Reviews for These Wounds Won't Seem to Heal
Romano was called Italy in canon. He was also the representative of the Kingdom of Italy in WWII while Veneziano represented the Republic in WWII. And you already know about their other differences. But, yes, Romano is a fully recognized nation along with his brother. Prussia is a retired nation like his other brothers Saxony, Hesse, Bavaria, Brandenburg, etc. Germany's states. It's understandable why he'd fade. Romano not so much.
IlluminatiAnimeLover789 chapter 10 . 1/28
Where's the rest of the gang? Like Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova, and the Czechoslovakia pair?
IlluminatiAnimeLover789 chapter 3 . 1/28
Hmmm, well my theory is that considering that Romano has represented the southern region of Italy, he also represented several of the kingdoms in the region as well. At some point I believe he represented Sicily, the just south west of the southern tip of Italy. Considering Sicilians are culturally different from other Italians, and that there is even a independence movement there, though small, that Romano would fade much more slowly, as he still has a region and culture to represent. Over time, if Sicilian culture was encompassed by regular Italian culture and eventually would slowly disappear, then at some point in the case Romano would fade entirely. Again, that's my reasoning, but no offense. Great story btw, Im still reading into it.
Zeivira chapter 17 . 1/26
A writing is always better when the author writes what he actually does want to write, in my experience it's pretty easy to identify a ficker that is writing because he enjoyes his fic to a ficker that writes because he feels obliged to (Either because he doesn't want to abandon it or because he doesn't want to let the readers down).
I personally prefer if they leave the fic on hiatus instead of damaging the story. So if you feel like writing Gilbert and only Gilbert — that's good! Write him and once you finish with him you will probably feel up to writing the rest. My favorite character is Prussia, so if you focus on him and only him, for me great, still if you feel that in the long run it starts "damaging the plot line" (You are the writer, you know it better than us), you might consider writing another fic centered in what you actually feel like writing, and once you are ready, pick the story again.
I liked the chapter — I'm a big fan of the German Family, so it does have my seal of approval. This bit "His cheeks were a rosy pink, and his eyes were still crimson in places they normally weren't, but he looked calmer. He thought he appeared to have sobbed bitterly for hours, but then the unusual pink flecks in his eyes made him think of citrus, floating daises, and the soothing scent of… perhaps lavender or jasmine." Was just great.
About the original work, it would depend in what it is about, I'm not usually one for cliche or romantic pieces so I can't promise anything, yet if it fits my criteria, I'd gladly give it a shot. But wattpad? Ehhhh no, I just hate that app wouldn't use it even if my life depended on it.
Hetalia.blue chapter 8 . 1/26
Ciao, the chapter is super good there is just 1 thing annoying me. You wrote l'hospital when it is meant to be l'hôpital i understand if you can't add a circumflex but there still isn't an s.
Keep on with this story, why did i not read it sooner i just don't know.
Seeya
Guest chapter 15 . 9/12/2017
Yeah, you made a wise decision to remove them. Romano's especially as that was very OOC of him, then again, a lot of this is pretty OOC for him. But all of them weren't needed, and seemed to drone on apart from the out of character behavior for all of them. So the cutting of this fat was necessary, and helped further your plot along.
Self-Inflicted Insanity chapter 15 . 9/12/2017
Hey you! I'm glad to see you've found use for these deleted scenes :D Personally, I'm glad you cut them, for the reasons you said - but I also really love seeing them here, so I think this deleted scenes thing is a good compromise :)

I especially love some of the dialogue in these scenes, especially:
"If you grab that broom again, I will shoot you."
"Bruder."
"I'm very serious."
(I may have grinned a little)
"I just need to-"
"Germany, no."
"But if I just-"
A rifle clicked.
(great combination of amusing and heart-wrenching)
"Should we bring pasta?"
"No one would eat it but us."
"Okay... but should we bring it?"
(so much like the Italy brothers omg I totally laughed)
"Bruder?"
"Yes?"
"Are you okay?"
"Yes."
"What was that?"
"A car. They tend to be on the road."
"Oh. Okay."
(great combination of awkward, heart-warming, and heart-wrenching)

But as for the last scene, just to be a stickler for details... what year was that taking place? Cuz the Berlin wall fell in 1989, and the first phone that could text wasn't created until 1993, and I'm guessing the text-speak probably took a bit to develop, though I couldn't find a date, and even if things like "u" instead of "you" are kinda intuitive, things like "wya" wouldn't be, especially since that's also a modern slang term, and an English one (but once we get into the idea of them actually speaking German but the story necessarily having to be translated into English everything gets confusing and makes my head hurt...)

I absolutely loved the demonstration of Prussia's (and Germany's) distress, though, so I'm really looking forward to seeing your improved version in the next chapter! :3

Thank you for posting these deleted scenes!
Self-Inflicted Insanity chapter 14 . 8/22/2017
Oh gawd, I'm so sorry this review is so late! The alert for this story got totally buried in my inbox and I didn't see it and only rediscovered it today and then practically flipped out for having missed it. So sorry!

