Reviews for Tie Me With Velvet
boothaddict77 chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
This seems brilliant, but although it's been ten years and you're probably all growed up now, do you think you could format it again, and then post it? the site's clearly eaten up some portions of the dialoge.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I'm getting headache reading this. Why arent any quotation marks? It's getting blurry.

Sorry if you're offended, but I'm telling you this based of pure honesty and I appreciate if you take it as constructive criticsm. Much better if you edit this and add some quotation marks. It wouldnt hurt. It wouldnt give your story any disgrace, it supposed to make your story understandable.

Thank you.
Belief Among Unrest chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Oh hey, I really like this! Like, REALLY like this :D
knk4891 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I really enjoyed this. I liked how it went backwards; the set up was very clever and unique. I also enjoyed how wity you portrayed Hermione and Draco. The story was sad, yet funny and sweet at the same time. It made for a great quick read. Great job!
TheMadPen chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
You wrote this seven years ago.

I am a ridulously lazy person.

I was not already longed in.

This story was so good, I decided to review anyway.

One word: Loved.

(Told you I was lazy.) ;)
like frogs in your soup chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Sweet and quirky and sad. I like the undefined interims between the "Before-s," so there's no telling whether the dalliance lasted a few hours or a few months. It leaves me more sad than anything, but also hopeful.
princessinct chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
I love their "club" conversation. Very entertaining.

Thanks for the laughs to balance out the drama.
Musette Fujiwara chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I loved it
silviaelisa chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I gotta ask. Was the absence of quotation marks done on purpose? If so, fascinating choice, and bold move too! I admire you for it. If not, well, you should fix it because this is a great one-shot.

I loved how you set to rewind their history, and show us how they had evolved at the same time. Nice!
hellerii chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Don't know if you check this site anymore? But this story made me smile. :)
Steph chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Amazing. I love it.
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
i like this, and part of it reminds me of a buffy episode

XANDER: Think of the happy. If we don't find what we're looking for, we face an apocalypse.

SPIKE: Really? You're not just saying that?
Steph chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Beautiful.
arctique48 chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
This is wonderful. Utterly. I haven't read anything dramione for a long long time and this reminded me exactly why I shipped their random-pairingness so enthusiastically before. Much love. This has just about everything I ever loved about DMHG. The format was brilliant too, and I loved how you (well, I) just kept waiting for the happy ending to be revealed in which they sort it out and skip off into the sunset but it doesn't come; just before, before, before until you're right back at the beginning and wondering how they even got as far as they did. And in a way I think that made the fic, that it's left hanging without you even realising it's left hanging. Their relationship ends up seeming like such an achievement despite the fact she's just about to leave him.

A few fav bits:

"And then she’d be going off to her Brilliant Future (as everyone said), and he’d be going off to join up with the rest of his friends in Terrorizing the Wizarding World and Crushing the Muggle Hordes Beneath His Iron Boot. (also as everyone said, although this time in lower voices)." Just... yeah, I liked it. Lots.

"She called him every name she could think of and some that she got from very old books about very nasty people". (I wish I could do that.) Well put and very Hermione :)

"“Draco?” Hermione said coldly, and watched the laughter drain away from his face like someone had pulled the plug." The unspoken rule being broken was fun. Marking a progression in their relationship at the same time as, well, just being cute and funny.

"Draco nodded sagely. “We have those too,” he said. “Well, they’re not so much fan club meetings as just club meetings. You know, planning ways and means to get Potter alone and hit him with clubs.”

That was not funny, Hermione thought. Except that it really, really was."

-I agree. I cackled. It wasn't funny, but it really, REALLY was. .

And just generally "evil and wistful" Draco with "that sideways smile that made him look slightly sinister and totally irresistible." Ah, so much love!
kitsuneasika chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
/Damn/, this is amazing. *hearts for eyes* My favorite bit was their conversation about clubs.