Reviews for TaME: A post-apocalyptic story
Oniele chapter 4 . 3/21
Eh, shielding in stationary/ground forces is still good.
Oniele chapter 3 . 3/21
An absolute masacre.
Oniele chapter 2 . 3/21
Blunt and to the point xD
Oniele chapter 1 . 3/21
Cool timeline :D
Bulldan chapter 6 . 3/21
You can skip the first contact war. It is nonsense.
MoonBurner chapter 6 . 3/21
I agree with most of your points. I'm hopeful that the first contact politics will be covered at least. Happy to wait if it means higher quality work, plus, it's not like you owe us anything. So take all the time you want. Also, in terms of Fallout weapons vs council, I can't see plasma being useful except perhaps as short range anti-vehicle armaments.

I say this because any kinetic barrier emitter will stop it in it's tracks unless it's moving too slow, which eliminates utilising it in space (unless a ship flies into it, or the heat melts the armour (though since ships move so fast, heat won't have much time to affect enemy unless ship flies into it)).

As for planetary combat, the reduced projectile speed necessary to avoid barriers won't impact it's viability as much, but it will make it easier for infantry to avoid the projectiles, which leads into my point that larger, less maneuverable vehicles are most vulnerable to plasma.
Regrettable Pun chapter 5 . 9/7/2016
This story is awesome and I can't wait to read more of it.
HaywireEagle chapter 3 . 9/3/2016
Here is a physics lesson for you. Everything has mass, down to the smallest particle. Therefore Lasers (Concentrated high-energy particles) and Plasma (4th of the 5 states of matter) blasts would be stopped by kinetic barriers for the reason that they have kinetic energy and physical mass. It is why frigates fight at knife-fight ranges with their GARDIAN Systems. The problem with that however is the heat that would be generated. Which can't be removed easily due to the fact that space is a poor conductor of heat. Turians would have humans beat at manuverability and range. Plus they'be been doing this for 1000 years. Humans were still re-learning the power of books and the joy of textured toilet paper.

Also, since the plasma is not a continuous stream. It would not penetrate like you are describing. It would kind of 'splash' against a surface. Quickly cooling as it loses its imparted energy and returns to a more neutral state.

The heat would cause the ship to suffer secondary damage. Circuits cooking, and such systems failing. Intenral atmosphere temprature would also rise quickly. Straining already hammered systems. Which was a state issue with running silent for long periods on the SR-1.

So far, all I am seeing is some poorly thought out HFY!fic, Dumb!Turians that just seems to take from several other sci-fi series. Flash Clones, Neural Lace, and other such things. . Setting is nice enough, but much of it is kind of cringe-worthy.

I don't care how smart they are. They are not going to create some form of synthesized version of Eezo. That just knocks much of this out of the realm of 'believablity'..

The fact that human ships also seem to neglect long rage weapons entirely is a design idea. Especially when your vessels are reliable in their jumps? At least you didn't make them some outrageous super-superior smug cunts. I'll give you that one

Wailing, not whaling. Homonyms are fun.
Eipok chapter 5 . 9/2/2016
Fulson's Disease reminds me of the Jove Sleeping Sickness. Very interesting.
Vindicem chapter 1 . 9/1/2016
Yo, but where that Courier be? Along with Mr. House and all of New Vegas or Big Mountain?
Blaze1992 chapter 5 . 8/29/2016
While this fic looks good so far could you clarify something for me and other readers. Does fic at all involve any of the games with Shep as the main viewpoint? Or is this focused on pre-ME covering all of humanity as it's focus?
mwjen chapter 5 . 8/29/2016
Great so far, thanks for posting.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/27/2016
Love the story, hate the weapons, the kinetic barriers of the ME universe only stop kinetic energy, i.e. bullets, something like plasma and laser weaponry doesn't have a kinetic factor, meaning that the kinetic barriers would do jack all against them, if you don't believe me do some basic research on it, or watch a few youtube videos.
It's why in Halo and ME crossovers that the Halo universe usually curbstomps the ME universe, it's not fan boying it's just basic science.
The weapons are my only qualms about your story and I realize that not everyone would know the science behind it, hope this review helps.
-T
A chapter 5 . 8/27/2016
nice work i liked it! this is a very interesting work! hope you update it soon!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/27/2016