Reviews for By Starlight
Slytherin's Strumpet chapter 35 . 7/6
Loved your story!
VioletsDaisy chapter 29 . 6/5
I’ve read this story like three times, haha! Here I am again and I just have to say I loved the last sentence of this chapter so much!it’s so sweet and so... what someone who loved Erik would think! Such a profound, poetic, love bound sentence. You’re such an amazing writer. I wish I was even a small amount of wonderful as you. You truly bring your characters to life. I will forever be aspiring to write in such a way!
Summer Leondale chapter 1 . 5/6
I like how the main characters met each other, I love the plot and everything about this book. Good job writer! If you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star, just submit your story to hardy novelstar. top or joye novelstar. top
I love this! XD Just the casual conversation of a torture chamber just like what ever seems bout right is hilarious to me!
toscanamarcela chapter 35 . 11/26/2020
Well, I have to say I never imagined to enjoy reading anything but Erik/Christine, but I now find that Erik/Clara are a perfect match and I’m completely in love with this story. I absolutely love Clara! And Nadir! And most of all Erik, of course. I just love everything about this, I literally have no complaints, it was utterly perfect. Thank you for writing and sharing this beautiful story!
BrucesBitch chapter 31 . 8/9/2020
I just need to take a pause in my reading to tell you how utterly perfect this story is.
Reading the last chapter (in Clara’s bedroom) I was not sure I could stand the angst! But it was just enough... That is helping me get through this chapter, lol!
Batty Dings chapter 34 . 8/9/2020
It's so sad to reach the end of this glorious tale. I just love how you made it all come full circle back to the Mardi gras celebration.
I loved loved loved your Clara character! What a sharp, strong, witty, strong-willed woman. She grew and evolved so much! And your interpretation of Leroux's Erik was just pristine. I found myself grinning like a fool during some of their sharp tongued conversations.
This was a labour of love on your part and it really paid off!
I'm so happy to have discovered this stunning fic!
EvaLark chapter 34 . 8/9/2020
Hello! I am guilty of not reviewing many of the fics I've read in the past, so I decided to come back and let you know just how much I enjoyed this beautiful story. Everything about this is utterly perfect - from Erik, wonderfully capable and self-deprecating and jaded, to lovely, lovely Clara, who is everything Christine was not and stole my heart pretty much right away. This was my first Erik/OC fic and now my standards for Christine have skyrocketed, hehe. Thank you again!
Batty Dings chapter 28 . 8/9/2020
Swoon... such a wonderfully dramatic proposal scene worthy of such a grand tale.
Batty Dings chapter 24 . 8/9/2020
Excellent use of the word 'bloviating'.
Batty Dings chapter 20 . 8/9/2020
Nadir, "the patron saint of awkward interference". Haha. What an apt title.
Batty Dings chapter 19 . 8/9/2020
Nothing quite like a dreamy make out scene coupled with some steamy Baudelaire poetry. Really though, your Erik certainly knows how to woo a girl.
Batty Dings chapter 16 . 8/9/2020
Your use of letter correspondence for this chapter is such a marvelously clever story telling device! What better way to allude to the happenings of a summer apart without making is so cumbersome?
Batty Dings chapter 14 . 8/9/2020
Every single chapter is just full of cinematic moments. The hide and seek game is so cleverly crafted, the stargazing on the roof scene simply inspired.
I have no idea how you do it, but you certainly are gifted with the art of storytelling.
Batty Dings chapter 13 . 8/9/2020
"Yes, miraculously, not even one appearance of the Punjab Lasso."

I'm living for witty Clara moments like this. You've really fleshed this character out and given her so much substance. It's been wonderful reading her development so far.