Reviews for He Ain't Heavy
mrspencil chapter 1 . 10/2/2019
A charming tale with some great lines, and a comic cave and Carter being Carter regardless of actual super powers. Well done:-)
L. E. Wigman chapter 1 . 1/7/2017
What a fun read! I remember the episode, but I didn't notice that he tasted the heavy water(guess I'll have to go back and re-watch it, who knows what else I missed!). I liked how the story got moving quickly. It's easier to get hooked on a story when things happen fast. I enjoyed the detail and involvement of the more minor character, i.e. Wilson(everyone's favorite medic). The regular cast was a bit more touchy-feely than the series portrays, but everyone did think Carter was dying so it's still believable. Carter's love of comics was adorable and just what you'd expect from him. I enjoyed this story immensely. Thank you for sharing it with us!
demyx86 chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
Ok. Its 02.22 in the morning (night - whatever) and Im sooooo tired! But I had to read the story and coudnt stop. I liked the story. Good work:)

Now I go to sleep. Hopefully not for seventy-two hours...
zafnak chapter 1 . 8/31/2016
You mean that is *not* what South Dakota is for?
Tiny1217 chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
I really liked the choice of subject. Well written and interesting.
lana-rose-342 chapter 1 . 7/11/2016
Wonderful! Really loved this. It was just like watching an episode.
Jennaya chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
What a neat storey of brotherhood.
Aileil chapter 1 . 7/9/2016
I like this one. I was introducing a friend to Hogan's Heroes the other day and one of the episodes we watched was the heavy water one. My friend paused the DVD the instant she found out what was in the barrel, turned to me and asked, very seriously, "Is Carter gonna die?" She is in her mid-twenties, so it was a serious concern to her where I, at the tender age of seven had never considered that Carter could possibly die, because no TV program would do that. It's mazing how much difference a little knowledge of chemistry and reality makes to one's viewing experience. I think you handled your version wonderfully. You used minor characters highly effectively and comics very plausibly. And the worry from all of the friends was written in a way that seemed believeable for each individual. :) Thanks.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
Aw Such a sweet story
I liked how you made the pace of the story change with Carters mood. (accidental or not) it was great.
And Carter thinking he was a superhero was adorable.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
I just found this story tonight and then went back and found the one you posted in May. Both are extremely well written and were a pleasure to read. It very nice to see someone new posting in this fandom. Thank you for sharing. I really hope we see more from you.
momgobloo chapter 1 . 7/1/2016
That was a very good story; I remember also being shocked that Carter drank the heavy water, and it was nice to see a story spin out of it! I loved Hogan's story about North Dakota sleeping sickness; sounds like something he would come up with!

on another note- you might want to consider breaking the story into multiple chapters. I think it would be easier to read, rather than one long chapter.

Can't wait to read more from you!
Winterfrost15 chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
This was a wonderfully penned story. The characters were spot on and you had Carter's sweet and rambling nature down particularly well. I haven't seen the heavy water ep in awhile - now I feel like I should go watch it! :-)

Thank you for posting this superb piece of work. I hope we will see more from you soon!

Kate
Cristy W-S chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
This was such a nice story. Hogan and his men are like a family, and you illustrated that so well. From Kinch taking on the roll as a sort of caring big brother, to the squabbling of Newkirk and LeBeau, to the huge responsibility Hogan has as their leader, you brought it all together and wove quite a suspenseful narrative.

Under that gruff, grumpy exterior, Newkirk is a real softie when it comes to his mates, and you captured that beautifully. That he was moved to tears over worry about Andrew is so totally Newkirk. Of course when he gets caught caring he bristles like a hedgehog, which always makes me laugh. Loved the dialogue at the end when Carter was teasing him with, 'I can make Newkirk cry'. lol! There's such a cool vibe between those two. :)

I had a lot of favourite lines in your story, but the one that made me lol was at the beginning: 'Carter was always able to make him smile, but he refused to allow it before tea.' Heehe! I love Newkirk!

Thanks for posting this lovely story. :)
Terri Spencer chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
You are fast becoming one of my favorite writers, my little dear. (snicker) I half expected Sammy to show up in Carter's dream.
leebeenz chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
Haha I love this. What a great wee story. Carter is my favourite character too so I always love a story focusing on him. I especially like the final part bewteen Carter and Newkirk - "...I can make Newkirk cry." Love it :)