Reviews for Things That Will Never Be
IridescentFlight chapter 1 . 10/29/2004
I love this one! Short, but good. Makes my Eowyn-fic seem way too long though.
Cossette chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
I liked it! It's cool how you didnt change the story from Tolkiens version and create an Aragorn/Eowyn romance, but rather give more insight into Eowyn's heart. The song fit the story too. One of my favorites.
Afea chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
Hey theere! This was nice. I liked the way it was laid out, and how the song blended in (I'm learning it on the piano - very cool song). Anyhow, there were a few lines that didn't seem to flow as well as the others. For example:

'This was the man who had ridden into the Golden Hall a mere other face in the crowd...'

I think you should have said something more like, "This was the man who had ridden into the Golden Hall, merely another face in the crowd," and even expand on that a little more.

The last line, though nice, could have been a bit better. The story was nicely paced up until the end - it seemed that you were just trying to end it abruptly; and that's definitely what you did.

'Éowyn turned from Aragorn son of Arathorn, looking at the ground as she went back into the Golden Hall to continue her life.'

The language was not nearly as eloquent as some of the other parts, and not as descriptive as it could have been. Add a bit more about the moment of hope for liberation, then disappoinment (though she knew it was coming). I think that would really round off the edges of this fic, and bring it to a better conclusion.

That's just my opinion - take it or leave it!

All in all, this was a good story - nicely written, with proper grammer and good spelling, and it flowed well.

Good luck on your other fics!

Aragorn Elessar
Lady of Books chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
i clicked this thinking it was a F/E story and it's a good story.
clara chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
that was gorgeous; very well written. although i strangely dislike eowyn (for some odd reason or another), i thought this was very nice. _ go you!
Cerasi2 chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
I really loved the sad air from this story. I love the way the song was blended in and the way I could feel how Eowyn felt. I am an Aragorn/Eowyn shipper but I also like the one sided stories if they are good enough to keep my mind off of anything else. This one definately took my mind off of anything other than the way Eowyn felt so hopeless and trapped. Thank you for writing it, and continue to write stories, your good at it.

Cerasi
sum1 chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
that was really good, i'm not an Eowyn fan so i don't kno what they would think of it. but being an Arwen/Aragorn fan i liked it. keep writting :)
Ishmael chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
I love this song, and it's a great fic, although I don't think they mesh so well. Esmerelda (the cat - I think that's her name) is mourning her age and her lost beauty and popularity (I've spent hours getting into her head for performances): Eowyn is thinking about Aragorn, who she has a crush on. At best, Eowyn is experiencing unrequited love. This is a good fic, and well written: it's only the song I have a problem with :) Well done and keep on writing.

Jen
Legolas's Fair Maiden chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
WHY THERE'S SO MUCH SAD ARAGORN/EOWYN FIC!

THERE'S ONLY A FEW HAPPY ARAGORN/EOWYN FICS!

BUT THIS IS STILL GOOD!
Zecorda chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
I like this fic. But the comtent is a little drab.