Reviews for Permanent Affliction
Kelsey441 chapter 1 . 6/20
I really hate that the app won't let me write with a dash between words (well, a hyphen, really, since a true dash isn't available). That's why my words are smooshed together in my last review.
Kelsey441 chapter 1 . 6/20
I love created families so, so much. That's probably my favorite thing about the HP booksthe Weasleys making Hermione and Harry part of their family, essentially, and not just because they married into it.
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 2/23
Anna chapter 1 . 12/13/2016
I love this so much. Tugged at every single one of my heartstrings. You write at a perfect pace; slowly enough to create a imagined story, but quick enough to keep me rushing on to the next line.
Truly a privilege to read this short story.
This was such a genuine portrayal of a "father-daughter" relationship. Although this particular scenario is extreme and hard to relate to (fighting in a war), you captured the dynamics of the relationship so eloquently and effortlessly.
Evangeline Dartmouth chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
Oh I love Arthur. There aren't enough stories about him- best father in the series hands down. Love that he knows exactly what to say to Hermione
HeartOfAspen chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
Adorable little one-shot. Not a relationship that's often explored. Love it.
JuttaV chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
This was beautiful!
Ericfmc chapter 1 . 8/7/2016
Very nice story, thanks for writing. Arthur is my favorite adult HP character and you handle him very well.
zedille chapter 1 . 7/17/2016
This is a lovely story - I'm glad Hermione had Arthur there for her when she needed a father figure (though I'm a bit confused by the timeline - when in DH is this? I'd always assumed Hermione went and found her parents after the war was over) And the motorbike! I admit I'm impressed that Arthur is doing as well with that as he seems to be, since even plenty of muggles (ie, me) are terrible with vehicles!
Luna and Ginny chapter 1 . 7/16/2016
Oh my goodness, I love this so much! You captured both characters perfectly once again! This is amazing!
meldahlie chapter 1 . 7/16/2016
An affliction we all suffer happily from! :D
All the best for 99 and 100! I'm at 102 ... and counting!
cat chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
AWWW. Seriously, people always forget about Arthur and how awesome he is. I love Molly so much but Arthur deserves credit too. I love how Weasley-ish he is - all this quintessential warmth and kindness and love. Also YES more updates!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 7/11/2016
Aww! Awww! Poor Hermione, and I loved the parental touches in Arthur's observations of her-how thin she'd become, wondering about the scar, remembering her as a child and then not.

More writing-yay!
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Oh, this was beautiful! People never spend enough time dwelling on the fact that Hermione erased her parents' memories and sent them to Australia; she's a strong girl, but the pain of having to send your parents away knowing that they haven't a clue who you are has got to be terrible. I loved the way you wrote her fear that her parents wouldn't ever forgive her...it's very realistic. And Arthur was just the best person to have around at this time :') Understanding but not overbearing. The permanent affliction line was just LOVELY. Loved this story to pieces! And I can't wait for more writing from you! I realized that you're only two stories away from 100...any special plans for the big 1-0-0?! :D
banzi chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Great story. I love the interaction between Arthur and Hermione. The last line was great.