Reviews for Marked
Kelsey441 chapter 1 . 6/19
Man, that's the onky time I have ever felt badly for Rodolphus!
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 2/23
I'm curious to know, what's your opinion on The Cursed Child?
hpfan addict chapter 1 . 7/16/2016
Wow!? I actually think this is probably exactly how this happened! Eerie!? Incredibly amazing job! It totally creeped me out, so it was written extremely well! Nice job! Cheers!;-)
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
Ahhh that was incredibly chill-inducing and SO spot-on! Man, that last line made me shiver a little bit. I actually wrote a scene very similar to the one where Voldemort brands Bellatrix, as part of a drabble collection that I will be publishing sometime in the future and it is just so fascinating to me how similar our characterizations of Bellatrix are. You couldn't have nailed the "chastity" prompt any better, I don't think!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a lot going on recently :( You'll get through it, I promise you. Thanks for gracing us with your talent, as always!
cat chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
Yay, you're back! I really liked this story - I thought you captured Bellatrix's fanaticism very well and Voldemort is so Voldemort-ish. The thing I like most about your writing (in general as well as this piece) is how true it feels to the actual books. Whenever I read your fics, I always end up thinking, "Wow, it probably would have happened like this" or "Yep, that character would definitely say/think that." So authentic, you know?
Queen Bookworm the First chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
Beautifully written. You characterized Bellatrix perfectly.
Richard chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
Ah, I get it! You really can't have one without the other! In her vow of chastity, is also the intense lust to serve the Dark Lord and bear his child. Wow. Great piece.
Also, characterization, especially of Bellatrix, was spot-on. Well done.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 6/25/2016
I find it more than a little disturbing how well you did this, given your usual style and subject matter! Tears of joy and pain-that's Bellatrix to a tee. The description of the estate and the house was also vivid and fitting, almost another character.

Hang in there, hon-whatever it is, this too shall pass. Love you!
zedille chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
I assume you didn't intend this, but this does sync up ... interestingly ... with the outline of the Cursed Child plot! Unintentional amusement aside, this is a very chillingly effective and plausible portrait of Bellatrix. Fanaticism shows itself in many ways, and besides the more overt fanaticism we saw from Bellatrix, this is definitely something that could have happened behind the scenes. I almost feel sorry for Rodolphus!
banzi chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
That was disturbing. Wonderful story.
hatty porrer chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
Sorry to hear that you're life's not so great just now :( I live in England so I woke up to the news that we're leaving the EU, I really needed something to cheer me up, so I'm really glad you published this today!

Loved this story, so great to see the workings of Bellatrix's mind, and the beginning of her fanatical devotion. I've always wondered what the relationship was like between these two, I think you've got it down perfectly here.

Hope you're life gets less busy soon!
Luna and Ginny chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
An awesome story that gives a really great insight into Bellatrix's mind. I love it. I also loved the interaction between the Lestranges and Lucius Malfoy. Bellatrix's dislike of family resemblances also added a nice touch that was very Bellatrix. A very good story. Keep up the good work!
lovebirdy chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
She always did seem like the most devoted of all the death eaters, she is often written as lewdly sexual but this is a better explanation for her lack of children and her slavish devotion to Voldy.