Reviews for Gravity
Lady Nara chapter 6 . 10/8/2019
This is such an interesting idea! Poor Don, dealing with all this alone. And the other guys, their instincts telling them to take care of Don, and each of them trying to in their own way, but without knowing what's going on, they really can't. I especially feel bad for Leo. Full of good intentions and making things worse and worse. Yikes.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/26/2017
Ooh, thought! Is Donnie so much more reticent in this chapter because he is going into labor? In the beginning he tracked his lay to a couple weeks, and by this time it's been almost two. Is that why he looked pained when he went to the lab? Is that why he acts so ticked off at the end of the conversation, because he needs to get Leo out of there so he can take care of business? I can hardly wait to see what happens next, great job! -Luck-of-the-Irishmen
Snowhite197 chapter 6 . 6/2/2017
This is so interesting! And so well done! It's not even a type of story I usually like to read but I am all here for this! Thank you!
Luck-of-the-Irishmen chapter 6 . 5/21/2017
Wow! Now, I have read other fic about one of the turtles being gravid; sometimes with eggs, sometimes not, but never have I seen the idea handled in this way before!

I really like the way everything is so realistic as far as the ‘gestation’ period goes: the weight gain, the water retention, the tiredness, the nausea, the firmness of the plastron but the malleability of the softer sides. Everything reads so logically, and the time period seems appropriate as well for a sexually mature mutant turtle to bear young. Also, the multiple clutches in one season. That one I haven’t seen before, ever, but turtles in the wild have that happen, so why not Donnie? The shape and size of the eggs in comparison to Donnie, the number, it all sounds like something that could happen and I love how much thought you put into this.

I also like to see the way his relationships with his family are affected by his season. In many fic, Master Splinter is seen as a totally chill and perfectly accepting figure who is unbothered by any of the aspects of the event, but this Master Splinter is a father and a sensei who expects his sons to perform at their best and to uphold the standards of physical fitness he taught them. He doesn’t understand why Donnie is acting like this, or falling behind, and so he relies on what he is familiar with: exhaustion comes from staying up late, weight gain is from overeating, loss of physical stamina and grace is from being lazy. If he knew why his son was struggling the reaction would be very different, but as a parent who is not omniscient and is aware that their survival rests on how well his sons perform in the field, it is a realistic and sensible reaction.

Leo is trying so hard to do his best as a brother! I love the POV section for him, because he really is a sympathetic character who deserves the attention. He wants his family to be safe and happy, and seeing his brother struggle so much year after year for some reason he cannot define must wear on his big brother instincts terribly. He does his best to remedy the situation, but like Master Splinter, he can only rely on his own experience…and this is a situation fare beyond anything they have every known, something none of them would even consider as an option. He is careful and eager to do something to help, but without the insight into Donnie’s situation, he cannot help but to tread on exposed nerves. What can he do, but back off and try again later? I also like how observant he is where his brothers are concerned. He knows Donnie is lying, and when, and maybe that will be useful in helping him to solve the mystery.

Raph is a bigger mystery to me than any of the others, and not only because we never see in his head. He seems to have an instinctual grasp of what Donnie needs more than the others (except for Mikey, maybe?), and relies on that rather than past experience. He takes what he is told by Donnie and his observations of Donnie’s actions, and makes his own conclusions of why and what is happening. He’s wrong, for the moment, but as the turtle who appears to listen to his nature more carefully than the others, he might be the first to figure things out. At least, it looks like he’s beginning to figure out something else related to his brother; is that attraction I see? Hmm!

Mikey, it seems, wavers between Leo and Raph in observation and instinctual knowledge. He knows to feed Donnie more, and to leave him alone, and to offer emotional support, but not why. That makes sense, as no one else does, but it seems like he isn’t as questioning about it as Leo or as fascinated as Raph. He might figure it out before the rest, but it would probably be because he stumbled upon the secret rather than decode the clues or be told by Donnie. Either way, his support and incurious care are a balm to the genius and I am glad he has that.

Donnie, in particular, I am thrilled to read. I love the honest way you write about how he would react to the happenings inside himself from a young age to the present; his denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and a bitter acceptance are perfect for the way he grieves his own identity and bodily autonomy. He cannot prevent what is to come, and it remains as wrenching and unpleasant as before with no end in sight. I found myself reading the story from beginning to end several times just to review his thoughts on the matter and his emotions as time passed. I understand why he feels he must keep his secret, and I sympathize with his fear of being treated differently. I also think his family might surprise him if they found out. I can hardly wait to see it happen, though how it happened might make the difference between a rational and panicked response from the others.

You did a great job! I know it’s been a while since the last update, but 10/10! Good luck with your other projects!

-VB
Kari814 chapter 6 . 1/17/2017
Great story. Hope you decide to continue it!
Guest chapter 6 . 1/8/2017
*AGGRESSIVE FLAILING BECAUSE THIS IS BEYOND AMAZEBALLS AND IM DYING AT THE IN-CHARACTER EVERYTHING*
lilyoftheval5 chapter 6 . 11/5/2016
Lovely.
I am really curious how it will all turn out.

i completely get Donatello's decision...
icys chapter 1 . 9/14/2016
It's sad to see he's not accepting any help. I wish he would soon... :) great writing.
Hoods2428 chapter 6 . 9/13/2016
Are any of the eggs going to hatch?
Guest chapter 4 . 6/29/2016
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of your writing. I look forward to seeing where you take this.
Who am I. I'm the Void chapter 3 . 6/26/2016
Poor baby noooooo! I'm so loving this but my poor feelings aaaaaahhhhhhh
Morte Mistrata chapter 2 . 6/26/2016
So...Donnie is female?
Who am I. I'm the Void chapter 1 . 6/25/2016
Oh I think I've seen this one on Tumblr maybe? Or DA... don't remember if it's the same but if it is, I LOVE IT!
Xahraxs chapter 1 . 6/25/2016