Reviews for Another End
Emily chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I liked that. Very well thought out; you portrayed everyone perfectly. Classic Denethor, Boromir, Faramir! : )

And the bard was so cool. Nice of him to give the book to Faramir. Wonder who the elf lord was? I'm guessing Elrond. Now, how did a bard of Gondor get to Rivendell, and why?

I don't usually suggest such things to authors (some things are meant to stand alone, and plenty of people don't realize it), but perhaps you could elaborate on this bard's tale? If the elf lord is indeed Elrond, how did it come to pass that the bard was gifted that book? : )
S. Eerandgel chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
oh dang.

You should have a 2nd part to this... could I write a sequal. I'll send it to you first for "okay"?

slizzie-chan juno . com
Redone chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Very nice. Who's the bard though? Speaking of the tale of Beren and Luthien, I would assume this would have been known in Gondor too, because these two were also the ancestors of all kings of Numenor and thus also of Elendil, Isildur and Anarion. But you describe the scene and Faramir beautifully.
Shortnshort chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Great Story
Catmint chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
This is lovely. A beautiful portrayal of Faramir and also of Boromir's protectiveness of him.
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
Go Faramir! I always knew I liked him lol

** Dy **
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
This is a sweet, sweet tale. It's lovely for you to have written about the brothers Boromir and Faramir and to have captured them so well. It's no small feat, so many things written about them are completely out of character. Very nice job.
Shandy chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
A truly beautiful piece of fiction - and very original. I loved how the relationship between Faramir and Boromir was represented here. Very well written... I hope you might consider writing about Faramir again!
Susan chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Great story! I hope you continue it. Wonderful characterization of everybody. Keep it coming!
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
This was touching. Faramir is one of my favorite characters and it's always saddened me to think of how he was scorned for the very characteristics that make him wonderful. It must really have torn him apart to want his father's approval (as all children do) and yet have to deny his best qualities to get it. The detail of hiding the book says it all.
Altariel chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Lovely, Levade.
Emma chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Really enjoyed your story! You seem to have captured a young Faramir perfectly, somewhat wistful yet hopeful. He is one of my fav characters. Also, it's nice to see a story of his childhood that doesn't involve a lot of abuse from Denethor. Don't get me wrong, many of those fics are well-written and I feel for poor Faramir, but they can be too much of a downer sometimes. Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Siberia1 chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Oh, this story is so sweet! Faramir is such a gentle soul. I like the way you portrayed him and his relationship with Boromir and the other boys.