Reviews for Locked Inside
Sally chapter 1 . 10/7
I am kind of torn on this story. I think McCoy was pretty nasty to Spock in the Episode, so I am glad you have him feeling bad about what he said...but Kirk sort of acts like a jerk, not caring about either of the men, really. They are supposed to be his closet friends. He should at least care if they can work together. Then when Spock talks to them, they just blow him off...and laugh afterwards? Again, makes me wonder why Spock would have any trust in either of them?
Soundless Memory chapter 1 . 8/1/2016
Great story! I have always found Spock and McCoy's relationship to be fascinating, and I think you really captured the nuances of that relationship well. I especially like that you made Spock react to emotions without breaking character and that you showed that McCoy does care about Spock's emotional well being but has a hard time expressing that.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
Very good. Thanks for sharing.
geriatricfool chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
Well done! This was excellent. For one, you picked one of the most iconic scenes in all the episodes, one I never tire of watching, and still gave it a new slant. It was packed with perceptive concepts, such as Spock's realisation that some people can be passionate and yet still completely pacifist, showing that cold logic isn't the only way. I liked the way you moved between points of views, which kept the parallels going and also broke up the story to give it variety. And the punch line at the end was superb, along with McCoy admitting that he knows perfectly well that Spock has feelings. Thank you for this, and welcome to Star Trek writing!
rockyfan chapter 1 . 7/4/2016
This is an interesting interpretation of one of my all-time favorite episodes. The author amazingly captures the essence of each character's thoughts and feelings. Well thought - out and written. Please write more!
Zhi'rev chapter 1 . 7/4/2016
"He had the best seat in the house in which to see Bones almost get killed. But, for the doctor to admit it, that was making progress."
Grinning to myself. True words spoken.

Never go into therapy...I believe I heard Scotty say something similar in Generations...hahaha.

On the other hand, this is a poignant piece, it hit me right in the heart. I always feel sad that they don't have time to go over the aftermath of the episodes. Great job.