Reviews for Over the Desert Sands
AquilaMage chapter 12 . 12/19/2016
ooh. OOOH. so thuban's thing with these two is a test to see if, put through the same situation, the 'good person' would definitely pass and the "evil person" would fail. At least that's how i'm reading into that first part.
I have only vague ideas about that flashback Vaati had about sheik/zelda (?) but it sounds cool, especially the "they were human" bit, which has me all sorts of interested about the implications.
aand the arguing about choices and who's dying again they're both being stubborn shits at each other i love it.
hah you really twisted the knife there at the end with the reveal - sooo well written and i really wanna see how the boys react when /they/ find out the rest of the truth.
Serpent Tailed Angel chapter 11 . 12/18/2016
I want to complain that you updated too fast, but honestly I'm just reading too slow.

Is it still okay if I make predictions? I'mma predict now that Vaati's going to get the offer to leave Sheik in exchange for freedom.
Icfehr chapter 11 . 12/16/2016
Hmm now that im update date on everything from like a week i can say this was kinda awesome if still annoyingly mysterious. Vaati wrath was really cool and the poisoning of Sheik is both unexpected if hinted at and servers to help progress the story. I do wonder if gods have politics? That actually seems like an interesting story if you can get it to stand alone. Anyway good chapters keep up the good work.
Zenzia chapter 11 . 12/14/2016
No no no don't stop there! Sigh. I have a love-hate relationship with cliffhangers. I wonder what Vaati saw with his version of Sheik... Thanks so much for the updates, can't wait to read more!
AquilaMage chapter 11 . 12/14/2016
Holy shit that was intense. Like, the whole fight, which had me really nervous for a bit, and then the flashback just hit me because not only was it brutal, but the tone seemed so /bleak./ And then the boys managed to get past the mistrust and emotional fallout of the visions (which was an excellent scene, by the way), and then the moment gets ruined aaand we're back to bad Things. Can we please have, i don't know, five minutes where bad stuff isn't happening. Probably not until the end, if at all, I'm guessing. (not that I'm actually complaining it's good stuff).
Also fleets, i love you, but save some motivation for the rest of us, ok? (although i guess it /is/ indirectly helping b/c now i really want to be able to update it's been a while oops)
Anonymous Humanoid chapter 1 . 12/12/2016
I was ill today and, in turn, bored out of my mind. Thank you for saving me from the brink of madness.
AquilaMage chapter 10 . 12/12/2016
ohhhhhh shit. I don;t know if I really understand "what's really going on," but I do know that things just got /real./ Maybe (maybe?) it's like a test like, oh, guess what the other person you were with used to be like. Good luck trusting them now, if you even manage to get back to them. But idk I'm probably missing something still.
this vaati at the end is probably the scariest he's been ever. I know you've said this version is the worst, but I mean i guess up until this point it's been indirect references or flashbacks or his personality being affected by other events, so seeing that ruthless version pure and head-on is pretty intimidating.
Also that section with the journal is likely a Harbinger of Bad Things. like yay, support, but also not-so-good times for the writer i guess. and, y'know, the fact that things got to the point where an otherwise impartial voice felt the need to be reassuring. this is certainly going to be interesting.
AquilaMage chapter 9 . 12/10/2016
oooh, palace of winds. I thought that was what it was when it was first introduced, and it's cool to see it, especially with the bit about it feeling wrong for it to be there.
Sheik openly admitting he knows vaati would kill him was pretty badass, especially since he isn't upset by it. Not to mention the fact that he still kept insisting on referring to them as a team.
Koume what the hell made you think it was a reasonable idea to just keep the skull of your sister who you murdered with you? that's pretty creepy
Even despite the spoilers, I still feel like there's a lot I don;t know about and/or am just really excited to see how it actually plays out. At least personally, it hasn't 'ruined' things or made me less interested or anything. Although I suppose I /would/ say there's more, esp. in terms of minor details, that I'm picking up on, probably because I know what to look for or can tell that it's important based on what's really going on
Serpent Tailed Angel chapter 9 . 12/9/2016
I need to go back and re-read the previous chapters. It's been long enough that I can't remember if Sheik already established that he expected Vaati could kill him or not.

But I wasn't expecting Koume. I wonder what she and Kotake did to end up in the desert in the first place. (The implication that she killed Kotake was visible, btw.)
AquilaMage chapter 8 . 10/24/2016
Vaati no. no.
oh boy Sheik is /angry/ and I'm kind of enjoying it? I mean I know I've seen him be upset before but I guess its extra interesting because i dont think he's ever really been spiteful before. never really thought of it as his thing so I;m now sitting here giggling evilly at the turn of events.
and then Vaati's super confused. dude, I know you have trust issues but please try not to kill Sheik that will make exactly 0 people happy (well maybe Thuban but they don't count)
Icfehr chapter 8 . 10/16/2016
Its interesting the depths that people sink to when your strip them bare, the difference here though is that right now there wasn't anything to strip off because they don't remember who they are. I actually don't believe Thuban is a god, perhaps a guardian or like hist title says an arbiter. Actually the only real gods that I can think out side of the main Hylia, Din, Nayru, and Farore are Majora, who I believe represents a chaos/evil god bound inside of a mask by the interlopers, and the fierce deity who is easily identified by his title (also most likely bound into a mask by the interlopers). Well thats at least if we discount the manga that came out but that one was weird and seemed totally out of context in comparison to the rest of Major'a' mask. Anyway keep up the good work.
Zenzia chapter 7 . 9/3/2016
Really love this story, when ur done with Soulbound please pretty please keep writing. thanks!
Icfehr chapter 7 . 8/19/2016
Man long week. Anyway still super ominous and trying not to draw any conclusions because it seems like your leading us in a specific way of thinking, so no theory crafting today. Though i do think we could use some action or a revelation it almost seems like the past couple of chapters have been ominous with them just surviving and getting small hints of whats really going on. Anyway looking forward to whats next chapter!
Serpent Tailed Angel chapter 7 . 8/18/2016
I've decided to headcanon that nothing in this fic is real. Sheik and Vaati are trapped in a shared illusion and wandering around a totally normal Hyrule, and no one is stopping them because they don't look like a princess or a giant evil eyeball bat. They're just unknown weirdos, going around ignoring everyone else and complaining about the heat and squatting in weird places. Probably dedicated LARPers or something.
AquilaMage chapter 7 . 8/15/2016
Thuban noooo they were just getting comfortable with each other and thinking as companions or partners but no, you just have to go along and say 'no happiness or cooperation for you,' probably just to make things more interesting. (and now for some reason I'm picturing them as one of those reality TV/game-show hosts who enjoy messing with the participants to add drama - that's a messed-up thought - it could be the really weird alt ending reveal). my theory/idea still holds, though.
Also I had the thought that eventually they're totally going to have to at least try to travel at night because it's less harsh except then ol' snakey's gonna mess them up.
At least I get the boys being close together and cute as a happy consolation - gonna treasure that when stuff gets tough later.
53 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »