Reviews for Yin & Yang
apls79 chapter 35 . 8/9/2020
This is a great story.
lazy-kaa chapter 35 . 12/27/2019
Well, you ask what we think... I think that you should consider writing more... Regardless of any life situations, you've got the talant, which should not be wasted.
lazy-kaa chapter 32 . 12/27/2019
Considering the chapter, do not let your heros to get out off controll.
lazy-kaa chapter 27 . 12/27/2019
Good reasoning and best outcome. However, the relationship between sisters is developing sort of really sad way. However, the storry has something attrictive to continue reading. Thanks.
kpop1392as chapter 35 . 5/1/2019
I don't know how to feel with what Harry asked her to do. XD
I enjoyed reading this story and like how things aren't just clean and simple.
kpop1392as chapter 13 . 5/1/2019
Aww Syrine and Draco are adorable. I love that they are close and have each other's backs. I also like that Syrine helped Buckbeak and Sirius escape.
kpop1392as chapter 6 . 5/1/2019
I'm guessing Syrine remembers her sister. I like that she does try to help or warn Hermione. I find this story very interesting and I enjoy reading it.
kpop1392as chapter 5 . 5/1/2019
Aww poor babies. I enjoyed reading this chapter.
kpop1392as chapter 2 . 5/1/2019
Wow! I didn't see that happening. I enjoyed reading this chapter and story.
apls79 chapter 35 . 12/18/2018
I honestly couldn’t believe that you cast Harry with giving Hermione the ultimatum of choosing between him and her sister. In all the time Syrine/Iris was a soldier of the dark lord’s, she still ultimately made sure Hermione never got hurt, and warned her each time she was close to getting nabbed. Syrine/Iris always honored her blood relative (Hermione) over anything else. And with Harry having already lost most of his family (excluding Sirius), he should understand how important the family or lack there of is. One should never have to be given that choice by a third party. If Syrine/Iris were to directly threaten Hermione, then I can understand this, but I just personally had a hard time with Harry giving Hermione this ultimatum.

This is a great story otherwise, and I look forward to any future updates.
iHateFridays chapter 35 . 2/19/2018
You're very welcome for my reviews! And thanks for that nickname. XD
Aww, that was adorable! I'm glad Hermione and Harry made up. Will the shipping happen now? XD Though I'm not sure if Hermione will be able to forget Syrine... hmm...

Qinlongfei chapter 1 . 2/17/2018
Okay... Hermione is born into a magical family and she has a twin who is on the dark side is an interesting idea to explore, but I feels like this story has a pretty huge plot hole as soon as it started. If the Granger family is so well off in magical community to the point of their mansion being the envy of pureblood, halfblood and muggleborn how come Hermione gets mistaken as a muggleborn? Granted, the starting chapter established their manor got burned down but don't the magical people has some kind of record, or magical checkup system to see there happened to be a pretty rich family called Ganger and verify Hermione's backstory?

Yes, later chapter you established the Granger family is a more secretive family so not much is known about them. But I still think the way it is explains come off very unnatural to the point of being it just happen because the almighty author wants to create a specific circumstance for the story.

The circumstance feels unnatural to me because one: the first chapter established their mansion is well-known by all magical community both the old rich and the new blood who just come in, so how come not many people know about the family that actually live in there? Did everyone just saw the beautiful mansion from the distance and assume it belonged to the Potters or Malfoy or something?

And two, I think you made a mistake with who relayed the information of 'there was a magical family named Ganger, but they were secretive' to Hermione (and by extension, us the audience). Ron isn't really a very... sophisticated character to put it diplomatically, so if the Ganger family is so secretive to the point most people simply forgot they exist I can't imagine Ron of all people to know about it. And if even he knows, it really pushes the realm of believability not a single teacher (granted, they are pretty incompetent overall) got curious to see if Hermione is maybe related to an old established family.

Brushing aside this plot hole, it also pushes my believability how Hermione's parents can perfectly adapt into living with non-magical people and fit in. Since the first chapter established they are a well-off magical family, it begs the question where they got the education and experience to treat people's mouth and how to run a business (or how to simply live in mundane world). It's not like they had a long time to adapt into living in an essentially different world since Hermione has some memory of the fire which suggest she's around 4 years old when it happened which give them less than a decade before she got the letter from Hogwarts. Did they both randomly decided they love muggle lifestyle when they are kids, learned muggle world and decide dentistry is their mutual passion?

All my perceived plot holes (or at least plot conveniences) aside, if the actual story is engaging I can simply disregard them. One of my favorite romance story here is Marriage Decree and I never stops to think 'hey, it's kind of against Hermione and Mary Sue Potter's personality for them to meekly go with a forced marriage law'. Unfortunately, this story has so many time skips it simply doesn't have anything solid for me to grip onto, which turned my attention to picking out how the story doesn't connect naturally instead.

Personally, I think this would have been better if you go with a more understated approach. Maybe instead of giving some details (but not enough detail to make the story feel natural) of how Ganger family was like when they are wizards, the story start with Hermione receiving her letter and possibly get excited while her parents act nervous and then slowly give out bits and pieces as the story glides alone. Just my opinion, please do take it in with a grain of salt.
iHateFridays chapter 34 . 2/15/2018
Oh howdy! I'm back! XD
Syrine why! Dangit! You shouldn't have done that!
And now Dumbledore's dead too... gosh darn it! Why is everything going wrong?!
Good luck typing on your phone! :P

iHateFridays chapter 33 . 2/14/2018
Forgive me if I didn't review the last chapter! And sorry I'm a little late. Another nice chapter by the way. Iris/Syrine will eventually accept the truth. :P I bet at some point Harry will tell Dumbledore about that mark on Syrine's arm. And I ship Harry and Hermione here. Harmione for days. XD

Hermione Lyra Malfoy-Riddle chapter 33 . 2/14/2018
I wish to thank U for updating! And, I wish Iris wasn't so damn stubborn! Great chapter