Reviews for Healing
GeekyLola chapter 1 . 9/10/2016
Happy belated Birthday Mal! I'm sorry this is late. But let's not waste anymore time. To the review!
Your descriptions are so well done. Often times I find people try so hard to describe something in a different way and it sounds like trying too hard, if that makes sense. It's sounds overly wordy and clunky. It detracts from the story. But you have a great ability to get the point across, make the description your own and not hold up a story to do so.
Rabastan...he was not the person I expected when I read the summary. I was honestly very shocked by his appearance. Shocked and angered. Like, how dare he bother her at Ted's grave. But I'm also really curious to see where this is going.
I love the juxtaposition you add to every scene when she first enters the graveyard. First the day is nice, then the carnival, then the flowers. I've always been a bit of a fan of juxtaposition though.
I would not be against finding out where this is going, if you ever felt so inclined. I enjoyed being surprised by who was there and going through all the emotions with Andromeda. I don't know if I like the idea of them together, but I don't mind it as much as I feel like I believed I would at the beginning of this story.
This is short, but it's handled so well it doesn't feel rushed. I really enjoyed reading it. Happy birthday again.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 7/6/2016
Oh my god! You wrote RabAndie! I am so sorry this took me so long, but I am here and you wrote RabAndie and life is perf! On with the review; (Fair warning, I review as I read and I tend to ramble);

Yes to Andromeda almost being sorted into Ravenclaw. I love that, not least because I never really bought that she belonged in Slytherin with the rest of her family. I also really love the phrase 'touristed through the list of fallen soldiers.'

I love that Rabastan chose to visit Ted's grave. That he honoured him with the flower message is beautiful, and I'm glad that in the end, Andromeda decided to forgive him.

The whole story invokes emotion from beginning to end and I loved every single second of it. You have a serious talent, and that you wrote one of my absolute favourite pairings just makes it even better.

Thank you so much for writing this for me, it's beautiful.
Eosneve chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
Mal! Oh my, Mal! *gasps*

This story has really taken me by surprise! This was... unexpected.

In any case, you know when you read a story and, for some reason, you feel like doing everything the characters are doing? Well, here you have one of those stories! For the whole time (the WHOLE time!) whenever Andromeda thought, said, even did, anything I nodded and thought, "Me too!" This is to say how well you portrayed her. The anger, then suspicion and hope, and then that last, beautiful scene where she cries and he appears. I don't know it touched me.

Andromeda's thoughts at the beginning are stunning. I particularly appreciated the ones about her wishing to get old and about the 'separation' between Ted and Dora. "All of them claiming their own sorrow at her death. [...] Ted, however, was Andromeda's and Andromeda's alone," how beautiful and genius! And yet it feels so sad and somehow wrong. Poor Andromeda, a mother's sorrow should not have to be cast aside only because unknown people claim to have rights on her daughter because she was a hero.

I'm going to be honest: I'm not saying I like Rabastan now (not at all) so I may still have some reservation on this story. But, pretending this was an original piece... Well, in THAT case, it's an entirely different matter, and I love it very much! (Does it make sense?)

PS sorry for the caps lock. Let's pretend it is italics, alright? ;) (I'll never understand why you can't use italics in a review)
Catrowline chapter 1 . 6/29/2016