Reviews for Over the Desert Sands
pickle chapter 7 . 8/15/2016
ooh cliffhanger
hii i'm reading this story too :3
i really like this story and it gave me a new appreciation for the desert :D
also i really like thuban's name how did you think of it?
Vesperupus chapter 7 . 8/15/2016
Where do I even sTART
Maybe with the cuddles. Goddesses am I thankful for the cuddles. I've been waiting for an "I'm cold" scene this whole time and there it is. Aaah I'm excited to see how close they're getting while being aware they probably are enemies. Can't wait to see how that affects the grand revelation!

I have a feeling that Vaati is having the exact same "dream" and that this isn't uncommon at all, no matter what that foxy god says. Things are getting really serious now!

And we learn more about the snake! So if the mighty murdersnek is Ammit, would one of Thuban's alternate titles be Osiris? I'm totally not screaming over any references here, no, what are you talking about
AquilaMage chapter 6 . 8/10/2016
What *is* going on with the scribe? curious.
I hope it makes you happy to know I was giggling throughout the entirety of the "awkwardness about finding themselves so close to each other" section.
Ok but this section is strengthening my idea that they're being purposefully antagonized but forced to cooperate to get by. I mean, the test would be a test even with one person, but its more so because of both of them. Anyway, their differences in reacting to only one set of supplies is really interesting because of how it reflects like, their core values. Basically their contrasting personalities - I guess that's the best way to say it. I like it.
Icfehr chapter 6 . 8/10/2016
Hmm no so much to comment about. Vaati is acting almost like an abused child and Zelda is way to nice in general. Though I will say your starting to get a bit too cryptic in general with like every chapter anyway looking forward to whats next.
Serpent Tailed Angel chapter 6 . 8/9/2016
I always love how you write Vaati, to the point that I'm afraid that if I wrote him now, I would base him off your fics more than any details given in the games. The idea of him focusing on his anger to cling to his sanity is just... asdfghjkl! Yes! I love it!
SmashQueen chapter 6 . 8/9/2016
Gave up and finally decided to read this while taking a break from writing and fREAKIN KEATON.

Here's to hoping the chained duo get out alive.
Serpent Tailed Angel chapter 5 . 8/8/2016
On the subject of being trapped in the Four Sword, do you ever think about the adult timeline? Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, Vaati is still trapped in a rusted sword. THAT would be some real nightmare fodder.
Icfehr chapter 5 . 8/7/2016
Cool so were back to Vanilla Vaati that makes things easier. Wow this Chapter was dark, Vaati realizing that he is a giant literal ball of anger that floats around even if he don't quite know/remember why he is angry or what hes angry at. Zelda on the other hand I can definitely see cracking under the pressure of being a monarch. The pressure of every situation might affect your people, diplomacy training weapon training steal training local and county politics and then having to rinse and repeat every sing day. It would almost be like having enemies on all sides that cant be defeated. Zelda cracking under the pressure is something I can see especially with the way that your write her. You write he so that her emotions show and while she might be the princess but Sheik might be even more real to her than Zelda is. The freedom to go where she wants unburden by all the politics and how her actions affect everyone is just something that I can see Zelda using to be herself rather than the perfect being she is supposed to be. Vaati on the Other hand is actually like how the Minish are supposed to be, a pure being that filled with child like wonder who helps just for the sake of helping but is also mischievous in that they can play innocent pranks to. However with small amounts of his past starting to shine through we can see the depths of how far Vaati really had fallen from what the Minish are. Im hoping that you end up showing how Vaati is less like his normal self and giving him some more Minish traits. Anyway not much to predict right now and sorry for the super long rant type thing I kinda just started writing and this is what happened. I'm looking forward to how you make these subtle changes and how you go further in depth to explain whats happening to each character.
AquilaMage chapter 5 . 8/7/2016
ah yes, the inevitable rift in trust between the two of them, and they don't even really know who they are. I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that they're purposely being led to not trust each other, but possibly as part of a test to see how well they do, since at least at the moment they need to balance that unease with the necessity for working together.
ooh, I'd be interested to see exactly what types of dreams vaati had been having that he was disturbed. I can imagine there's plenty of stuff from his past that would work well for disturbing current him. Also definitely feel bad for him because Four Sword, ech, yeah. Despite it never being clear in canon (i think) about what it was like, I did always figure it was bad and something like what's being implied.
Vesperupus chapter 5 . 8/6/2016
I can't believe I still haven't written a comment on this aaah curse my lazy butt

They're slowly regaining their memories, in a way, and poor Vaats has to remember his time locked away in the seal. Wonderful memories to come back to...
And while Thuban says they want to keep it balanced I can't stop but think that Sheik has a bit of an advantage now since he caught a glimpse of the storm.
AquilaMage chapter 4 . 8/4/2016
Soo Vaati's "Sheik, all I feel is anger" line is really creeping me out. Like, I know that it's probably referring to how Vaati (with memories) has his anger thing, but the way it's framed and phrased has a really ominous note to it (the best description I can think of is the feeling you get when you drop something down a hole only to realize that it's hugely deeper than you thought because you still haven't heard the thing hit the bottom. just an '...oh').
and again with interesting getting memories back and hints of the past, yess. I know you've specifically pointed out the fact that a lot of your stories have amnesia as a thing, but I realized right now that despite that, you always manage to handle it differently, both plotwise and in the subtle ways the characters deal with it and their reactions to getting bits and pieces back. I think that's pretty cool.
AquilaMage chapter 3 . 8/4/2016
if the hints of backstory/history are anything to go by/my guesses are close, then hoo boy stuff has happened.
that well bit was creepy, though. kakariko makes me feel wary in general because of all its creepy associations, but something about the descriptions of them going down into the well made it extra so.
I think I like Thuban. Not entirely sure because of how much I don't know, but really interesting.
Vaati's 'I'm going to ask them why they deserve to exist in my presence,' though. such a good combination of great sarcastic/irritated comment and exactly something Vaati (the with memories edition) would say
AquilaMage chapter 2 . 8/4/2016
shoot i hecked up with the last review so I'm gonna put my comments for that one here too.
um, wow this is really interesting as a start, I have no idea what's going on and it seems really different from your other stuff, but it's also really good. especially the lore/creature stuff, it's super neat. Also sheik and vaati's interactions so far.
AquilaMage chapter 1 . 8/4/2016
(pay no attention to the really late commenter behind the text)
Serpent Tailed Angel chapter 4 . 7/29/2016
Getting snarky with my own readers when they ask for spoilers isn't going to stop me from predicting the heck outta your stories.

But you want to know what's horrible, I just found out that Vaati and Sheik are gonna be told to fight to the death. Like, I never looked at your synopsis until today. When I first saw this fic I saw just like "Oh, fleets posted something new. Better read it. Ah. The protagonist seems to be Sheik, and this other person's description matches Vaati's appearance. Now I know who the main characters are." Like, I seriously didn't look at any of the story info until just now.
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »