Reviews for Something Wicked This Way Comes
codyskater31 chapter 20 . 5/2/2020
also as a small addon for chapter 22 i will also add that it did feel a bit rushed and didn't give much time for a mood to settle in and gives this feeling of "emotional whiplash". i dunno if that's a proper term and if it is that i used it right lol. i don't wanna take away that this is a nice step in the right direction and great addition i just want to hopefully help you polish your writing with my opinions.
what would probably help with that is an "arc" like structure. you know the usual rising action, climax
into falling action that coaxes you into increasing states of investment until it hits a peaks followed by a chance for the reader to come down from that emotional peak before they get back on that ride again. i suppose this is a sort of extension of that feeling of lelouch kinda drifting about. my suggestion would be to think of the "arcs" as separate books that need to be a satisfying read by themselves but also build upon the previous book. if you do this it will take quite a bit of planning to make work. but focus on one thing at a time if you need too i imagine you know your own limits and what would work best for you and if you just focus on making these characters relatable and building their "social web" i guess you could call it is very strong progress in it's own right. i just want to write out this stream of thought before i forgot it and lost the motivation to tell you.

i don't wanna seem too preachy or like i'm some kinda guide for you this is mainly just a one way stream of thought and i hope this helps.
Volfy790 chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
Naoto being Al is certainly a big twist in the story and wow there that was a fast update, you just made my day Xd. Great chap as always and I'm gonna look forward for the next one and lastly, of course, stay safe...Peace!
Magnum Boost chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
It's interesting that the chapter name is Pleiades because PleiadesSubaru. Maybe the fellow countrymen that Al speak of is him? I'll wait for your twist on his Identitiy. Honestly it's kinda remind me of Re Zero If
guiltyr2 chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
Oh my God
codyskater31 chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
i dunno if it was you taking my comment to heart or just your improvements as a writer in the long break between updates but this chapter contained exactly what i wanted to see great job. lelouch's respect for someone who is willing to take fate into their own hands speaks to his prideful and ambitious nature while his talk of home and his denial of wanting to connect with the people of this world gives a subtle hint of his underlining compassionate nature without stomping on his prideful half. it's also building a bond between them and highlighting their human traits so that we can become better invested in them. and the ending gets my mind spinning with how this revelation could develop from here. will lelouch take his own life to go back and try and save him knowing who he is or will he respect that he passed in peace and if he does try and kill himself will one of his friends try and stop him and have some kind of emotional climax. or if he goes back will he try and save him only to realize that his sacrifice is necessary. and if he respects his death will he maybe decide that he has been using his ability as a crutch too much and that he was a man that planned to take on britannia without geass and it was simply just a useful tool for it.

i don't wanna ramble too much so i'll just leave you with a great job and i'm looking forward to more.
James317 chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
I did not expect this, and it was beautiful.
Deadied chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
very nice revelationvthat fits well in this xover. thank you for the quick update
Alyr Lin chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
Thanks for the chapter! Interesting! Kallen's dead brother huh.
Command Unit chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
The ending gave me such a conflicting feeling its both happy and sad...
Anonymous chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
Now that was a gut punch.
12 0 25 chapter 22 . 5/2/2020
wow, what a twist
Magnum Boost chapter 21 . 5/2/2020
Great to see you update again. I hope it'll be a regular occurence. Thanks for the new chapter
masterjohn2 chapter 21 . 5/1/2020
holy shit he's back
arcsin chapter 21 . 5/1/2020
oh my god i just reread this and i have to say when i actually took the time to try and figure out whats happening - because i know nothing about re zero and only remember a few things about code geass - this fic is so, so good. i remember skimming through it on my first read through and i just want to apologize. that didnt do this fic justice. the political intrigue mixed with lelouchs fight for his life PLUS the fantasy elements... could a more perfect fic exist. thank you so much for the update!
Incognito74 chapter 21 . 4/29/2020
Glad to have you back. It’s a joy to be reading this once again... Great chapter btw!
1,209 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »