Reviews for The Stars Alone
TotoroX92 chapter 62 . 7/13
Okay, I actually *really* want the epilogue to continue for a bit longer. I'm going to have to go and find some good Destiny fanfic now.
MisplacedSheep chapter 62 . 6/23
I think the story was realistic. People change, heart-breaking things happen, horrifying choices sometimes have to be made, anf sometimes there are no happy endings. An excellent story, that ended perfectly, id not sadly. Thanks for sharing!
UzumakiRend32 chapter 44 . 6/19
Yes I agree that Hermione cheating on Harry might have been realistically but TBH I have struggled with your series for awhile and this was the straw that broke the camel's back I am sorry but I just can't stand or see Hermione cheating on Harry. You wrote it well but this is what you get with fanfiction. We all have preconcieved biases and if you deviate to far you lose readers. I am sorry to say this chapter means you have lost me. I am not a multi partner fan in the first place, so wasn't really a fan that you added Luna in the last story anyway, but I held on because I was enjoying the story. I am fine with drama and tragedy, but I just can't stand Hermione cheating on Harry. It is a personal bias that I admit to completely. I hope you continue writing but I am going to stop reading this story. Thank you from the wonderful story so far until this chapter.
Foxy-Floof chapter 62 . 6/11
Huh... This was a crazy ending...
kekkeigenkai95 chapter 62 . 6/11
I read this obsessively from the beginning to the end, but in the end I just feel hollow. I'm not saying anything against the writing, but when you start wishing for the main character to die just so that he'll have some semblance of peace it feels like it's been taken too far. Especially when around 20 chapters from the conclusion you can already tell it's going to end badly. Also for all the talk of goa'uld being born evil, you seem to have done the same for Harry, which entirely hamstrings the possibility of him having any development as a character through the storyline. It might work with the Goa'uld, but here it just feels like you occasionally have him do something psychotic just to maintain the 'evilI did enjoy the world building you have done, though much of the awe gets lost between random bad guy moments and the surprisingly anime-like gallery of increasingly overpowered villains.
~kekkeigenkai95~
Kaliedo chapter 44 . 6/10
The last bit of this chapter didn't make much sense to me, not because of Hermione's infidelity, which was perfectly plausible but by its resolution. I get you wanted it to be quick and clean but that's just not Harry. Not for this. I'm pretty sure he implicitly trusts only two other people, Hermione and Luna, so for him to suffer such an intimate betrayal and respond as he did is very OOC. After all betrayal is a very big trigger for him.

So I'm going to selectively pretend this chapter never happened, feels very unsatisfying otherwise. ;-P
Ragnar92 chapter 11 . 5/27
Eh... doesn't the gate take a $1,000,000 worth of energy just to get the damn thing started? You're... not opening it with a small generator and some cars.
Kendo chapter 62 . 5/14
The review of Watcher777 gave me closure. I agree with mostly he/she had written.

You've kept the Jack-Hermione arch short and sort of just passed how Hermione/Harry dealt with the matter later. I've read your A/N and since this isn't a romance I understand and agree keeping it that way... IF Hermione's infidelity mainly concerned only the three(J/Hr/H).
But the problem for me was the infidelity seemed to deeply affect another main charecter, Cathy. So while Hr/H are shown to just 'shrug it off '(and for Jack... well he's dead so...), Cathy goes on to this 'raping my uncle to raise an anti-christ so I can get revenge against the aunt who slept with my love interest and my uncle who killed him cause the love interest's ghost told me so' journey. In short, I would've liked to see more how H/Hr relation unfolds after the infidelity just to balance the Cathy arch.

Anywho I really enjoyed your story as an epic. The whining I wrote above was just a part of me wanting it to be more of a lyric.(I'm not a English native so my use of epic/lyric may be incorrect but I hope you get the gist)

Thanks for the great story :)
Kendo chapter 57 . 5/14
God I hate Cathy so much
And now Daniel too
They are obviously going to backstab Harry
ender13sfd chapter 62 . 5/14
That was a wonderful story!
Thank you for sharing it with us.
I hoped that they'll use the ancient knowledge to travel to different universes.
Could be fun ️
ender13sfd chapter 24 . 5/10
The end reminded me of Galadriel's temptation with the One Ring.
RykOakwine chapter 62 . 5/5
Brilliant, as most of your work is. Truly epic as well.
It's amusing reading reviews from people who didn't read on or who missed the idea that Cathy wrought so much horror due to influence of the Ori on her.

From stupidly opening the Stargate to conceiving her son, from getting so bitter about Harry executing the guy Hermione cheated with to her getting involved with the Ori personally. It became obvious that much of the terrible things she did weren't necessarily due to her own desires and motivations but were things the Ori wanted to happen so they could get what they wanted.

But readers didn't want to give the author the benefit of the doubt and just assumed these were all just poorly written and contrived plot points.

Anyway, good story, if a bit dark. And such an enigmatic ending.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Silber D. Wolf chapter 62 . 4/27
Great
Zavod chapter 62 . 4/4
Words like "Epic" and "saga" get used too easily, but apply here. This story covers a scale rarely seen in fanfic. But what makes it memorable is the author's ability to weave a story of god-level characters and have it work smoothly. HP and SG canon we but a starting point. You really made this AU your own. Excellent world building!
stylo1 chapter 25 . 4/1
im kinda losing interest, power knowledge it all doesnt matter in the end its an philosopic argument back and forward till it loses all logic. its hard to put in words, its like 2 story lines 1 where harry is building an empire and 1 where he is being molded in to a weapon and neither effects the other.
3,325 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »