Reviews for Breaking Through the Bottom of the Bottle
DarkNight21 chapter 19 . 8/3/2019
Love your story! The interaction and exchange between the Yang and Jaune was good and I felt tension and the emotions. Hope u continue on writing other romance and drama fanfics with Rwby & JRNP. Also could u tell me the title of the fanfic where Ruby feels bad breaking Jaune heart?
BicDictation chapter 19 . 7/6/2019
May be a short story but its one hell of a good one keep up the good work
Lolerskin chapter 1 . 3/3/2019
Masterpiece, no matter what others may say.
ahsoei chapter 19 . 1/18/2019
Very interesting story with interesting writing style. Well done.
AnimeFan299110 chapter 5 . 1/16/2019
At first, my shotgun was aimed at the kid's head.

When called Yang a "crip", I had BOTH my shotguns pointed at him.

And Jaune...nice standing up for your woman!
Heaven's Thesis chapter 18 . 11/29/2018
oof how ambiguous nice
dmantisk chapter 18 . 10/27/2018
An amazing story as usual.
Setras chapter 12 . 10/6/2018
Why do I get the feeling this story is being written because the author has a lot of pick up lines built up that he'd never get a chance to use IRL?
Blue Leaf Green chapter 18 . 9/29/2018
:]
overreader99 chapter 19 . 6/6/2018
People complained about the pacing? Have they never read Nick and Nora's infinite playlist? It's a whole friggin novel that literally takes place in one night out! And it was amazing! This story is really well written. It never seemed to drag on, and I was really starting to feel Yang's frustration, and yet also understood why she couldn't just outright say it. It seems a whole lot of things were against these two, and even though I'm not a big Yang x Jaune fan, I've never been more relieved of an outcome.
TinyPalmtopTiger chapter 19 . 5/28/2018
I have visited this story three times in the past two years. The first time, when this story was first posted, I was uninterested from the beginning; the idea of a Jayne/Yang centric story filled with angst and almost no adventure was mundane to me. I stopped reading after the second chapter. The second time, around early 2017, I had stumbled upon this story by accident. It was always floating in the back of my mind, but I didn’t decide to read it until then. By this time the short story was complete and was fully posted, so I read the entire piece in a few hours. Finishing it, I was less than satisfied with the fic. Not a bad story, but I had thought it was more of a way to pass the time. I wasn’t invested at all, and to be honest, I thought the whole Ruby/Jayne/Yang love triangle thing was a bit ridiculous. I mean, this doesn’t happen in real life, right? No one would ever spend five years actually trying to get over someone, that was inane. I had still enjoyed it enough to finish it, however, and while I thought most of the scenes were ridiculous (especially the parts about Yang being bashful), it was worth the short time it took to read. Now, after finishing it the third time, I don’t think I ever enjoyed a story written by you more than this one. As time he passed on, a lot has happened to me in the past two years, and in the thick of it all, my mind was always wandering back to this piece of fanfiction. Finally I had gotten the time to read it cover to cover, and now this story seems, to me, one of the best pieces of work in the RWBY Archive. That’s not an exaggeration either; the pacing, the beat system, the characterization, all of those elements and more were on point. Half of the fics I’ve read form this archive haven’t even come close to being as exciting, as dramatic, or as entertaining as this work has, and I’ve been reading from this site for years. However, this isn’t a review unless there’s actual reviewing involved, so let’s get started. First off, the characters. The characters, Yang, Jaune, and even Ruby to an extent, are what make this story worth reading. The way these characters are set up- from what they have to what they want and how they’re going to get it- is done very well. Most fics seem to always give heavy exposition at the beginning, laying bare character dynamics that make would make the story much more interesting had they left it in context rather than stating it outright. Show, don’t tell. Here, this is shown wonderfully with Yang’s feelings for Jaune. She never states outright that she loves home, but using her actions as context along with a few lines she drops, one can assume that Yang likes Jaune, and has liked him for a very long time. That character dynamic, along with others, is a great example of showing and not telling. Secondly, the pacing. I have read several fics from both you and Coeur Al’Aran before and have become familiar with the 7 Beat Romance that you both use in your works. It works great almost every time, and I’m glad to say it worked out just as well this time round. The best part was the Black Moment of this story, or Beat 6, as it’s otherwise known. In other fics, such as Not This Time Fate by Coeur Al’Aran, the Black Moment took up a few chapters of the story, keeping the readers holding their breath for quite a while (not that it was a bad thing), but in this fic, Beat 6 takes up only about 2/3rds of the last chapter. Despite its length, or lack thereof, it still works well, giving of the intended effect of “It all goes wrong, all hope is lost. The relationship seems doomed.” Overall, this was something that took me three reads to appreciate fully. While I enjoy it immensely now, my only regret is not reading this sooner. Not much to critique on negatively here, but in your works, there hardly ever is. Maybe next time you could publish an actual story instead of not-summaries? A long shot, I know, but one that is definitely worth asking for.
Misslieness chapter 18 . 4/25/2018
This was pretty good and overall enjoyable. Maybe a bit too long though, middle chapters felt like they dragged on.
scottusa1 chapter 19 . 11/23/2017
Fun little story. Have a good one. Laters.
Doctor Crock chapter 19 . 10/14/2017
Such an awesome read. You better feel proud, feel very very proud.

A writing and the pacing was phenomenal, easily my favorite fic so far and literally the reason why I made a FF account just to like and favorite the damn thing.

Never followed the Yang/Jaune pairing but this fic made it work pretty phenomenally.

Good luck in the future mate, and keep kicking ass.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/10/2017
Nice story. I'm a happy ending kind of guy though, so I'm not really a fan of ambiguity. The "true" ending is whatever the author thinks so even if you say it's open ended, I wonder which ending YOU would choose, Fool.

Coming to the end there, for all the good, I feel empty. Ambiguity is not for me. Just the possibility of a bad end made possible by the lack of a definite answer leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not a good kind of sour either. In my heart of hearts I hope for and choose the ending where Yang stayed certainly and absolutely, but I can't get rid of the niggling little doubt that she didn't. Hah...

Good fic. Hope to see another one like it from you in the future.
516 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »