good place to put other little snippets of story related to Tela Vasir that you might come up with and want to get out of your head. The STG Investigative Reports stories could be a good dumping ground for little one shots related to whomever that particular title is about. I know you probably don't have a lot of time after working on the main story, but just a suggestion I thought I'd throw out there.
Nogui chapter 2 . 6/27/2016
Damm, she is one poor soul. Are you trying to outdo yourself with depressing lifestories everytime you flesh out a character? If so, you are doing an excellent job.

Her "boss fight" in the "Shadow Broker DLC" is going to be one hell of a feels trip.

It's interesting to see more about the Shadow Broker. The salarians and asari know that there have been multiple Brokers, and that they apparently have existed for a very long time. Makes sense, to become such a mythical, all reaching figure the thing can't have started less than a few decades with whatever salarian was there before the yahg came.
Khellendrosiic chapter 2 . 6/27/2016
...what the hell, man. This actually made me feel sorry for Vasir. I'm kind of hoping she finds out Aethyta and Shepard are alive before shit goes off the rails.
Modify the Lifestream chapter 2 . 6/26/2016
liked meeting Tela in the game, then pissed at the Insanity level fight where she just wouldn't die.
Nice to see a new outlook where Tela isn't a complete bitch like the main series...almost like looking at a variation of Shepard, but considering its a Of Sheep and Battle Chicken universe, pretty much everyone has messed up lives in the grimmdark ME AU.

Also happy with the start of the first Shepard VS Collectors rematch.
Nefer Ka Re chapter 2 . 6/26/2016
Interesting to contrast your Vasir with ME2 Vasir and the Vasir of Capt'n Cryssalids "Psi Effect": Both of the latter come across as treasonous glory hounds, exploiting their Spectre status for the benefit of the Broker and their own legend of being "Most Badass and Best Spectre Evah!" (reminding me of a competent and evil Zapp Brannigan almost)

While this Vasir seems to be fundamentally doing a good job for the Council while having a shady sideline in doing well paid favours for the Broker, one of those favours being betraying a relative, which blew up spectacularly and led to the deaths of everyone she cared for...

I'm surprised the Broker hasn't tried to set her up to be killed...

She'd be an excellent recruit for Frankenshep :)
oncoming-traffic chapter 2 . 6/26/2016
So your Tela also travels first class on the angst-train. Truly interesting. And I thought she was younger. Huh. She was a grey character to begin with and this makes her equal parts sympathetic and antagonistic. I won't be surprised if she survives your version of LotSB only to die a gruesome and heart-wrenching death later on.

You painted a good contrast between the STG report and the reality of Tela's life. Officially an undisputed badass Spectre, and privately a person who has given up on pursuing personal happiness. I can now understand her despondency at loosing Aethyta.
kainono chapter 2 . 6/25/2016
So Tela is basically Shep if she was an asari and wasn't a optimistic? With this insight on your version of Tela Vasir the LotSB got even more interesting, I'm looking forward to see all the pieces fall into place.

ps: i was about to post this when i remembered that in the game Vasir is more or less a reflection of Shepard and it struck me how f'ing brilliant this little piece is. really well done.
mrosera chapter 2 . 6/24/2016
The first section you can see she's a broken figure, but the second . . .
Her Spectre status is the only thing keeping her going.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 2 . 6/24/2016
lov
5 Coloured Walker chapter 2 . 6/24/2016
Not like an Asari Shepard at all.

That said, an amazing chapter, I eagerly await more (Of whatever story.)
Himuradono chapter 2 . 6/23/2016
Depressing but you still gave her more character and personality than the game developers ever bothered with.

You know, Aethyta did mention she had a kid in the Serrice Guard(in game it was her child from her relationship with a hanar). It'd be really crazy(and kinky) if Tela turned out to be her kid. I hope you will get to write a chapter where Liara, Tela and Aethyta have a long heart to heart.

As for the Broker. Ugh. He needs a killing.
gnurd chapter 2 . 6/23/2016
Oh, is Vasir an Ardat-Yakshi? Shit, I should have realized earlier when she didn't bond with anyone. I really like what you've done with this character by the way, though I'm pretty sure she's gonna die. Shep's not all that forgiving.
RED78910 chapter 2 . 6/23/2016
Damn. This was...a real eye opener. I never thought that Tela had an Easy life, but I also would never have dreamed that her existence was This miserable. This chapter shed so much light on her character and made me sympathize so much more with her as a person. I can't help but feel sorry for her now, no matter what she may believe or do.

Great work.
Katkiller-V chapter 2 . 6/23/2016
Holy self loathing batman. Now I'm wondering if she won't ASK Shepard to kill her.
scorpio723 chapter 2 . 6/23/2016
That last bit confirms it: Vasir is what could have happened if Shepard gave up on herself, on life on everything isn't it?