Reviews for TaME: A post-apocalyptic story
Ghostboy95 chapter 6 . 9/16
I really like this story. So far the story line makes sense with only a couple of things that I questioned before reading this explanation. Ie. Plasma tech. I like how you aren't just making a "Fuck yeah Humanity" Story. They aren't very entertaining to me either. This seems realistic and meshes the timelines well. I do hope you continue this story but to the same point not being a professional writer is about having fun creating a good story. Go at your pace man you can't please everyone if you and if you make it an obligation you don't have fun writing. I hope you continue this story and good luck with it.
phteffen chapter 6 . 9/12
great story! always thought that some of the grayer unique fallout factions like Mr house and the Institute were underused, as well as having the most potential for creating interesting circumstances. making this story one of the more intriguing fan fictions I've come across. Also if you ever find yourself getting writer's block when writing a fallout story or having trouble coming up with a believable situation you can always build upon some of the more obscure lore. for instance, a source for overcoming the plot whole of the technology gap between the council and humans are the ancient advanced alien ruins gone over in the Cabbot house quest in Fallout 4.
Someone chapter 6 . 4/11
really like this story. please continue.
Oniele chapter 4 . 3/21
Eh, shielding in stationary/ground forces is still good.
Oniele chapter 3 . 3/21
An absolute masacre.
Oniele chapter 2 . 3/21
Blunt and to the point xD
Oniele chapter 1 . 3/21
Cool timeline :D
Bulldan chapter 6 . 3/21
You can skip the first contact war. It is nonsense.
MoonBurner chapter 6 . 3/21
I agree with most of your points. I'm hopeful that the first contact politics will be covered at least. Happy to wait if it means higher quality work, plus, it's not like you owe us anything. So take all the time you want. Also, in terms of Fallout weapons vs council, I can't see plasma being useful except perhaps as short range anti-vehicle armaments.

I say this because any kinetic barrier emitter will stop it in it's tracks unless it's moving too slow, which eliminates utilising it in space (unless a ship flies into it, or the heat melts the armour (though since ships move so fast, heat won't have much time to affect enemy unless ship flies into it)).

As for planetary combat, the reduced projectile speed necessary to avoid barriers won't impact it's viability as much, but it will make it easier for infantry to avoid the projectiles, which leads into my point that larger, less maneuverable vehicles are most vulnerable to plasma.
Regrettable Pun chapter 5 . 9/7/2016
This story is awesome and I can't wait to read more of it.
HaywireEagle chapter 3 . 9/3/2016
Here is a physics lesson for you. Everything has mass, down to the smallest particle. Therefore Lasers (Concentrated high-energy particles) and Plasma (4th of the 5 states of matter) blasts would be stopped by kinetic barriers for the reason that they have kinetic energy and physical mass. It is why frigates fight at knife-fight ranges with their GARDIAN Systems. The problem with that however is the heat that would be generated. Which can't be removed easily due to the fact that space is a poor conductor of heat. Turians would have humans beat at manuverability and range. Plus they'be been doing this for 1000 years. Humans were still re-learning the power of books and the joy of textured toilet paper.

Also, since the plasma is not a continuous stream. It would not penetrate like you are describing. It would kind of 'splash' against a surface. Quickly cooling as it loses its imparted energy and returns to a more neutral state.

The heat would cause the ship to suffer secondary damage. Circuits cooking, and such systems failing. Intenral atmosphere temprature would also rise quickly. Straining already hammered systems. Which was a state issue with running silent for long periods on the SR-1.

So far, all I am seeing is some poorly thought out HFY!fic, Dumb!Turians that just seems to take from several other sci-fi series. Flash Clones, Neural Lace, and other such things. . Setting is nice enough, but much of it is kind of cringe-worthy.

I don't care how smart they are. They are not going to create some form of synthesized version of Eezo. That just knocks much of this out of the realm of 'believablity'..

The fact that human ships also seem to neglect long rage weapons entirely is a design idea. Especially when your vessels are reliable in their jumps? At least you didn't make them some outrageous super-superior smug cunts. I'll give you that one

Wailing, not whaling. Homonyms are fun.
Eipok chapter 5 . 9/2/2016
Fulson's Disease reminds me of the Jove Sleeping Sickness. Very interesting.
Vindicem chapter 1 . 9/1/2016
Yo, but where that Courier be? Along with Mr. House and all of New Vegas or Big Mountain?
Blaze1992 chapter 5 . 8/29/2016
While this fic looks good so far could you clarify something for me and other readers. Does fic at all involve any of the games with Shep as the main viewpoint? Or is this focused on pre-ME covering all of humanity as it's focus?
mwjen chapter 5 . 8/29/2016
Great so far, thanks for posting.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »