Reviews for The Hands of a Healer
Living in Time chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
*leaves another review*

KP
Catmint chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
WOW. The power in this is overwhelming. It's incredible, fantastic...WOW.
Maligaya chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
One reason I love angst so much, is that there are some things that can be comprehended on the other side of pain. If you haven't read Viktor Frankl's "Mans Search for Meaning", you ought to. He has an amazing understanding of why suffering is. Thank you for really being able to experience it through story and then bringing your understanding to writing. You've done a beautiful job of it.
shireling chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
I am stunned. I am a new reader to Fan fiction who is constantly amazed at the sheer talent out there. This is a wonderful story full of insight and compassion. Thank you
Amy chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Wow that was simple the best fanfic I have read.
Mish chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
Ah! *weeps* O so heartbreaking! O! I am too filled with emotion in reaction to put my response into any intelligible and eloquent phrasing! This is all I can offer: *bows deeply to Flame Tigress*

You write so well - especially in the angst department (my favorite) - and I thank you so much for sharing your work with us. :)
fanofaeagorn and lover too of aragorn chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
Wow!

I have read your story 3 or 4 times now and I cried every time. I Loved it. You protrayed aragorn really well. Did Sam really sail west? You are my favorite author of storys. samwise and the ring is really good esp the se. The list thing was funny. You know a lot about lotr. Great job all around.

Write one if you want in which aragorn sees frodo in the valnor.
Arietty chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
What can I say? Beautiful. I love it.

A xx
Kathy B chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
OK OK, I'll review! Beautifully written as always, Flame Tigress...I always look for your name because I know whatever you write will be worth reading. You know, I always thought that Aragorn in ROTK seemed a little clueless as to what Frodo was going through...granting him a lifetime pass to Gondor and all, when the futility of that gesture was obvious to Arwen, at least. So I'm glad you gave him some of the guilt and angst that he certainly should have been feeling. Thanks!
Ariel3 chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
That is quite lovely (well, in an angsty sort of way... he he he!). It is well written and poignant - and quite riveting. The ending was also a sweet sadness... sticking to canon facts but not offering any more assurances than the dear professor did. Just hope. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Very good, very well written. An interesting perspective on what might have been.
Sky chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Before I read this fic, there was one thing in the world that made me cry. Now there are two things! You are a wonderful angst writer.
A Elbereth chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
This was a brilliant idea for a vignette. It has never been explored, and the idea of it is heartbreaking. Oh my, how horrible if it ended that way! Death fics make me cry, but this was worse because Frodo was already dead in heart, soul and beauty before death overcame him. How horrendous to think of. Still crying.

It was good.
ainur chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
*can't breathe*

That was so heartbreaking. For most of the fic you *completely* had me. I don't know what to say. Truly heartbreaking. Frodo asking to be killed... oh my gosh. :'( :'( Poor, poor hobbit!

When I first started reading this, I knew almost from the start that it was Frodo. But I was completely at a loss as to *why* it was Frodo. I thought: Did he come back from the Undying Lands? Did he get lost somehow? Was it before he sailed and he had fled the Shire in some delirious state, only to wind up at Eowyn and Faramir's front door?

I guessed that it was somehow after the War of the Ring, because Faramir and Eowyn were married.

But not even my wildest guesses were accurate! The truth was far worse than anything I'd guessed.

But even after you revealed the truth, I still thought the plot totally believable. I thought that maybe Sam hadn't been able to rescue Frodo, and he had gone on to destroy the ring in Frodo's stead. But the way I see it, is that there was a possibility that some of the orcs hadn't been totally cleared out, especially only 5 years after the war was over. It's definitely believable that Frodo could have been kept there and tortured.

But having Frodo ask for Aragorn to kill him just broke my heart, and I almost cried. :'( I couldn't have done it. I would have had to at least *try* to help him in some other way, even though he was beyond help. It's so unfair!

I absolutely loved the way you ended the fic. Aragorn's realization that Frodo was probably dead by then, 80 years after he sailed, was also very sad! I think Aragorn was probably right though. Then how you ended it with Arwen asking Aragorn to wait for her, ah! So sad!

This fic was absolutely brilliant, both in style and originality. I've never seen anyone take the Mouth of Sauron part and go with it like you have. It is truly a perfect outlet: what if, when Frodo had been captured, Sam *hadn't* been able to rescue him? I'm sure that would have been devastating to poor Sam, not to mention what would have happened to Frodo. This story was definitely believable.

Anyway, sorry to run on like this, but I just can't convey in words how much I enjoyed this story, and how it almost made me have a heartattack! ;) lol! Keep up the great work!
ShireDweller chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Wow. This one threw me for a loop at first. What a relief when Aragorn woke up. But not too much of a relief after all. I like how you chose an alternate universe premise, but then made it canon after all. Quite plausible that Aragorn feels guilt over Frodo's sacrifice and his inability to heal it.