Reviews for La Belle Dame sans Merci
Snehalotr chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
This was so beautiful! The ballad and the quiet moments in between! Lovely!
Masamune's Song chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
I thought it was lovely! This isn't my usual fandom at all, but I was so excited to see "La Belle Dame sans Merci" I had to stop and read! (I've loved that poem, too, ever since I found the reference to it in A.S. Byatt's "Possession.")

What an interesting interpretation! I never would have thought of associating the doomed, temporality of Aragorn/Arwen's love with this poem, but you made it work nicely!
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
Lovely idea - the "fairy wife" (or, hm, fairy lover) theme from Keats' poem intermingled with Tolkien's interpretation of the matter! Contrast and astonishing similarities... This is truly very original, and nothing I would have expected to find here, but very, very good.
The emotion is very well-caught in this piece, and the ending is just adorable - awesome job! :-)
Guinevere chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
very very good write more (not of this story, this is a good stoping place, but different stories.)

unfortunatly, i must partially hate you because you are old enough to go to Oxford

oh well
crazyLOTRfan chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
woah, awesome story! I hope you're gonna write more...
Natters chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
very good. got any more?
HPFanForever chapter 1 . 1/28/2003
Wow! That was fantastic. I am such the Arwen/aragorn romantic! Great work! You certainly have a way with words.
sum1 chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
that was very good,i do think that if you do decide that you feel like taking the rating up a to at least PG-13 you would do very well to. Keep writting!:)
Silindro chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
that was very well written. i enjoyed it many times over.
Rose-Arwen-Padme chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Wow... I am so honored to be the first to review. I listened to this while listening to some music from the Two Towers soundtrack, and surprisingly the words matched up with "Samwise the Brave". Beautiful story. Beautiful, passionate, heart-wrenching, romantic... wow... definitely going on my favorites lists. Wow...
Myth chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Hi Anna,

Just wanted to let you know that I found your story very eloquent, with a good flow between the poems and the developing romantic mood between Arwen and Aragorn. It sounds very much like how I would imagine their romance to be. Quick question: you used the word "lent". Did you mean the past tense of "to lean"? If so, just double check on the spelling as I'm unsure if that is the correct spelling. You demonstrated a good use of adjectives, describing the mood between Aragorn and Arwen well.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to more stories from you. I have added you to my favourite list!

Kudos,

Myth
Ekaphant chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Hey! I studied that poem in English class! My teacher kinda made it out to be all depressing, though, and I didn't like it. You've changed my mind now, it's a great poem! I love the way you adapted the poem to Arwen and Aragorn, it's absolutely brilliant!
Evening Nightshade chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Great story! Did you say that this is the first romance story you've ever written? This is brillant!