Wow, though, I cannot even tell you how happy reading this chapter made me - your writing really improves when you relax a bit :3 And I'm so pleased to hear that I was able to help you finish this chapter :)

Man, there were some really great lines in this chapter. I loved all the details like Germany cleaning out the inside of a bleach bottle, and the way that you wrote Switzerland's thoughts and dialogue, and the dream-like sequences from Germany and Prussia's POV of the unification and everyone flooding over the wall. It was a really great way to show the surreality of it and all the emotions :3 Also, seeing Prussia helping Hyde was really heart-warming (as well as being a great way to up the emotional tension), and I loved the sequence where Prussia was running back to Germany and the memories flashing through his mind of Germany making Italy and Japan run laps. The ending of the chapter, too, was wonderful - you really improved it from the one you sent me! :D

My only note is that you have one small typo: "[...] tackled his western brother to the ground.0"
(you just accidentally added a zero after the period :3)

Other than that, though, this chapter was really great and I loved it :D Thank you for all the effort you put into writing this chapter, and for working through the challenges in order to do so :3
(And I'm so sorry again for taking so long to review! DX)
Inky-Paws chapter 3 . 8/6/2017
Wow. So you want to know about Hetaoni, eh? Hetaoni is a little scary, but I don't think it's too scary. I'll warn you ahead of time though, you will probably cry, and also, it's uncompleted. That's scary. This is a little late, but a piece of advice: unless you are pretty sure that you can handle tears, angst, character death, plot twists, and unfinished storylines, don't play/watch it. Going to be honest here, there is some gore, but it's all animated in a RPG style. As for jump scares, there could be some jumps that could be considered to be jump scares, but I found that playing your own music in the background can help with those. Might be a good idea to make sure that that music is happy music too. Hetaoni is sad enough on it's own. But other than that, good chapter!
TopazDesiertoFleur chapter 14 . 8/3/2017
Funny story the first time I read this chapter I didn't read the title of the story so as I read on I just assumed it was another story which also has this historical plot about West and East split apart and as I continued I was like woah I'm so confused that was a huge time skip and then I got to the end and realized, I read this as the wrong story so I went back and read it only to forget to review it! (Sorry). So that part in Italys POV at the start where he's trying to read Germany's feelings is great and you can definitely see how he's gotten happier :) also my eyeballs were not safe they got ready because this chapter and that reunion was so beautiful ;-; thank you so much for udatimg by the way. I look forward to future chapters!
Aqua chapter 14 . 7/19/2017
And I'll keep coming back tbh :p
It's such a wonderful journey seeing your writing evolve and I am such a sucker for these wall-reunion scenes. You really did it justice, thank you so much for writing!
Aqua chapter 13 . 5/11/2017
Fucking hell
fUCKING HelL

I think this might've been my favourite chapter so far? I don't know I just really really got sucked into Germany's struggle and being torn and feeling powerless and then that conversation with ITaly and his little revalation HNNNN honestly if you need the time to get this kind of stuff written TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED I'll just...Keep waiting all patiently cuz hooboy lemme tell you it's defo worth it
Guest chapter 13 . 5/11/2017
Romano won't fade. The North and South are really different, even down to the way they cook food. (North uses butter while South uses extra virgin olive oil). Both economic wise, birth rates, culture, etc. And the south has even been regaining more of their culture in resent years. The south has the highest organized crime yet north has the highest sexual assult between the two. When they have a reform, it can be quite interesting. When they had a reform in regards to the monarchy after WWII, the south claimed the north cheated on the reform (south wanted monarchy, north did not.). So really, while the share many things, they both have unique ways of life. Unification should not be worried by either brother. Though I do feel bad for my babies worrying so.

I also question why a few people think Romano is not recognized as a nation. One half of one, still he's recognized by others, his government, and the media (the two get mentioned quite often.) Is it because of Italy name thing? Well, both of their first names are Italia. Imagine how weird that is to call someone by your own name. That's probably why neither Vene or Roma call each other Italy. But since many meet Vene first.. Then again, Rome is their capital, and their Nonno's legacy. So the name shouldn't be a problem. Hmm just weird why they'd assume such.

But this chapter broke my heart. Poor brothers...
TopazDesiertoFleur chapter 13 . 5/13/2017
Poor Germany he can't do anything about the situation. At first I didn't think we were going to be able to find out what was in the letter but I'm glad Japan read it, although I feel bad for him to because he had to read the letter and watch Germany try and cope with his feelings. So this means Prussia is East Germany right? I did get confused in the middle with the POV changes but I caught onto it.
Self-Inflicted Insanity chapter 13 . 5/12/2017
Loved seeing what's going on with Germany and the others! I think it was a good idea to not check in on Prussia in this chapter. And I actually liked the bit where Germany accidentally tore the door off the fridge - I really like bits that show that even though they're personifications they really aren't human.

I was kinda confused about the whole thing with Adelina, though... I didn't really understand the signs, or what any of that was. Maybe you could be a little clearer about that in the beginning?

I think my favorite part of this chapter was the part with Japan :3 I loved his concern for Germany, and the description of his eyes and the way he sees everything.

Thank you for taking all the time to write this chapter, despite the difficulties!

Oh, and one note: "PruBen" should be "Preußen"

I look forward to reading what happens next :3